Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
So on this dale evocation thing not hitting your party, is this a feat?

It's a subclass passive for Wizzes that subspec into School of Evocation. Gale I believe auto-specs into School of Evo, so unless you manually respecced him, he should have it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
What do you mean messed up my build, like how? Its not like they give you 100 options when you level up lol. Anyway, from MY experience in THIS GAME, his attacks dont do shit compared to my melee. I dont see those warlock 30HP hits like stated above, lol.

And I will have to check up on that spell sculpting thing on Gale. It could be a game changer.

Goonsquad Officer
Im at like lv 8 and I still do not see the appeal of the wizzard. Yes hes got some AOE nukes, but I honestly use him more for hastes and slows rather than aoe nukes which are highly situational. Basically an opening barrage, but when the fight continues and my melee are in range of the mobs, he becomes rather useless other than his buffs/debuffs/catrips. At this point im wondering weather to change him out for another melee. Melee is just so strong in this game especially with the movement options like jump and the misty step or whatever items they have, movement is a non issue. Most are high AC/HP so they can stand a beating as well. And in a good round a melee can do 2x or more dmg to a mob than the wizzard can. Other than his int check dialogue BS, and some buff/debuff I honestly dont see a need for him. Plus I respecced my cleric to light cleric so she now has a couple of nukes herself. Maybe im just playing him wrong, help me out plz. But im wondering why have him in there with his 20hp hits if not resisted fully, if I can have another melle doing 40+ hp hits per round. Oh yeah, counterspell is a thing too. Hes good at that.

Warlock I tried too and honestly hes a waste of spot. ZDPS, at least at my levels. Sure he can hex but is it really worth having him in group for a hex? Meh, I sidelined him a while ago with his 8-10hp IF HE HITS AT ALL hits.
I was of that opinion but mid act 2 I started to use evoker gale correctly. Barag3s of magic misslw to clear out one hit mobs and almost dead. Drop wall of fire across groups then punt people in with shove and push back attack. Lightning bolt lines work way more often than fireball. I've come around on wizard for sure . I'm also level 8

Goonsquad Officer
Yeah and if they are grouped, they are grouped up around your dudes, so do you nuke your team as well? Hmmm, I dont think so. Also anther thing about wiz that I hate is all the enemy just basically B line for him in almost every fight. Hes like a magnet.
Evoker wizard doesn't hit teammates with aoe

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Warlock is good so far. He is a decent melee who can also cast lots of AOE spells (hunger of hadar, storm of daggers). You can do this while still being okay melee is the strength. Lvl 5 with deepened pact he gets 2 attacks per round too.
If you go pact of the blade to get 2 attacks with deepened pact, your pact weapon will use charisma for attacks instead of str or dex. Just have to bind to the weapon after long rest

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Something wrong with my pc or maybe I save scummed too much or dunno what’s going on, but game performance has taken a complete shit, barely playable now.
Part of me is relieved honestly. Man, all these years I’ve been thinking I finally got my ass in gear and be responsible, hold down a job, take care of wife and kids etc. but really it was just that games just became shitty for a decade +. This past week I’ve gone full neckbeard like I was playing bg1 or eq or something again and my wife has gotten increasingly concerned

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Goonsquad Officer
Something wrong with my pc or maybe I save scummed too much or dunno what’s going on, but game performance has taken a complete shit, barely playable now.
Part of me is relieved honestly. Man, all these years I’ve been thinking I finally got my ass in gear and be responsible, hold down a job, take care of wife and kids etc. but really it was just that games just became shitty for a decade +. This past week I’ve gone full neckbeard like I was playing bg1 or eq or something again and my wife has gotten increasingly concerned
i was told recently about a friend of mine i hadn't chatted with in a year or two. his sister turned up randomly at my kids gymnastics place. i asked her how he been. he's been good, but he completely gave up games of any kind because he was apparently a raging addict, he let it ruin a few jobs, etc. had to cold turkey. i told her to tell him to come tabletop with us some time but i dunno if she talked to him. i figure table top requiring homies would be a "safe" outlet for him. some folks do have a hard time limiting their game time i think.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
i was told recently about a friend of mine i hadn't chatted with in a year or two. his sister turned up randomly at my kids gymnastics place. i asked her how he been. he's been good, but he completely gave up games of any kind because he was apparently a raging addict, he let it ruin a few jobs, etc. had to cold turkey. i told her to tell him to come tabletop with us some time but i dunno if she talked to him. i figure table top requiring homies would be a "safe" outlet for him. some folks do have a hard time limiting their game time i think.
Ive always been a streak binge type gamer. Would binge for a few weeks on some games, then never touch them for a few weeks or even months, then come back to them. etc...

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
happy there you go GIF by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Also, in the long run Sorc 8 / Cleric 2 / Div Wiz 2 will be stronger than Sorc 10 / Cleric 2.
This is my current build plan but afraid I’m gonna get gimped with no damage ability in the early game, started 2 Div/ 1 tempest

Was also thinking sorc 6/cleric 2/div2/wiz2/fighter2 for the surge action?

or something with div6 because Id really like to get more of the portent features m, but I need lighting bolt and if I can’t learn it as Div Wiz does that mean I can still learn it if I find the scroll? And what then are the odds of running across the scroll?

also didn’t know I missed out on the gith so I can’t take advantage of her early utility, not that I really care, gonna purge all the crybabies off when they’re useless

j00t

Its also good because you are working with several people's time table. He can't play your tabletop campaign without you guys, you know? I mean he can day dream and build characters and stuff, but the game itself requires a very specific time frame

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This is my current build plan but afraid I’m gonna get gimped with no damage ability in the early game, started 2 Div/ 1 tempest

or something with div6 because Id really like to get more of the portent features m, but I need lighting bolt and if I can’t learn it as Div Wiz does that mean I can still learn it if I find the scroll? And what then are the odds of running across the scroll?

also didn’t know I missed out on the gith so I can’t take advantage of her early utility, not that I really care, gonna purge all the crybabies off when they’re useless
What is the logic behind this multiclass setup?

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
So people are saying this game isn’t woke trash but as far as I can tell my straight male characters romance options are

7 gay men
1 Michelle Rodriguez orc
1 demon
1 woman

Fuck this

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

In 5e, multi classing starts to work against you much quicker than in previous editions. There is almost never a reason to multiclass more than twice, and even that is rare.

You also can't multiclass subclasses, so you can't do a div2/wizard2. It's just a wizard2 who subclasses into div.

I don't know how multiclassing in bg3 works, specifically with scribing scrolls. I know bards who multiclass into wizard can scribe scrolls, but this game doesn't seem to differentiate class spells when it comes to scrolls, so you might be able to scribe wizard spells into your sorcerer book, even though in tabletop you cannot do that. Same idea for clerics, though it should work even less since there is plebty of overlap between sorc and wizard and hardly any between wizard and cleric.

ALSO, you shouldn't have any problem learning lightning bolt as a diviner because you can just pick it as a known spell at lvl 5 div

Does that make sense? I don't know if I covered everything

j00t

So people are saying this game isn’t woke trash but as far as I can tell my straight male characters romance options are

7 gay men
1 Michelle Rodriguez orc
1 demon
1 woman

Fuck this
People get up in arms about this. There are no gay or straight characters, just characters that are into the main player or not. Your race and gender are 100% irrelevant

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Early damage is among the best of any class since all you need is Storm Sorc 1/Tempest Cleric 2 to get started. Get 'em wet for double electric damage, toss a Chromatic Orb, maximize damage with Destructive Wrath and just about anything you have any business fighting will die. Go back to sorc at level 4, upcast Chromatic Orb for even more damage, etc. Take the wizard levels somewhere between 6 and 9 depending on how much of a rush you're in to get Portent and the spell slots vs. Sorc 4 ASI, Sorc 6 Heart of the Storm + Call Lightning, etc.