Atlas

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is the most mediocre movie I have ever seen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

1717516525477.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Shmoopy

Pretty much the plot of Titanfall 2 SP campaign. Whoever wrote this definitely played it.

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have my own list of actors who I've personally disavowed. Just won't watch any of their shit because they're all miserable, insufferable, entitled human beings. Basically, avoiding their work is my own little way of saying "fuck you".

J-Lo is one of them.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have my own list of actors who I've personally disavowed. Just won't watch any of their shit because they're all miserable, insufferable, entitled human beings. Basically, avoiding their work is my own little way of saying "fuck you".

J-Lo is one of them.

This wasn't that bad. She's basically furniture in this movie. It's all special effects and rock em sock em robots.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>

J-Lo is one of them.
Who else is on that list?
For me it’s Mark Ruffalo and Leonardo DeCaprio, can’t disassociate their real life persona from their character. Tom Cruise was on that list but he redeemed himself in my eyes with some good movies.

• 1Like

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Who else is on that list?
For me it’s Mark Ruffalo and Leonardo DeCaprio, can’t disassociate their real life persona from their character. Tom Cruise was on that list but he redeemed himself in my eyes with some good movies.
A good number of them are probably due to politics. For example, he’s old but I won’t watch anything with DeNiro in it now because he’s such an extreme leftist asshole.

Will Smith is there, which sucks because he’s done some really good acting in some good movies, but any respect I had for him as a person went out the window watching Jada pull his puppet strings to go slap Chris Rock moments after he was actively lol’ing at Rock’s jokes. She’s the real bitch there but fuck him for allowing her to manipulate him like that.

As for Cruise, I don’t really care much for the man with his Scientology and whacked personal life but nothing really egregious enough to care too much to put him on the list. I do give him credit for one thing though. The guy knows how to give movie fans what they want.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Also, actors in general sorta piss me off. Tom Hanks, who I consider to be the best of all time and one I do like, encapsulated it perfectly for me when upon receiving some award joked, “We get paid an awful lot amount of money to pretend”.

First, it is a lot of money. Ridiculous amounts in fact. But that in and of itself isn’t what I can’t stand. It’s when they inject themselves into real world topics with their own delusional, bullshit, entitled opinion as if matters more than others. Like all those fuckers who back in 2016 threatened to leave the country if they didn’t get their way in the vote. And not a single one of them had the balls to do it afterwards either.

And fuck the media and lemmings who eat that fucking shit up too.

• 1Like
  • 1Great Review
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
A good number of them are probably due to politics. For example, he’s old but I won’t watch anything with DeNiro in it now because he’s such an extreme leftist asshole.

Will Smith is there, which sucks because he’s done some really good acting in some good movies, but any respect I had for him as a person went out the window watching Jada pull his puppet strings to go slap Chris Rock moments after he was actively lol’ing at Rock’s jokes. She’s the real bitch there but fuck him for allowing her to manipulate him like that.

As for Cruise, I don’t really care much for the man with his Scientology and whacked personal life but nothing really egregious enough to care too much to put him on the list. I do give him credit for one thing though. The guy knows how to give movie fans what they want.
I guess the question comes down to whether or not you make a distinction between their new work versus their body of films prior to them making or outing themselves as liberal lunatics?

That's where things get a little hairy. Do you just completely blacklist their entire body of work?

Personally I don't because I know people change over time. It's possible that they've always had those sentiments, but we're polite enough to keep it secret, which is what normal people typically do, but you start doing political ads because you're Hollywood star telling me how I need to think, well I'll never spend a dollar on your work ever again.

Don't worry I have my own list of people I don't watch, and it seems that it's been about a close to a decade now, a lot more folks of slipped the mask off. Had to say it wasn't obvious maybe before, fun just being open and vocal about it.

If you have YouTube premium there's all kinds of wonderful old black and white movies and probably things that they get cheap access to because maybe they've come into public domain, but there's a surprising amount of older whole TV series, classic films that if you just want to sit down and watch something, there's a lot of good stuff.

That's probably available on regular YouTube but you probably are dealing with ads at that point and I'm sure they're obnoxious.

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I guess the question comes down to whether or not you make a distinction between their new work versus their body of films prior to them making or outing themselves as liberal lunatics?

That's where things get a little hairy. Do you just completely blacklist their entire body of work?
What I mean is, I’m not interested in putting money in their pockets any more. Do I think they’ll miss my few dollars if I don’t watch it? Of course not, but it makes me feel better to know I’m not supporting shitbags like that any more.

Now, I might still put the remote down if I come across Goodfellas or Independence Day or some other movie I enjoyed way back when. But I won’t go out of my way to watch them anymore. And if a disavowed shitbag releases something new, I won’t give two shits for passing on it either.

edit - another good example is Amber Heard. I was halfway semi interested in Aquaman 2 at one point. Then her trial against Depp happened. Holy crap what a piece of shit human. Her only redeeming quality IMO was that she saved me wasting money on that dumpster fire.

• 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
What I mean is, I’m not interested in putting money in their pockets any more. Do I think they’ll miss my few dollars if I don’t watch it? Of course not, but it makes me feel better to know I’m not supporting shitbags like that any more.

Now, I might still put the remote down if I come across Goodfellas or Independence Day or some other movie I enjoyed way back when. But I won’t go out of my way to watch them anymore. And if a disavowed shitbag releases something new, I won’t give two shits for passing on it either.
Yeah I think we're on the same page. It's a hard time to try to have a line of blacklisting whatever that I hear when these people start trying to tell me how to think. Everything becomes a hell of a lot more difficult when I factory earlier work versus whatever they're currently doing. I thought that they're not competent at their craft, but it's just where I draw that line.

I'm at least trying to assess that maybe they weren't a lunatic 10 years ago when they were part of a really great film. Could be the case but maybe it was also just them not voicing their political opinions out loud because it would have damaged their career. On one hand you say why the hell am I worrying about this, but then if I'm going to spend my spare time trying to enjoy a good movie, or sit down and read a good book, I now have to think about these thing, or at least a number of years ago that wasn't a front and center concern.

Also wonder how much of it is genuine versus if you don't bend the knee and genuflect, you'll never make another movie again. Probably a combination of all of the above.

Edit sorry talk to text

Last edited:
  • 1Like