Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Arakkis

N00b
Counter counter point, while Americans may idolize unattainable physical and moral perfection, Brits idolize an inbred family of trannies.

charles-kilt-1_788452c.jpg

Caliane

BS. This is Snyder, so I could see it, but...I doubt this will be Rated R.

Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luther? Seriously?
he meant the comics.

?Batman did pretty well, so I sat down with the head of DC Comics. I really wanted to do Kamandi [The Last Boy on Earth], this Jack Kirby character. I had this great pitch ? and he said, ?You think this is gonna be for kids? Stop, stop. We don?t publish comics for kids. We publish comics for 45-year-olds. If you want to do comics for kids, you can do Scooby-Doo. And I thought, ?I guess we just broke up.??

? Paul Pope, relating his attempt to pitch an all-ages (or perhaps young-adult) title to DC Comics.
More recent, on the Nu52
The target audience are men age 18 to 34 though they do realize that they have readers in other demographics.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Man of Steel 2' Casting News: Ray Fisher Joins Upcoming Batman vs. Superman Film as Cyborg

Get ready to meet another character joining the "Man of Steel 2" film as well as the actor portraying the part. The latest casting reports reveal that theater actor Ray Fisher landed the role of Cyborg or Victor Stone in the upcoming Batman vs. Superman movie as part of setting up the "Justice League of America" film.

According to the exclusive Variety report, Warner Bros. and DC Comics has been testing actors for the Cyborg role in the past few weeks until they found their choice in Ray Fisher but the studio has not given any comment yet to confirm or deny the reports. Unnamed sources in the report confirmed that Cyborg will have a minor part in "Man of Steel 2" but he will be a major character in the Justice League films that Warner Bros. and DC Comics develop.

According to the Comics Alliance report, Marv Wolfman and George Perez originally created Cyborg, the half-man and half-machine superhero as part of the "New Teen Titans" in the 1980s. British actor Henry Cavill, who portrays Superman, stated in the MTV report that the Cyborg character can "create an incredible bridge between superheroes and humanity."

The report also suggested that including Cyborg in the "Man of Steel 2" film is an indication that DC Comics took notice of the success of African-American superhero "The Falcon" in Marvel's "Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier."

Ray Fisher, whose work credits include portraying Muhammad Ali in the Broadway play "Fetch Clay, Make Man" and his recent testing for director J.J. Abrams' upcoming "Star Wars: Episode VII," will be joining an already star-studded cast that includes Henry Cavill (Superman), Ben Affleck (Batman), Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman), Jesse Eisenberg (Lex Luthor), Jeremy Irons (Alfred Pennyworth), Diane Lane (Martha Kent) and Amy Adams (Lois Lane).

Zack Snyder returns to the director's chair for the "Man of Steel 2" filming production that is currently on the move in Michigan. The "Man of Steel" movie sequel, scripted by David S. Goyer and produced by Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder, is scheduled to hit movie theaters on May 6, 2016.
I also did not know Jeremy Irons was going to be Alfred.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Haha noticed the success of a black super hero...called that shit. So other than Flash, Aquaman, and Green Lantern they core group is over half way in this movie. Throw in Green Arrow and why not just fucking DO the Justice League at this point?

drazon

Lord Nagafen Raider
I agree, they will be trying to introduce to many characters at once. Plus, after the destruction in the first movie, how could they really stand up to superman if he was trying.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I agree, they will be trying to introduce to many characters at once. Plus, after the destruction in the first movie, how could they really stand up to superman if he was trying.
Yeah, Marvel's approach was smarter in that they introduced characters that were relatively unknown to the masses in their own movies as a way of letting us get to know who they were before teaming them up in a movie where character development is pretty small by necessity. DC may benefit by having a few more recognizable faces, but it sounds like they're going to be introducing most of the Justice League in Batman vs. Superman - including the new Batman. I just can't see that allowing the new additions to have much depth.

Marvel's approach was much more relaxed, letting the storyline and universe develop organically. DC just seems desperate to make a Justice League movie and is willing to skip all the legwork so they can get to it as fast as possible.

drazon

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, Marvel's approach was smarter in that they introduced characters that were relatively unknown to the masses in their own movies as a way of letting us get to know who they were before teaming them up in a movie where character development is pretty small by necessity. DC may benefit by having a few more recognizable faces, but it sounds like they're going to be introducing most of the Justice League in Batman vs. Superman - including the new Batman. I just can't see that allowing the new additions to have much depth.

Marvel's approach was much more relaxed, letting the storyline and universe develop organically. DC just seems desperate to make a Justice League movie and is willing to skip all the legwork so they can get to it as fast as possible.
Hopefully they will surprise us, but Ben Affleck as Batman just scares me. I saw parts of daredevil the other day on TV, and wow there is such a difference in acting in that vs something in a current marvel movie.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
She looked pretty good in the Spartacus series.
Lucy Lawless won't be WW of course, but her tits definitely aren't the reason. They have held upshockinglywell, plus it's not like they'd actually be out. That outfit and the make-up folks would make them look amazing. Men have been getting tricked by tits since the dawn of time. Hell, Mary Steenburgen is 61.

4197870-mary-steenburgen.jpg

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Yikes. Who still reads super hero comix at that age?
Pretty sure that's the target age for those who buy comics. Young kids really don't buy comics, too busy with phone games and computers, besides buying comics takes disposable income and that's not something young people have much these days.