Azrayne's drug geek thread

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Day 11 sober. Almost smoked weed on Friday. I basically can't go to a party for a while. The longer I stay at a drug fueled party/afterhours/event the likelihood of imbibing/drugging increases exponentially. Just can't say no to a pretty girl offering me drugs/alcohol basically.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just curious from the science folks here. Tell me about Tramadol. I have a bunch for my back. I assumed it was a full blown narcotic since I get pretty loopy/feel good on 2 of them. Though when it came time to get a new bottle. I guess for perc I had to come pick up a paper rx, but for some reason tramadol could just be phoned in.

Does that mean it's just not as usefull recreationally, or just milder or what's the differences? I love that it's just as cheap as the others.

ilikefoods

Peasant
Just curious from the science folks here. Tell me about Tramadol. I have a bunch for my back. I assumed it was a full blown narcotic since I get pretty loopy/feel good on 2 of them. Though when it came time to get a new bottle. I guess for perc I had to come pick up a paper rx, but for some reason tramadol could just be phoned in.

Does that mean it's just not as usefull recreationally, or just milder or what's the differences? I love that it's just as cheap as the others.

I imagine it's because the recreational use is limited, but it is still addictive. Of the 5 people I know who have taken it, I'm the only one that experienced any Euphoria and that is on a low dose. Knocks 2 people out with some crappy side effects (constipation, itchiness), 1 felt like he was dying, anxiety, sweating, nausea, he tried it once and was left naked, soaking with sweat and hugging a bucket all night. Last guy pops a dozen of them and they barely make a dent in his back pain.
As of a couple of years ago it became a controlled substance in the UK because of how many drug deaths it was involved in

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Tramadol is a schedule IV in US and Percocet is schedule II (Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Morphine, Oxymorphone, Fentanyl, etc etc) , schedule II has a much higher percentage for recreational abuse, as well as a lot stronger chance of being physically and psychologically addictive. Tramadol is a lot weaker compared to most of the other synthetic opiates and is not nearly as euphoric or as strong as the ones I listed before. Pure oxycodone, Oxycontin(before the crush change), Roxi's where always my go too. I always found snorting Opana(Oxymorphone) to be less euphoric and just a nod sessions that was not really fun for me or people around me.

Luckily I got away from that scene when I did, I was never one to use needles(don't care if anybody else does, just a different ROA) but it took me relapsing three times and then getting cut off my Suboxone to finally get my shit straight. KRA KRA!

TL/DR - Tramadol sucks.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Speaking of suboxone, just dropped to 3mg. Hopefully this shit will be done with in another 2 or 3 months. I seem to be building up momentum and doing bigger drops as I get closer to finishing, I just want this fucking taper over with so I can go on with life.

And yeah tramadol is a weird one, there's not much around here so I never tried it, but apparently it has SSRI effects in addition to the opioid effects, so coming off it is akin to coming off an SSRI and an opioid at the same time. Fuck all of that noise.

It also has a ceiling dose above which it can cause seizures (I think 400mg or 800mg/day), another reason it's not very popular.

• 1Solidarity

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Coming off Suboxone sucks just like a regular W/D, maybe quite not as rough as coming off diacetylmorphine, Oxymorphone/Oxycodone, methadone, etc. It did seem to me that the W/D's lasted longer than a regular W/D, guess it has something to do with Bupe's long half-life.

Granted, I was cut off my dose, 8mg daily and did not taper and just said fuck it, I am done with this shit, have been ever since.

The best stuff for helping the withdrawals were Imodium, Benzos, Alieve, and probably the best thing was Clonidine. The Clonidine helped sooo much, it was amazing.

Azrayne

Damn, 8mg cold turkey would be harsh. What happened? Some insurance issue?

. I do have a friend who said "fuck it" and jumped off 60mg methadone - he'd only been on it for 6 or 8 months but apparently it was a uniquely horrifying experience.

And yeah the long duration is a pain. At least with most of the others you're out of the woods by day four (PAWS aside), but dropping even 1/2mg at a time leaves me feeling foul for 5 or 6 days. Nothing like coming off a proper H/morphine run, but not fun either, especially since I know I just have to repeat the process in a week or two. But I was stupid enough to stay on it for 5 years, so that's the price I pay I guess...

