Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I got BG1+2 EE and didn't encounter any bugs from memory. Did they fire half of the male programmers and hire women who did gender studies?
The original beamdog releases had all kinds of spell problems /stacking problems that were "fixed" from the original . I forgave a ton of things because i liked the UI changes and I didnt hate the new characters. Something happened there man. Something Bad.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
So, I bought BG EE way back when it was first relased. Haven't bought anything else from them, or the expansion. Does this make my Steam copy buggy and shit now?

If it does, wasn't there a way to import BG1 into the BG2 engine? So I could go and buy BG1 and BG2 the originals from GoG and just play with a few mods for the original experience, right?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
There is a mod that converts BG1 to the BG2 engine (it's not exactly balanced since BG2 had some power creep with special classes, etc). Mod can be foundhere. It was created for the original game, so no idea if it works with the GoG's modified version.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Should work fine with the GOG version. That said, I vastly prefer BG Trilogy to Tutu (and to BG:EE, for that matter).

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
There is a mod that converts BG1 to the BG2 engine (it's not exactly balanced since BG2 had some power creep with special classes, etc). Mod can be foundhere. It was created for the original game, so no idea if it works with the GoG's modified version.
Some of the BG2 kits are just OP as fuck at Level 1

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Level 1 balance was always silly though - back in the day before mods I used to level up to 3 or so by kiting Firebeard Elvenhair (the mage in the starting inn) around, using the zoneout cheese to make sure he didnt get any spells on me, and export-import once or twice. Made the game a lot more fun.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I'm Trent Oster, CEO of Beamdog.

First off, everyone here is ecstatic to have shipped Baldur?s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear. Siege represents years of hard work by a dedicated team that we grew from a combination of home grown talent, original Baldur's Gate modders and former Bioware developers. Siege of Dragonspear represents more than 25 hours of new Baldur?s Gate gameplay, and more than 500,000 words of writing. I?m proud of our team for launching this great expansion.

We?ve received feedback around Mizhena, a supporting character who reveals she is transgender. In retrospect, it would have been better served if we had introduced a transgender character with more development. This is a lesson we will be carrying forward in our development as creators and we will be improving this character in a future update.

The last few days have showed us how passionately many of our fans care for our games. We've had a lot of great feedback from players who love the expansion and are having a great time experiencing the first new Baldur's Gate story in 15 years.
While we appreciate all feedback we receive from our fans, both positive as well as negative, some of the negative feedback has focused not on Siege of Dragonspear but on individual developers at Beamdog -- to the point of online threats and harassment.

I just want to make it crystal clear that Beamdog does not condone this behavior, and moreover that it will not have the desired effect as we stand behind all our developers 100%. We created the game as a group, and moving forward we'll work on the game's issues as a group, which I believe is exactly as it should be.

We?ve received valuable feedback around some bugs we failed to catch for ship. We're hard at work right now patching up the issues that slipped through and we're striving to ship fixes and improvements quickly. We will provide a complete list of the issues we plan to address in our next update. Issues of note we are addressing are:

Multiplayer ? We are acting on reports of multiplayer issues and hope to have this fixed in the next update.

Minsc ? Minsc has a line which generated controversy. Looking back on the line, we agree with the feedback from our community, it has nothing to do with his character and we will be removing the line.

We hope all our players continue to enjoy Siege of Dragonspear and we look forward to providing an update in the near future. Regards, -Trent
He finally does what they should have done on day one rather than respond the way they did to the criticism.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I haven't followed this at all, what was the line Minsc said that had to be removed?

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Oh, Jesus. You've got to be kidding me. Keep that shit out of the game.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah whoever thought that was a witty, topical line to throw in there should be fired.

I'm not sure Baldur's Gate needed a new expansion bridging the two games, but whatever.

However, if you're going to do it, you need to respect both the time frame the product was originally developed in, and not add stuff from reality that references topical shit that occurs 20 fucking years after the original game, and you really need to respect the IP and the history it has and the love that the community has for the product. Their love is the only reason Beamdog is able to shit out a new expansion to a 20 year old game they had nothing to do with when it was originally develop, and to shit on them and throw this sort of anti gamer nonsense in their faces, is beyond the pale.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Yeah whoever thought that was a witty, topical line to throw in there should be fired.

I'm not sure Baldur's Gate needed a new expansion bridging the two games, but whatever.

However, if you're going to do it, you need to respect both the time frame the product was originally developed in, and not add stuff from reality that references topical shit that occurs 20 fucking years after the original game, and you really need to respect the IP and the history it has and the love that the community has for the product. Their love is the only reason Beamdog is able to shit out a new expansion to a 20 year old game they had nothing to do with when it was originally develop, and to shit on them and throw this sort of anti gamer nonsense in their faces, is beyond the pale.
The dumb thing given all the drama is the game is really really good.

typical bugs but its all there:

Great variation in encounters
decisions matter
multiple paths to solve dungeon/quest - good / evil
puzzles
exploration rewarded
Map is awesome

its good stuff and the story fits right in.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
He finally does what they should have done on day one rather than respond the way they did to the criticism.
What's all that happy horseshit? He should stand by what he said before and stick to his snarky hyperbole

rrr_img_130590.png

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They poked the bear, they fired the shots. They made a non-issue, a divisive one.

I promise you, +90% of potential buyers don't care about the inclusion of the transgender's, bi-sexuals, etc... they just don't want to give money to people that antagonistically defend their stance with a middle finger to the face, saying "deal with it".

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Takes two sides to make an issue divisive. Most of us are adult enough to pay no attention to the bullshit and just play the game.

What I do wish they'd stop doing is trying to bait gamers by introducing this kind of thing into games when it has no business being there. Unless LGBTQ is a big social issue in Baldur's Gate, don't make it an issue there. Period. Unless she's still packing down there and it magically makes some sort of difference in battle or somehow affects the plot, we don't need to know. And unless Minsc is somehow going to become the next Deadpool (which I'd pay good money for), don't have him break the fourth wall. Just don't.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Except he's still defending Amber Cunt Scott.. Her "wahh, I'll fight to shove as much SJW content down your throats as I can so you better learn to like the taste of shit" is indefensible. That attitude bothers me far more than the in game tranny does.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Holy shit, if they let her touch Planescape I'll have an aneurysm. Probably my favorite game of all time, with arguably the best writing in a video game ever, touched by this hack that makes Judy Blume look like Shakespeare? Jesus fuck, no..

"the adventures of the Nameless One, in his eternal quest to discover his true gender"..