Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If your retarded like me you might not have realized until 70 hours into the game you can ctrl/shift click multiple items to move stuff around much easier...

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
To expand on this a tiny bit: If I wanted to play D&D with a party full of annoying drama bombs, I would have maintained friendships with the people I knew in college.
There's no question that there are a lot of socially awkward/weird people that play D&D, but there's a lot of completely normal people that play, too.

I had to cycle through half a dozen players when my current campaign started, but the group I have now is rock solid. One of them is a bit goofy, but everyone is stable, they show up every week, they're all interested in the game, and they genuinely try to avoid doing stuff that would make my life a living hell. I honestly couldn't ask for more.

At one point I even took a 4 and a half month hiatus to help provide my wife's grandmother 24/7 care until she passed and all my players came back. Two of them even left other games they had joined while I was on the bench. That kind of loyalty among D&D groups is unheard of unless the players were friends first, but I didn't know any of these people before the campaign started.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My main group, that I played 90% of my gaming time with, was the stoner/metalhead group. Other than me banging one of their ex's, we had almost zero drama amongst us. The theater/drama peeps were a whole other story. It seemed like every month there was some weird drama shit going on amongst them. I stopped hanging out with most of them after they got busted having an orgy at a larp event.
The one good thing the theater crowd had going for them was the chicks. Those girls liked to fuck….especially when they get drunk at cast parties.

The metal head group not so much with the ladies. Apparently chicks didn’t want to hang out in a basement with a bunch of stoners listening to Iron Maiden and watching Evil Dead 2 on VHS for the 5th time that week.

As for BG3 I hope they release expansions just like the old school standalone D&D modules. If they do this my money is theirs.

early-edition-covers.jpg

• 11Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The one good thing the theater crowd had going for them was the chicks. Those girls liked to fuck….especially when they get drunk at cast parties.

The metal head group not so much with the ladies. Apparently chicks didn’t want to hang out in a basement with a bunch of stoners listening to Iron Maiden and watching Evil Dead 2 on VHS for the 5th time that week.

As for BG3 I hope they release expansions just like the old school standalone D&D modules. If they do this my money is theirs.

early-edition-covers.jpg
Larian won’t but modders likely will.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just ran across a helpful bug.

The Sharpshooter feat penalty to-hit doesn't affect your off-hand. So, if you're dual-wielding Hand Crossbows it's a massive buff.

Drow Rogue (Thief) with the extra bonus action (off-hand attack) go BRRRR.

*edit* clarified

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Be careful, they just rolled back Hotfix #4 they released today, it'll make your saves you made on Hotfix #4 incompatible with the previous version of the game they rolled back out.

Had this happen to me. Now I need to wait for the hotfix#4 re-upload or I will have lost 4+ hours of gameplay.

Goonsquad Officer
Oof. Its too late. I signed out apparently when I went afk. I also have four hours of game I cant play

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Had this happen to me. Now I need to wait for the hotfix#4 re-upload or I will have lost 4+ hours of gameplay.
About what time do you think they patched and was it small? I had restarted the game earlier this evening around 5, and I wonder if when I did steam went ahead and automatically updated. That's the case I think I'll probably lose quite a bit of progress.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
About what time do you think they patched and was it small? I had restarted the game earlier this evening around 5, and I wonder if when I did steam went ahead and automatically updated. That's the case I think I'll probably lose quite a bit of progress.
I think by 5 (PST) they had already reverted back to the #3 patch. If so you should be fine. I was just in that window when #4 was available.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goonsquad Officer
My saves after 5:26 cst are un usable. That's about whe. Iogged in maybe

Goonsquad Officer
I think by 5 (PST) they had already reverted back to the #3 patch. If so you should be fine. I was just in that window when #4 was available.
Hmm maybe I launched my game earlier and didn't log in for a while

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Weird, I played a bit this afternoon, around 1PM EST, and just checked and all my saves are good.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Could you just restart from four hours ago and do totally different dialogue options to see which way it goes until the fix it and you can play your first one? Seems like a decent way to play and not feel like it’s doing stuff all over again.

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
im lvl 4 there and slaughtered everybody at the party so i assume ill be fine lol
i killed the 3 kids and have them in karlachs inventory to throw at the leaders just to be a dick

Wait, you can kill kids? I tried to kill one of the Tiefling thieves in the beginning to see if he had an item, but when I got him to 0 HP he just ran away instead of dying.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Every time I see the title of the character creation song for this game I can only see one image in my mind's eye.

Matt Foley Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users