Arrow

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That was pretty good, even if it did go back to the "magic drug/chemical from his past" wellagain.

Felicity scene right before he left for the duel is one of my favorite scenes of the series I think. So heartfelt about encouraging him to kill Ras. Also the guy playing Ras is really good.

Neesa will take him to the Lazarus pit for some reason or other. Probably just because she doesn't buy his story about killing Sarah at all.

Awesome Game of Thrones spoiler from Stephen Amell's twitter.

P7hCQiK.jpg

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Stephen Amell knows how to work the internets thats fo sho.

Well they did mention that Ras' last trial by combat was 67 years ago, so there is some precedent for lazarus pit action. Of course going that direction would open up Arrow and Flash to the more mystical side of the DCU, which honestly it may be time for considering how things have escalated.

Note that Ray Palmer's plotline is pretty much exactly the same as it would have been had they gotten to use Ted Kord what with creating a super suit and relying on technology. It would have been oddly poetic to have Blue Beetle be born out of O.M.A.C. technology. I have to imagine they will do some actual shrinking though when it comes down to it rather than turning the Atom into a Blue Beetle wannabe.

Caliane

Lazarus pit most likely

and from what i read, a lot of you are going to be pissed
first few episodes after the break are Laurel centric with her Black Canary plot
Makes the most sense. Introduce all these side characters becoming capes. No Arrow to protect the city, so we have Black Canary, Atom, Arsenal, etc doing it.

Green Arrow has a long history of faking his own death. But yeah. Also "sacred place" to the league, etc.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Yeah as soon as they said it was a sacred place to the league I went "Lazarus Pit incoming..."

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
The Lazarus Pit has to exist because Ras is at least 80 years old. Dude does not look 80. Didn't he say his first kill was at 13 or somewhere around that and then he hadn't been challenged for 67 years. So he has to be at least 80. Plus he didn't outright kill Oliver. He could have chopped his head off or stabbed him through the heart but he didn't. I think we are going to see The Green Arrow come out of all this. Should be pretty interesting.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Lazarus Pit has to exist because Ras is at least 80 years old. Dude does not look 80. Didn't he say his first kill was at 13 or somewhere around that and then he hadn't been challenged for 67 years.
He also mentioned that he had killed "thousands" of men. Even for the busiest assassin that's a pretty long haul.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I think they made it quite clear that in DCU TV there is mystical shit and this Ra's Al Ghul is the immortal one from the DCU comics. I think he's like 800 years old or something? Not the janky shit from other interpretations where Ra's Al Ghul is a name where different guys have assumed the mantle every so often. Or maybe theres mind transfer or something. IDK really.

Centuries of assassin experience is why he clowned Oliver so hard.

Maybe I can still hope for a Vandal Savage cameo in Flash/Arrow at some point. I think he'd be a great shadowy kind of addition to some plot.

Duskoy_sl

shitlord
Oliver got owned, I mean who didn't see that coming. Damn good episode. Really hope they just off Laurel at this point, hate her character and her pointy ass chin. Somehing tells me we will be getting more of her

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
There's a Lazarus pit just under that mountain, where Ras kicks old mate off. Ras told Oliver that "but for thinking me a fool", and adds later that "I'd taken up arms against someone who sought to do ill against my family". It's entirely possible that Ras knows/suspects that Merlin had been involved in Sara's death, and the only reason for Oliver to come forward as the killer would be to protect his city and his family. Therefore, Ras killed Oliver, erasing the blood debt, but gave him a chance to live again because he empathises with him.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So I finally watched the Charlie video and did I miss something? With the video on his phone didn't Merlin pretty much outright say that it was him? Like was mentioned before, its a Xanatos Gambit trope for him. Oliver wins fight with Ras and erases the blood debt on him, or Oliver loses and he doesn't have to deal with his shit anymore.

Thea was on the island with the mind control drug with Merlyn for fuck knows how long and he's a super shady asshole to begin with. Doesn't take much to put two and two together there...

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Great ending! When Oliver got Ras on one knee towards the end with his sudden move, I was a little worried they were going to go for a stereotypically stupid ending where the hero wins.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
When I was watching and seeing Oliver getting completely owned, I was thinking that if it were me I'd have risked it all on a sword throw to the back at one obvious point when Ra's is not looking at him. It was pretty clear by then that Oliver had no chance, sword or not, so I'd have said fuck it and tossed a Hail Mary. Maybe you get lucky.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
There's a Lazarus pit just under that mountain, where Ras kicks old mate off. Ras told Oliver that "but for thinking me a fool", and adds later that "I'd taken up arms against someone who sought to do ill against my family". It's entirely possible that Ras knows/suspects that Merlin had been involved in Sara's death, and the only reason for Oliver to come forward as the killer would be to protect his city and his family. Therefore, Ras killed Oliver, erasing the blood debt, but gave him a chance to live again because he empathises with him.
This is EXACTLY what I think is happening. He will end up at the Lazarus pit spa and retreat for an exfoliating resurrection bath.

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
basically restores you to your prime, i believe if done quick enough can counter death. You need to be continually dipped in for its restorative effects.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When I was watching and seeing Oliver getting completely owned, I was thinking that if it were me I'd have risked it all on a sword throw to the back at one obvious point when Ra's is not looking at him. It was pretty clear by then that Oliver had no chance, sword or not, so I'd have said fuck it and tossed a Hail Mary. Maybe you get lucky.
They had Black Dynamite chopping arrows out of the air with his stupid claws. Ra's would have caught the sword in two fingers and bitchslapped Oliver with the flat of the blade.