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
It was a mistake I made, on the day of my original appointment, Doc wasn't there so the secretary wrote my monthly script. Well about two weeks later I had my appointment with the doc and he wrote me another prescription, well the genius I was tried to fill that one too, just so happens the pharmacist was a complete bitch and called the doc, and I got cut off. It was completely my fault really though. I was also getting Subutex most of the time because it was a lot cheaper because of the generics at the time.

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Also, firm believer that if a person doesn't really want to quit, they never will. I have a friend who has been on H for years and now he is going to the Methadone clinic but he has told me he does not want to quit and would be on Methadone the rest of his life. He simply doesn't want to stop. For me, when I got cut off, I finally said fuck this I am going to stop and just go through the withdrawals no matter how hard they are. Basically, the two rooms I were in for the next week or so, was my bathroom and my bedroom.

Don't miss the daily search, the hoops to jump through sometimes, and most of all I do miss all the money wasted.

KRA!

• 1Solidarity

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
They gave me Tramadol when I needed stitches and had a broken bone, didn't really feel like it did anything to me. I guess things hurt less but it was hard to tell. I've had Vicodin before too and really no euphoria or "fun" effect at all.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Tramadol is a really shitty opioid. Lots of Anglo folks lack the liver enzymes needed to metabolize it to O-Desmethyltramadol, meaning its worthless to lots of fine white folks. I want to say it also touches a bit on your kappa opioid receptor, meaning lots experience dysphoria as a side effect. Those with the liver enzyme needed to metabolize it experience great recreational effects, the rest of us would need to buy O-DSMT from an RC vendor to experience those same effects.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Also I hope in the future doctors gain a better understanding of suboxone. I'll be completely honest, since the DEA decided to be dicks and I got told by two pain clinics I "was too young to be on this regiment of pain medicine" I started juggling various other connections for mostly oxymorph or H and dealt with withdrawal a fucking ton. Got tired of doing that after a year and was scared of someone in my professional life finding out, so I acquired a lot of suboxone. Was on Subs from December 2014-April 2015. Had weaned down to less than .25mg every other day. Even coming off of that, I experienced some of the worst withdrawals I've ever dealt with from a mental standpoint. I did a lot of research on subs, ended up back on acetylfent from late April to August 2015 as I couldn't deal with the mental of sub withdrawal.

Towards the end I tapered way way down on AF by making lesser and lesser nasal sprays. Mid August 2015 I started a two week rapid sub taper, and combined with some benzos here and there for sleep, it was the most painless time I've ever quit opiates. I have slight cravings every so often, especially when I try to game now, but I feel like I've finally torn that dragon off my back. I definitely never experience PAWS in the manner I did when I first attempted coming off my Oxymorph/Oxycodone regiment or when I attempted coming off subs the first time.

TLDR: look into rapid tapering. I know it sounds nuts to go back to your DOC for a short time, but it may be worth it just so you can rapid taper on subs.

• 1Solidarity

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Have any of you guys tried Kratom to help aid with kicking these addictions? I hae read/heard it is very helpful for kicking cigarettes, pain killers & H.

I take it now & then for pain in my elbows & shoulders (old football injuries). Kratom has been pretty amazing for me & I am shocked I had never heard of it until a few months ago.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Have any of you guys tried Kratom to help aid with kicking these addictions? I hae read/heard it is very helpful for kicking cigarettes, pain killers & H.

I take it now & then for pain in my elbows & shoulders (old football injuries). Kratom has been pretty amazing for me & I am shocked I had never heard of it until a few months ago.

They are gonna schedule that shit soon from what some greenhouse guys i know were telling me. Grab a bush now and plant it before the Gov takes that shit off the market.

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone else here terrified of opiates? I have refused painkillers after broken bones because I know how my personality, and smoke cigs and pot, and drink like a fish on occasion. And Ive seen the opiate addiction curve happen, and dont trust myself enough to even test a prescribed dosage.

• 1Like

Azrayne

Anyone else here terrified of opiates? I have refused painkillers after broken bones because I know how my personality, and smoke cigs and pot, and drink like a fish on occasion. And Ive seen the opiate addiction curve happen, and dont trust myself enough to even test a prescribed dosage.

Probably not an unhealthy attitude. I would never judge anyone for making the decision to take opiates, but they can absolutely hijack your life in a crazy way. Looking back in hindsight now that I don't generally feel strong cravings anymore, the power of the whole thing still gets to me sometimes, that a stupid little chemical could so compromise my life path, my actions and my morals.

