Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
No one wants these faggot characters in their fantasy RPGs.
When handled/written like an adult it isn't even noticeable, Wrath of the Righteous pathfinder module comes to mind. A female half orc paladin and a male half elf ranger fall in love, down the road the ranger gets a sex change via magic and they are a lesbian couple.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Don't care what's between his/her legs. Not interested. Can she/he swing a sword, or heal me? Yes? Good. No? GTFO.

I'm not playing an RPG to have complex encounters with real life political and/or social issues. I'm playing an RPG to kill things and potentially solve one or two quests that make me use my brain instead of killing things. Unless her/his/its gender dilemma is going to help me solve a quest,don't fucking mention itunless it's clearly backstory that is in an alternate discussion topic that I actually asked her/him/it about.

If they force this content on me, I will be annoyed by it, because gaming is a form of escape for me. I'm not interested in reading about this stuff in the news as well as in the games I play. No no no.

• 1Triggered
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
In this new age of a reinvigorated isometric CRPG market and several top tier titles like Larian's Original Sin 2, Pathfinder Kingmaker and Pillars of Eternity it seems Larian teased BG III maybe it will be at E3, IDK.

This would make sense with both the success of Larian's recent games and how Waterdeep has risen in popularity a lot recently. Which, while BG is technically not related to Waterdeep it's still in the same universe and the title lends a lot of credibility and market success. Who knows! One can hope I guess.

• 5Like
  • 3Mother of God
Reactions: 7 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Seems like a large jump from that icon to something III. We'll see I guess. On one hand I hope they do come out with a BG3. On the other hand I dunno....

• 2Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Hope so and hope it doesn't suck. How long has it been since BG1, 20ish years? Have the re-release of BG1, BG2, and IWD on my computer right now. Fire them up and play every so often.

• 2Like

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Seems like a large jump from that icon to something III. We'll see I guess. On one hand I hope they do come out with a BG3. On the other hand I dunno....

Assume they've been working on it for a while if they announce it now (at E3), would also fit in with the tweet from Brian Fargo a while back.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Amod Amod Could you also correct the thread title please? Blame my very fat thumbs.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
if that's the case I will probably ejaculate so hard that my penis will detach itself and fly away and I have to call myself Mary from now on

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users