Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Sevens

Log Wizard
Is it through steam? Can you check the synch on cloud games and see if they re-upload?
Yeah, its from steam and the cloud is synched...checked around all my BG3 and Steam files and they are no where to be found.
Guess I just have to start anew

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, its from steam and the cloud is synched...checked around all my BG3 and Steam files and they are no where to be found.
Guess I just have to start anew

That sounds like your files got corrupted/deleted while in game, then when you exited they deleted themselves from the cloud as well. That's one of the things they wanted people to do before uninstalling the early access version to make sure people didn't get any errors. Open the game, delete all saves, then close it and let it synch to steam as that deleted all the saves from the cloud.

There is a separate button called "delete campaign" on the save menu if you have several characters that lets you delete the campaign and not just individual saves. If you only had one, I'm guessing the entire campaign got corrupted/deleted somehow.

If you have any saves they are at "C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate 3\PlayerProfiles\Public\Savegames\Story" need to enable show hidden files for the appdata folder.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Shadowheart's VA is apparently a dyke. I know now what I have to do, I have to kill her

• 1Worf
  • 1GreNeg
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Goonsquad Officer
I'm in the final battle and i can't seem to:
I can't get call forth allies to work. when i click the button, then click an ally, it brings up something like this:
1693144003151.png

and if i click that button....it is a movement prompt and it asks me to move my guy. but no ally shows up? am i using it wrong? the mouse over says it is used "in combat"

Goonsquad Officer
I'm in the final battle and i can't seem to:
I can't get call forth allies to work. when i click the button, then click an ally, it brings up something like this: View attachment 488238

and if i click that button....it is a movement prompt and it asks me to move my guy. but no ally shows up? am i using it wrong? the mouse over says it is used "in combat"
okay, it seems to be a bug on my main guy b ut no one else. weird. i guess it's that thing he has where he can use minor actions as major and vice versa

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
act 3 spoilers
I genuinely love the difficulty of newly released game bugs or whatever the fuck this is that's preventing me from having advantage on this check.

1693159274062.png

Goonsquad Officer
haha i just finished the ending bit, hilariously:

i'm an assassin. i can disguise at will, we let orpheus out and my guy volunteered to squid up....then i illusioned myself as a person with assassin disguise....and....no one gave a shit they were like "HEY DID YOU HEAR ABOUT BILL THE SQUID MAN? COOL HUH? SHAME HE's SO UGLY SHAME HUH

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
act 3 spoilers
I genuinely love the difficulty of newly released game bugs or whatever the fuck this is that's preventing me from having advantage on this check.

View attachment 488304
Because that wasn't a saving throw, it was just a plain stat check (I think I have heard Critical Roll DM ask for one before, but forgot the DnD term for it). Also, on your second picture, I wanted to see what happens if I won the 99 roll, so I got advantage, and then reloaded until I got a nat 20 and...nothing was different.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goonsquad Officer
my steam shows 195 hours, but i'm a bad yardstick for game times. i'm real prone to afk. long ass game. feels like mass effect 1 2 and 3 smooshed together. or a number of other multi part games, played all at once. once the bugs are fixed (which i don't think many really bugged me. at least not enough to drag down my score of the game), the game will be a masterpiece. truely one of the games of all time. I didn't anticipate that i would even buy this game. and now i think it's one of the highest quality games i've played.

hah classic laezel. i romanced her, but i became squid man. so at the end orpheus is like "hey come with us, we got badass dragon riding to do".

if you say "stay with me" she says there's some bridges she can't cross. she's thankful but she can't be porking a squid boy.

if you say "go, it is your duty" she's like "but i'll miss you forever, i can't imagine being without you...but...it is my duty. gotta go". what a bitch haha

• 1Like

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Definitely noticed some some bugs in the beginning of Act 3, randomly come back to camp and find myself in a conversation about making a decision, and I definitely never had that conversation with the person they are referencing.

• 1Solidarity

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I actually rolled a nat 20 on that and actually beat the 99 DC lol. You basically just shoot out a bunch of extra beams and then still lose
I'd actually respect Larian a bit more if they just cut the game short instead of letting you lose. Even if they had a really short epilogue version of whatever you normally get.

Cybsled

Ya, it's pretty funny

"Hero, we need you to save the world! Please take our resources!"
"Wait, you looted a dirty rag? TIME TO DIE"

Also for Tuco, some evidence lol

1693184069023.png

• 1Like

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I'd actually respect Larian a bit more if they just cut the game short instead of letting you lose. Even if they had a really short epilogue version of whatever you normally get.
If you could actually beat the 99 sure… natural 20s are not auto successes on skill checks (or they aren’t in 5e and shouldn’t be).