And I was relatively lucky - I'm fairly certain that really the only difference between me and the rest of my circle of friends from back in the day, who are still out living that life (bar one), is that I have a family who are willing to put up with my shit (well, ignore it, anyway) and give me somewhere to crash, no matter how sick or fucked up I was, and a doctor who was willing to go above and beyond to get me up and going again.

It's also worth bearing in mind that there are absolutely alternative ways of dealing with a lot of the issues which drive people to opiates in the first place. Although I was already a heavy user of other drugs, I only turned to opiates when I started getting severe back pain (I was also depressed and blah blah blah, but I just had no interest in downer type drugs before I needed them for pain - I'm actually pretty certain if you can dig up the old FOH site archive, you can find a post from when I first took codeine). The kind of pain that had me spending hours in hot showers trying to relax my muscles, eating shitloads of panadol/ibuprofen when I had no opiates, and once considering the possibility of extracting lidocaine from a dental medication to inject it in my back - fuck knows how that would have turned out). I spent at least a couple thousand seeing doctors and getting tests done trying to figure out what the fuck was going on, but they all just blew me off when they couldn't pinpoint something on an x-ray.

After I got onto suboxone and became serious about not using H, I was forced to start looking into alternative pain management, and through some weird combination of a daily stretching routine, some light yoga and tai chi, meditation, increased exercise and improving posture, the pain faded and eventually disappeared, something I never imagined would happen.

I saw easily at least a dozen doctors, and not one of them said "hey, there's shit you can do for pain that doesn't involve pills, surgery or injections." I mean I was glad the giant twisted knots between my shoulderblades were gone, but I was also pretty fucking pissed off.

Anyway, such is life.

They are gonna schedule that shit soon from what some greenhouse guys i know were telling me. Grab a bush now and plant it before the Gov takes that shit off the market.

Didn't the FDA back down on scheduling it? Last I heard I'm pretty sure some politicians had actually come forward after a massive movement to keep kratom legal emerged.

I've never tried it, since it's scheduled here in Aus, but I've heard a lot of good things.

Also, firm believer that if a person doesn't really want to quit, they never will. I have a friend who has been on H for years and now he is going to the Methadone clinic but he has told me he does not want to quit and would be on Methadone the rest of his life. He simply doesn't want to stop. For me, when I got cut off, I finally said fuck this I am going to stop and just go through the withdrawals no matter how hard they are. Basically, the two rooms I were in for the next week or so, was my bathroom and my bedroom.

Don't miss the daily search, the hoops to jump through sometimes, and most of all I do miss all the money wasted.

KRA!

There definitely needs to be an active drive to quit, that's for sure, although I don't think it's enough in itself. Some people just have shitty enough lives that, realistically, they're likely to never be in a situation where they have the tools and support and motivation they need to get it together long enough that they can reach a place in their life where they don't feel the need to medicate. But I think most middle class addicts with a supportive family can sort themselves out, given enough time and treatment (not so much the rehab roundabout as proper therapy to try and figure out what your deal is), you just have to keep them alive long enough for them to find a reason to want to stop.

Also I hope in the future doctors gain a better understanding of suboxone. I'll be completely honest, since the DEA decided to be dicks and I got told by two pain clinics I "was too young to be on this regiment of pain medicine" I started juggling various other connections for mostly oxymorph or H and dealt with withdrawal a fucking ton. Got tired of doing that after a year and was scared of someone in my professional life finding out, so I acquired a lot of suboxone. Was on Subs from December 2014-April 2015. Had weaned down to less than .25mg every other day. Even coming off of that, I experienced some of the worst withdrawals I've ever dealt with from a mental standpoint. I did a lot of research on subs, ended up back on acetylfent from late April to August 2015 as I couldn't deal with the mental of sub withdrawal.

Towards the end I tapered way way down on AF by making lesser and lesser nasal sprays. Mid August 2015 I started a two week rapid sub taper, and combined with some benzos here and there for sleep, it was the most painless time I've ever quit opiates. I have slight cravings every so often, especially when I try to game now, but I feel like I've finally torn that dragon off my back. I definitely never experience PAWS in the manner I did when I first attempted coming off my Oxymorph/Oxycodone regiment or when I attempted coming off subs the first time.

TLDR: look into rapid tapering. I know it sounds nuts to go back to your DOC for a short time, but it may be worth it just so you can rapid taper on subs.

