Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Goonsquad Officer
This game is fucking garbage. The difficulty is ridiculously unbalanced, and it sucks all of the fun right out of the game.

Maybe im just bad, but almost every encounter is a life or death MISS fest that usually results in one of my party members dying and me having to reload. Im no table top master, but for fucks sake, do devs not realize that shit like this is not FUN? I want a challenge, but for fucks sake.
Treat them like an mmo that has body blocking. Put 2 tough armored classes up front. Use line of sight to make them come to you. Fight tooth and claw to raise your ac.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This game is fucking garbage. The difficulty is ridiculously unbalanced, and it sucks all of the fun right out of the game.

Maybe im just bad, but almost every encounter is a life or death MISS fest that usually results in one of my party members dying and me having to reload. Im no table top master, but for fucks sake, do devs not realize that shit like this is not FUN? I want a challenge, but for fucks sake.
The game has a "story" mode setting if you're bad.

• 6Like
  • 5Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 11 users

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also yeah after some testing dual wield is indeed trash because all it does is rob you of your bonus action which of course has way more versatility than an off hand attack does. Assassin is actually quite strong you just need to make sure you initiate fights with him in sneakity sneak mode. Because if you have your fighter(s) with the Alert feat you almost always start first then can move into position while they're surprised.
Default should be "R" to toggle Dual Wield on and off, helped a lot when needing to make those fine tuned decisions.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Underdark Easily Missed Area

Almost missed finding the Festering Cove with the Bhall impostor and the Kuo-Toa.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Underdark Easily Missed Area

Almost missed finding the Festering Cove with the Bhall impostor and the Kuo-Toa.
Its quick to miss, but not a lot of depth to it. Im "hoping" that it has some effect on a quest later - but I havent seen shit so far. Even looked online if there was suppose to be more to the area.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
lol

1692062237797.png

• 5Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
For instance Im lvl 4 and just got to mountain pass, having banged the drow and sided with goblins. Im a fighter w sword and board, with shadowheart the Githyanki chic and Astarion. Im stuck at the first section of the mountain pass area with the undead mobs that keep spawning eachother. I have been able to work my way through most of the encounters but I miss so many attacks, I just feel like theres something wrong or that Im missing something?

I just figured out resting and shit like 3 hours into the game lol, so I am admittedly bad. Im also autistic. Anyway, what should I do before a battle encounter? Like should I try to sneak or hide? I usually just run up to mobs and start fighting. I dont really use dash or jump or anything. Its just really frustrating when the mobs are crit hitting and healing themselves, and Im stuck missing attacks and just get skull fucked over and over. I even miss ranged attacks when having the high ground, its very frustrating. So I should run my higher AC characters up to the front? Ive tried almost everything I almost got passed that encounter by kiting them but I ran out of space and got raped.

• 1Worf

Goonsquad Officer
For instance Im lvl 4 and just got to mountain pass, having banged the drow and sided with goblins. Im a fighter w sword and board, with shadowheart the Githyanki chic and Astarion. Im stuck at the first section of the mountain pass area with the undead mobs that keep spawning eachother. I have been able to work my way through most of the encounters but I miss so many attacks, I just feel like theres something wrong or that Im missing something?

I just figured out resting and shit like 3 hours into the game lol, so I am admittedly bad. Im also autistic. Anyway, what should I do before a battle encounter? Like should I try to sneak or hide? I usually just run up to mobs and start fighting. I dont really use dash or jump or anything. Its just really frustrating when the mobs are crit hitting and healing themselves, and Im stuck missing attacks and just get skull fucked over and over. I even miss ranged attacks when having the high ground, its very frustrating. So I should run my higher AC characters up to the front? Ive tried almost everything I almost got passed that encounter by kiting them but I ran out of space and got raped.
the mountain pass, i think, is a bit harder than the underdark in act 1, or at least you can wind up eating shit sandwiches, like that undead encounter. I bet it is a real turd right at level four. those big guys have very high AC for the level, and those are the ones rezing the little turds. I think i had done the whole underdark of act 1 before i came here so my AC was wild at hte time. I imagine spells work a lot better for killing armor guys than melee weapons...hmm though it looks like you have a melee squad.

dash/jump/shove are amazing, but you kind of have to get used to them. jump is great in combat to get around body blocking, or weird corners/obsticlals. sprint wastes your turn so you really only do it when you MUST close. like if an archer is hammering you. you can dash a fighter to just 'be in melee' with them so they stop being as mobile. Shove is outlandishly good. you can do a full round of attacks against a foe. then circle around them and try to shove them in a hole or off a cliff. cliff damage gets high fast after about 12 feet of fall i guess. holes are instant death, some times that includes bodies of water. the wildest part is that it's a bonus action. i'm currently in act 2, and my rogue sort of walks next to these assholes who don't know i hate them and one by one he punts them into the river and they die heh.

the 'easiest way' to deal with this encounter is to maybe...go grind a little xp some where else. and raise everyone's Armor class. if you're unfamiliar with AC in 5th i can break it down for you like a big ol sperg if you want.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Jump is also really good at getting out of effects like fire or acid and grease/web, whereas if you run you face save checks and damage.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
What in the fuck? Console? You must be joking my ass.
Hold your horses bucko

Controller is plugged in while wife in room so I can sit on bed and pretend to watch Scream 6 hit space bar when she leaves.

p.s. For the Plebs waiting for console and don’t have decent machines - the controller is unbelievably flawless. The PlayStation/Xbox users will be happy.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The level designers of this game don't get enough credit. Set pieces are amazing and exploration is top notch.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users