Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Co-op game was delayed by someone randomizing the appearance of their half-orc at character creation.

1691976180316.png

• 11Worf
Reactions: 10 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Putting that aside this is good fun when playing with friends. BG3 is the closest emulation of the old school pen & paper I've seen.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
PWK is limited by hp if I recall correctly, and spells like foresight and wish you could just alter their functionality to fit the game. Or just remove the big problems.

I don't know if any of you read the CRPG blog thread or if you remember from old BG2.

BG2 had an extremely autistic and deep amount of spell triggers, protections, and so on. But its very complex and the base game doesn't make use of it. But mods do. There's this whole ecosystem of difficulty where the game becomes about identifying and correctly stripping protections off of high level casters so you can ace them.

All of that existed within the 3E ruleset too. Which is just another reason why it was so remarkable for it's time.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I mean I don't expect something profound. BG2 was a stereotypical DND campaign.

Be forced to run away from home for some reasons. Go on adventures. Meet weird characters who are good or bad. Slowly uncover the big bad. Become more powerful. Go on more quests and do more weird shit. Go cool places. Confront big bad. Run off into the sunset with the boys.
So much this. I remember feeling pretty "meh" at/after the showdown with Irenicus. It was all the cool/fun along the way that made it so goddamn amazing.

Cybsled

Pro tip: At some point in the game (prior to act 2), you can enter a chair in the mountain pass area to potentially cure the parasite. If you do...

get the fuck out of the chair as soon as possible if you use it at all, don't do the saving throws at all if you can help it. I tried to make some saving throws. While I won the throws, it gave me perma stat loss every time. You literally get brain damage, it's not worth it lol. I played for an hour after that until I noticed I had more negatives on saving throws than usual, then I saw the debuff

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This game hits you with way too many storylines off the start. There were already a ton of plotlines then some winged demon lady showed up, and then I got teleported to some mansion with some other demon and I'm like what the fuck.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I’m really liking the OST but….
The Raphael fight theme song is next level.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This game hits you with way too many storylines off the start. There were already a ton of plotlines then some winged demon lady showed up, and then I got teleported to some mansion with some other demon and I'm like what the fuck.
"I HAVE ADHD AND AUTISM QUIT GIVING ME CHOICES!! THEY ARE HARD!!!" - State of gaming 2023.

• 6Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Played this for an hour and requested a refund. I really wanted to like this but holy shit its so slow moving for a video game. And not very fun playing alone. I forgot how much I dislike click to move games nowadays.

• 13Pathetic
  • 3Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 22 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Played this for an hour and requested a refund. I really wanted to like this but holy shit its so slow moving for a video game. And not very fun playing alone. I forgot how much I dislike click to move games nowadays.
"Being fucked by a bear is boring, gimmie my refund"

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I was reading an article that there is probably no plans for an expansion for BG3 which makes really sad. I’m loving this game. The article said the reason being that it may be impossible to balance the game at higher levels. The higher level spells are really powerful like Power Word Kill, Foresight and Wish. I can’t even imagine how in the hell they would incorporate Wish into the game.

I don't know if any of you read the CRPG blog thread or if you remember from old BG2.

BG2 had an extremely autistic and deep amount of spell triggers, protections, and so on. But its very complex and the base game doesn't make use of it. But mods do. There's this whole ecosystem of difficulty where the game becomes about identifying and correctly stripping protections off of high level casters so you can ace them.

All of that existed within the 3E ruleset too. Which is just another reason why it was so remarkable for it's time.

Yeah I'm totally with you on this. I'm wondering if WoTC wouldn't want an expansion because they know 5e high level play is borked. The things Larian would have to do to "fix" it would probably be substantial.

There were great ways to get around a lot of it though. Did you know Mustard Jellies had a 100% Magic Resistance, and you could polymorph into one? Imagine being a high level wizard and some guy turns into yellow slime and beats the shit out of you while you helplessly throw spells at him?

Imagine being a mighty Shadow Dragon and getting laid low by a pile of animated goop.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Pro tip: At some point in the game (prior to act 2), you can enter a chair in the mountain pass area to potentially cure the parasite. If you do...

get the fuck out of the chair as soon as possible if you use it at all, don't do the saving throws at all if you can help it. I tried to make some saving throws. While I won the throws, it gave me perma stat loss every time. You literally get brain damage, it's not worth it lol. I played for an hour after that until I noticed I had more negatives on saving throws than usual, then I saw the debuff
Success can be pretty nice though:
If you succeed on the final HUGE check, it makes all your illithid powers cost bonus actions, instead of normal actions.
The act 3 powers are pretty strong, if people are going that route too.
If Lae'zel is in your party:, she will want to go in the machine, so she can get the brain damage and your PC can still get the buff, if you pass a HUGE check on a different skill, Arcane I think.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Do you think you just got a bad ending? Aren't there supposed to be quite a few? If not, that's disappointing, but I guess it's the journey, yadda yadda...
There are apparently four main ending achievements.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
i havent read a post on this.

I love it and im 2.5 hours in. I went brd like a basic bitch and its so fun. But Im worried on group comp and might need to re roll a tank

That said, great stuff. But damn they went so far on the new lore nad shit

Im not up to date. I played BG1 and 2 for thousands of hours as a teen. Now instead of bandits im fighting 2 bosses fghting each other while i crash a space ship?

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Do you want the gay guy or the gay guy or the lesbian lady or the gay guy or the racist lady

• 3Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I haven't been really been helplessly obsessed with a game like I was with the original BG games and some of the others in years, and ive always assumed its just because I grew out of it. I figured it was just one of those things you can only do when you're a kid. Nope. Apparently it wasn't me, it's just that no one has put out a game of this caliber in a loooong time.

I caught myself looking at the clock last night at 1am thinking "Man, I've got to sleep. Maybe I'll play just a few more mintutes..." Next thing I know it's 4am. Fuck. It's been 20 years since that happened.

• 9Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Do you want the gay guy or the gay guy or the lesbian lady or the gay guy or the racist lady
I've literally killed ANY party member that has said something gay or isn't a dwarf so far. Adolf, Himmler, Stalin, and Napoleon - The Paladin Quadrumvirate have been inquisitioning against all gays and non dwarves.

There are times where a 4 Paladin party can be tough but it's still a blast not being able to stealth or pick lock for shit sometimes.

• 2Worf
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 2 users