Ok that's interesting - I've been thinking about doing something similar myself, dropping down to 1/2mg or so and then swapping over to an equipotent dose of codeine, then slowly reducing the codeine over a week or so. Since the codeine is so weak, I'd be able to taper down to minute doses that would never be possible with suboxone, and it has a short half life, so the withdrawals would be wrapped up in a few days instead of weeks. In theory, anyway. The problem is, I've never heard of anyone who's done it before (I also need to be able to get the codeine - they've been cracking down hard on it here the last few years, and a lot of pharmacy chains track it with a database like pseudoephedrine).

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i don't know how anyone can stand to have an opiate habit. the GI side effects are bad enough for me that after a few days on the stuff i would rather be sober. no amount of euphoria is worth being painfully constipated heh.

• 1Solidarity

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Didn't the FDA back down on scheduling it? Last I heard I'm pretty sure some politicians had actually come forward after a massive movement to keep kratom legal emerged.

I've never tried it, since it's scheduled here in Aus, but I've heard a lot of good things.

I don't know for a fact one way or another. A friend who owns a nursery said he started growing it 2 years ago because a huge surge in demand, and a few weeks ago he was told by the state Dept of Ag during an inspection that the US gov were going to schedule it and to be prepared to destroy it. Thats the story I was told, dunno how legit it is.

Azrayne

i don't know how anyone can stand to have an opiate habit. the GI side effects are bad enough for me that after a few days on the stuff i would rather be sober. no amount of euphoria is worth being painfully constipated heh.

I found it wasn't that bad with the shorter acting opiates - unless you're one of those people who wakes up during the night to take a shot, you usually start the day a little sick, so taking a dump is really easy, then you run back to your room and get on. And because I was a bum of a junkie for most of the time I could generally never keep a habit going more than a couple weeks at most, and often would cycle a few days on/few days off, depending on cash flow.

It's when you get onto methadone/suboxone and your system is saturated 24/7 that the GI stuff becomes a real problem. I had a lactose intolerant friend who used to drink tons of milk on purpose just because it gave him diarrhoea.

Personally I was fine until I'd been on the subs 2 or 3 years, then it became more and more of an issue - I went through all sorts of crazy combinations of laxatives and supplements before I found a regime that works well. But then, some people don't get it at all, I imagine diet is a factor.

I don't know for a fact one way or another. A friend who owns a nursery said he started growing it 2 years ago because a huge surge in demand, and a few weeks ago he was told by the state Dept of Ag during an inspection that the US gov were going to schedule it and to be prepared to destroy it. Thats the story I was told, dunno how legit it is.

Yeah from what I remember they were literally days away from an "temporary emergency scheduling" (aka. we have no evidence it's harmful but suck our dicks anyway cause we aren't reversing crap - it's the same BS they pulled with MDMA), but some politicians got involved after mass petitions and some social media frenzy and they backed down. I'll go check the Media section of BL, see what happened.

Ok yeah:

United States[edit]
The FDA started working with other US agencies to seize shipments of imported kratom in 2014, as the product was being marketed as a dietary supplement but had never been shown to be part of the US diet nor to be Generally Recognized as Safe.[36][37]

On 30 August 2016, the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) announced its intention to place the active materials in the kratom plant into Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act as a warning about an imminent hazard to public safety, citing over 600 calls to poison control centers between 2010 and 2015 and 15 kratom-related deaths between 2014 and 2016.[9] This drew strong protests among those using kratom to deal with chronic pain or wean themselves off opioids or alcohol.[38] A group of 51 members of the US House of Representatives and a group of 9 senators each sent letters to Acting DEA Administrator Chuck Rosenberg protesting the listing and around 140,000 people signed an online White House Petition protesting it.[39][40] The DEA noted the responses but said that it intended to go forward with the listing; a spokesman said: "We can't rely upon public opinion and anecdotal evidence. We have to rely upon science."[41] In October 2016, the DEA withdrew its notice of intent while inviting public comments over a review period ending 1 December 2016.[42][43]

As of May 2016, Alabama, Arkansas, Indiana, Tennessee, Vermont, and Wisconsin had made kratom illegal,[44] and the US Army had forbidden soldiers from using it.[45]

Mitragyna speciosa - Wikipedia

We have to rely upon science."[41]

Love that irony :/

Last edited: