Avengers: Age of Ultron

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
How would they kill Hulk? Banner already said he survived putting a gun in his mouth and pulling the trigger, so it's not like killing him in human form is really an option.

Column_sl

shitlord
There's no way to kill Hulk you can only trap him by sending him somewhere he can't escape. He also has limitless power

We also know the producer has stated he will be guess staring in more then one movie in the MCU, and that Ruffalo has a 5 picture deal

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
One thing people are forgetting is that just because people are confirmed in later movies doesn't mean those aren't flashbacks or LMDs or some other form of shenanigan. I'm not saying Hulk will die, that one is about the furthest from reality in my mind, but theoretically Black Widow could and still show up in flashbacks in a movie where Captain America and Iron man mourn her death and end up fighting over who is to blame, for example. Or Hawkeye, etc. Hopefully not Black Widow because I like her character, but just pointing out it doesn't mean they are safe if they are in future movies.

Column_sl

shitlord
I hate that they are releasing this a week ahead of the states. I have absolutely no willpower with this type of shit..

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't really want Hawkeye or Black Widow to die, but good god do they ever have absolutely no place in the Avengers. They're fine in other people's stand-alones, like Widow in Cap 2, but when the Avengers assemble, those two are so dramatically out of place. You've got a giant unstoppable green rage monster, an asgardian, a guy in an incredibly sophisticated suit of powered armor, and a dude who who is jacked up on super serum.

Then you've got a dude with a bow and trick arrows, and a chick with a pair of glocks.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
So much hate for Hawkeye. He's awesome, and I like Jeremy Renner.

Don't these lesser heroes team up with super powered folks all the time in the comics? How do they handle it in those cases? I think the first Avengers movie did a great job of giving every character an opportunity to be valuable part of the team, including Hawkeye and Black Widow.

Column_sl

shitlord
Can you say West Coast Avengers
wink.png

tumblr_n023p5dvu21rcp7bmo1_1280.jpg

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Force Works
rrr_img_92029.jpg

They actually might be a thing, they were mentioned as a team again during civil war.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Where did the someone is going to die rumour come from? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere other than here and it doesn't make any sense to kill off any of the characters at this or really any stage.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Where did the someone is going to die rumour come from? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere other than here and it doesn't make any sense to kill off any of the characters at this or really any stage.
When asked what his general philosophy is for the sequel, without getting into details, Whedon followed up with a dark voice:

"Death, death and death."

Joss Whedon Teases

That plus Whedon's tendency to murder characters.

Devlin

Golden Squire
I just don't see him being green lit to kill off any of the Avengers unless it's for an extremely brief amount of time (like post credit teaser) in a villainous switcheroo type deal.

They killed off a lot of characters in X3 and look how well that went down.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They've killed more people in the show than any of the movies. They've also faked more deaths than actual named character deaths in either medium.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Clearly you guys have never seen a Whedon movie before. The trailer shows Banner and Widow almost kissing. Joss loves to tug the heartstrings by setting up a romance then killing one of the participants. Hulk or Widow dies.
Motherfucker killed Wash!