Band of Brothers

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 8 Votes
Title: Band of Brothers

Genre: Drama, War & Politics

First aired: 2001-09-09

Cast: Damian Lewis, Donnie Wahlberg, Eion Bailey, Ron Livingston, Matthew Settle, Michael Cudlitz, Neal McDonough, Scott Grimes, Shane Taylor, Ross McCall, Frank John Hughes, Nolan Hemmings, Michael Fassbender, Dexter Fletcher, James Madio, Richard Speight Jr., David Schwimmer, Rick Warden, Kirk Acevedo, Rick Gomez, Peter Youngblood Hills, Nicholas Aaron, Douglas Spain, Dale Dye, Matthew Leitch, Peter McCabe, Craig Heaney, Peter O'Meara, Colin Hanks, Marc Warren

Overview: Drawn from interviews with survivors of Easy Company, as well as their journals and letters, Band of Brothers chronicles the experiences of these men from paratrooper training in Georgia through the end of the war. As an elite rifle company parachuting into Normandy early on D-Day morning, participants in the Battle of the Bulge, and witness to the horrors of war, the men of Easy knew extraordinary bravery and extraordinary fear - and became the stuff of legend. Based on Stephen E. Ambrose's acclaimed book of the same name.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
The final surviving brother died last week at age 99.

One of the finest TV shows I have ever seen. Haven't seen it in years. Going to start re-watching tonight.

• 6Solidarity
  • 4Like
Reactions: 9 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Show is great but the book was disappointing. I know that now more than one has been written about Easy Company but the one that served as the foundation was not particularly interesting nor did it add much of anything to their story.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I just watched this for the first time last month. It was pretty good. Its a bit dated and some episodes are way better than the others. But its just nuts to see a little bit of what these guys went through.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
band of brothers comes as some kind of wwii tin, bought 3 of these as gifts over the years
Cj6Q7G_18yMzM-Yi_OwvnYFTTFAZQxtTUY63bBjfewC0CW6pIAWS1sILEZnD_FqRV9mRdsBxUcU9IYyokSD60-w-zynwsYDF17Dw2CQiNwA7YuoDRk1anhv_57XYSwOjwXHx5MKZoiEDV7c

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just watched this for the first time last month. It was pretty good. Its a bit dated and some episodes are way better than the others. But its just nuts to see a little bit of what these guys went through.

Dated how? Effects? I haven't watched it in a long time but it is set 44-45.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Some of the D-Day stuff with the planes is not amazing but I think it's stylized enough to not be a distraction.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
probably looks grainy when we have 4k, whats a good modern movie to compare it to 1917? or the one where they try to sink that ship?

also the true star of band of brothers
7454190f6cd057fb143dc3591277c22233f103b9.gif

you all know it's true

• 2Worf

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
probably looks grainy when we have 4k, whats a good modern movie to compare it to 1917? or the one where they try to sink that ship?

you all know it's true

Captain Sobel would go on to blind himself in a botched suicide attempt and spend the rest of his days in assisted living. I can see why they left this out at the end of the show when they were telling you where everyone ended up but I still wish he was given a moment.

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider

you all know it's true
Fuck I remember watching this on HBO when it came out in 2001 and thinking how old Ross looked. Motherfucker is a baby in that shot.

• 1Like

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I still try to watch this once every other year or so. Truly the greatest generation

• 2Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Love this show and rewatched it more times than I can count.

Here are three tactical overview videos of what we see in the show:

Episode 2, assaulting the artillery positions at Brècourt Manor:

Episode 3, the action the episode is named after, Carentan:

Episode 5, the crossroads, defending the left flank of the Brits in a bridge too far (Operation Market Garden):

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I wish The Pacific was better.

The books that were it's foundation (For the Old Breed and My Helmet for a Pillow were great though)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Noice, took me back. Band of Brothers is arguably some of the best TV ever made in my opinion. The Brecourt Manor assault on the artillery emplacements was so lovingly and accurately recreated, it was amazing.

I, too, have the tin and watch it every couple of years. The actor playing Winters was pretty top, although I haven't liked him much since. I think his next project after BoB was a crappy Steven King body horror/alien winter cabin movie. So bad. I suppose I could go check his IMDB to see the order but........

And I agree about The Pacific. It wasn't even in the same galaxy as BoB. Disappoint.

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Noice, took me back. Band of Brothers is arguably some of the best TV ever made in my opinion. The Brecourt Manor assault on the artillery emplacements was so lovingly and accurately recreated, it was amazing.

I, too, have the tin and watch it every couple of years. The actor playing Winters was pretty top, although I haven't liked him much since. I think his next project after BoB was a crappy Steven King body horror/alien winter cabin movie. So bad. I suppose I could go check his IMDB to see the order but........

And I agree about The Pacific. It wasn't even in the same galaxy as BoB. Disappoint.

Wolf Hall was an excellent period piece and would recommend if you like historical drama.

Season 1 and 2 of Homeland and Billions were good, but it is SOP at Showtime to run every show into the ground; so I would stop after season 2 on either show.

• 2Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Camera quality, special effects and such. Pace can be a bit slow in some episodes too. Still a good show but you can tell its almost 30 years old.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
No discussion of this series is complete without the clip of Lt Spiers. You could spend an hour deconstructing everything this clip had to teach about leadership.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
No discussion of this series is complete without the clip of Lt Spiers. You could spend an hour deconstructing everything this clip had to teach about leadership.

That scene was so fucking epic. Touches me all over.

• 3Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy
They are all very good, but the Bastogne episode is mental. I love this series, seen it quite a few times, and it's always a pleasure to watch.

Pacific was decent but not as good.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That scene was so fucking epic.
Honestly it puts me in mind of how they left a lot of shit out of Hacksaw Ridge because they didn't think people would believe Doss actually did all of it, but I don't think Lipton made the Foy story up. Speirs really did summarily execute one of his own sergeants too.

• 3Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database