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
If you could actually beat the 99 sure… natural 20s are not auto successes on skill checks (or they aren’t in 5e and shouldn’t be).
They included crit failure and crit success in ability checks which is annoying. But I suppose you would never actually see the d20 animation roll a crit if they didn't. So yeah...

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm

crit failure's and success on skill checks are official variant rules for 5e, just like flanking. we've flipped flopped in our weekly game on crits for skill checks, initially we used them but currently we do a homebrew rule where if you roll a nat20 on a skill check, you can roll a d10 and add that to the roll. on a nat 1, you roll a d10 and subtract it. it doesn't really add much for lower level play, but there comes to be a point where you can roll less than 5 on the dice and still end up with 15+ and pass the check. last campaign i think i had like a +19 on arcana, so even rolling a natural 1 would pass all but the most difficult of checks.

and then on the other side of things, you might roll a natural 20 on a skill you have a low modifier on but still miss the check. our DM says that he always has to respect a crit but doesn't like the idea of, say a no strength wizard being able to bash open a solid steel door. so he might set the DC of some major feat of strength at like, 31, so a wizard with 10 strength or less and no proficiency in athletics just absolutely cannot do it, under any circumstances. but like, a lvl 12 raging barbarian? yeah it's still a high DC but they're still probably rolling with possibly advantage (if they rage) and a +12 or so on their athletics. yeah they still need to roll really high, but if anyone can do it, the raging barb can.

i'm kind of undecided about it, i like it, but most of the time when you roll a nat20 you're going to pass the skill check anyway, so it sort of feels like number bloat? but then again the few times where rolling a nat20 on a skill check and then rolling like, a 6 on a d10 and beating the dc by 2 really feels great.

anyway. /autism

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Think on my next playthrough I will give this build a try. I was using water spell and Shadowheart's (I respeced her to Tempest domain) lightning damage based spells but this takes it further with Eldrith Blast.

Most of these "Super OP builds" are from faggots who seem to long rest after every single encounter so they can continuously drop their combo in every single fight. Which is much worse than even save scumming. Peak faggotry. This particular one requires you to just metamagic/sorcery points each time. But not spell slots so its a bit better.

Now playing my Dark Urge run after going through a good number of classes/combos. My favorites that let you not play like a faggot and can use up your rests/long rests as needed. In no particular order.

• Pact of the Blade Warlock -> You don't need to play like a Hexblade really. It's just a really flexible class that lets you do some range, drop some good spells that refresh on short rests, and do decent melee damage where needed. You can pick any race but since Gith has misty step and super jump in addition to Medium armor proficiency and martial weapons right out of the gate it puts you at a serious advantage in the early game. Also wrecks conversation checks with high Charisma/Deception/etc.(Gith being objectively so good is why previous editions would have given this race various penalties. Which isn't a thing in 5E)
  • Battlemaster Fighter -> Just a rock solid really well designed fighter class that can fit in any group setup. Their superiority dice rolls and battlemaster maneuvers are just so good. Take Trip attack for general CC and take Disarming Attack too for even more! Riposte, Battle Maneuver that can help allies move into position without tripping opportunity attacks. Distracting Attack i found is even more useful because when you use it it puts all your allies into an advantage roll on the enemy.
  • Multiclass 2 Paladin/10 Cleric (Tempest) -> Goes without saying that Tempest Cleric really seems to be the best one all around. Really good AOE damage and very tanky. Where the 2 Paladin comes in here is that you can, once per long rest, use Thunderous Smite to trigger all of the Tempest + Damage Wrath of the Storms stuff on top of eachother for one massive crit. Its really satisfying to use as you can get into position on boss fights then just drop the literal hammer on whoever.
  • Multiclass Monk + Thief -> Still trying out this one but I really like it. Its a lot more fun than Barbarian. Tavern Brawler and such is built right into it but as I said earlier the Thief double bonus actions a turn is just busted in terms of movement. With monk you can get like 8 attacks in a turn THEN use your stupid mobility to run off where they have to chase you. You can also throw stuff just as well as Throwzerker.
  • Wizard seems to be better than Sorcerer in most cases. Metamagic is strong but not as strong as the Wizard versatilities. Sorcerer is better for multiclass though in most cases. Also due to the Metamagic.

Berserker is okay but I never really found too much of a rhythm on it outside of using Frenzied Strike. I think Throwzerker has potential but you will need to play it very deliberately. Feels much more natural on Monk.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users