B / low budget movies that should have a modern remake.

Siliconemelons

0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Deathstalker

Tagline: Journey to an age of awesome magic.

Genre: Action, Fantasy

Director: James Sbardellati

Cast: Rick Hill, Barbi Benton, Richard Brooker, Lana Clarkson, Victor Bo, Bernard Erhard, Augusto Larreta, Verónica Llinás, Marcos Woinsky, Adrián De Piero, Jorge Sorvik, Boy Olmi, Horacio Marassi, Patrick Duggan, Maria Fournery, Gabriela Rubinstein, Sebastián Larreta, Amalia Marty, Claudio Petty, Rudy Kumze

Release: 1983-09-02

Runtime: 80

Plot: The warrior Deathstalker is tasked by an old witch lady to obtain and unite the three powers of creation - a chalice, an amulet, and a sword - lest the evil magician Munkar get them and use them for nefarious purposes. After obtaining the sword, Deathstalker joins with other travelers going to the Big Tournament to determine the strongest warrior. The false king holds the true princess in captivity, and plots to have Deathstalker killed, and Deathstalker must fight to free the princess.

• 5Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Siliconemelons

Fun discussion time - what movie from years past that was maybe a B-Movie or low budget flick that would actually make a good/fun etc. Modern movie if given a decent budget... not necessarily huge blockbuster stuff etc.

I'll start with Deathstalker :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
None leave them be and enjoy the perfection we already have. Hollywood will never capture the magic of the originals and will just shit them up with their politics like Ghostbusters.

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
None leave them be and enjoy the perfection we already have. Hollywood will never capture the magic of the originals and will just shit them up with their politics like Ghostbusters.

You are treading on our dreams.

Equilibrium was a better movie than what we got, I will throw that one out there too.

• 1Solidarity

Szlia

Two things came to mind, a super campy but marvelously written hong kong saber movie from the '70s, but I can't find the title... I'll get back to you on that. The other is a police comedy from Taiwan called Sweet Alibis. This is a very odd and somewhat worrying movie, because, as you watch it, you can feel the comedy is often good on the page and the plot is very clever, but absolutely nothing works on the screen. I spent the whole film thinking "This should be good... why is it so bad?" Brush up the script, get a competent director and maybe this stinker turns into a hit?

EDIT: I realize that the guy who wrote and directed this film, Lien Li-Chi, recently directed another film I saw that was not without merits. A quirky romantic comedy called All Because of Love. Maybe he should remake his own movie?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Miracle Mile, film from the 80s about a man who walks by a payphone which is ringing, he picks it up and hears a tale about how the US and USSR are trading nukes and the world is about to end. guy runs around trying to warn everyone, but nobody believes him and the news isnt reporting shit. without giving away the ending, this film deserves a reboot. and since it takes place in LA its already a political and diverse film. the SJWs couldnt possibly hijack its message.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Siliconemelons

equilibrium was awesome, I don't know if a remake would be worth it... it just needs "exposure" as it is - and like many say, reboots could ruin them as instead of just having good CGI and camera work and coherent directing - "big Hollywood" may SJW them.

I think The Beastmaster could actually be a reboot success - more then just "I think it would be cool to see it, but modern"

As for the worst on this list...

No idea how we could save TLJ...just hyperspace ram it into dust

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Brad2770

There was a live action movie from the early 80’s that I liked better than Krull, but I can’t remember the name. I think the name was Dragon Lance, but I keep getting a result of either D&D stuff or the 80’s cartoon. It was a pheasant kid that ends up forging a lance and killing a dragon and it’s babies. From what I remember, it didn’t seem low budget (the dragons looked pretty awesome), but I could be wrong. I think it deserves to be in here as well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database