Battlefield 1

Cybsled

Good, fuck AA gunners. No skill bullshit immortal gun emplacements can get rekt. At least now you can strafe/bomb them instead of getting melted if you even look in their direction.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Good, fuck AA gunners. No skill bullshit immortal gun emplacements can get rekt. At least now you can strafe/bomb them instead of getting melted if you even look in their direction.

My biggest issue was in fighters and to a lesser extent attack planes the hits would immediately fuck up your controls even when they don't damage anything beyond overall health.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I'm not a pilot so fuck this change haha. Got killed by planes more last night then I have in the previous week and a half.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Was talking to bean about it, from a ground pounder perspective here is what you can do on conquest to make pilots lives much harder:

-Avoid sitting near or on the capture point, you want to be as far away from it as possible while capping, for that matter avoid obvious buildings, best cover against planes is a crater you are very hard to see in a crater. As a bomber if I see a capture point being taken I typically know where to bomb based on how fast it is capping, stay away from groups!

-Personally as a bomber pilot if an objective was just capped I know the next closest will be next so I make a strafing run between those spots, so a B line to the next objective is not always a good idea.

-DO NOT take a plane just to bail out of it, planes are now the most effective counter to planes and pilots will need them.

-K bullets! Never has a K bullet caused any issue to my bomber before the patch, I had two engine destructions in one match vs K bullets so they are far more effective now.

-AA placements will still hurt us just do not hold the button down and overheat, plan your shots. Also it is hard to see where the AA shots are coming from and where they are exactly unless you hold the fire button down. So if a bomber is close stop firing and get off it or I will trace those rounds to its origin and nail you every time. Also aim for the wings, if you mess up a wing good chance I can't recenter in time to blow you up. That said most of this doesn't matter with a good nose gunner as they will spot you and likely kill you now before I get there.

-If you see a plane leveled off and moving away shoot it with whatever you have, good chance they are trying to repair and they can't while being shot at, the delay this causes pilots is very annoying and can really limit the amount of bombing runs done overall.

-Biggest thing is just look up and be mindful of planes, spot them often and sprint away from its flight path if you are in it.

I share knowing I made my life a little harder but for every one of you that heads this advice there will be 100's I can land bombs on.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Was talking to bean about it, from a ground pounder perspective here is what you can do on conquest to make pilots lives much harder:

-Avoid sitting near or on the capture point, you want to be as far away from it as possible while capping, for that matter avoid obvious buildings, best cover against planes is a crater you are very hard to see in a crater. As a bomber if I see a capture point being taken I typically know where to bomb based on how fast it is capping, stay away from groups!

-Personally as a bomber pilot if an objective was just capped I know the next closest will be next so I make a strafing run between those spots, so a B line to the next objective is not always a good idea.

-DO NOT take a plane just to bail out of it, planes are now the most effective counter to planes and pilots will need them.

-K bullets! Never has a K bullet caused any issue to my bomber before the patch, I had two engine destructions in one match vs K bullets so they are far more effective now.

-AA placements will still hurt us just do not hold the button down and overheat, plan your shots. Also it is hard to see where the AA shots are coming from and where they are exactly unless you hold the fire button down. So if a bomber is close stop firing and get off it or I will trace those rounds to its origin and nail you every time. Also aim for the wings, if you mess up a wing good chance I can't recenter in time to blow you up. That said most of this doesn't matter with a good nose gunner as they will spot you and likely kill you now before I get there.

-If you see a plane leveled off and moving away shoot it with whatever you have, good chance they are trying to repair and they can't while being shot at, the delay this causes pilots is very annoying and can really limit the amount of bombing runs done overall.

-Biggest thing is just look up and be mindful of planes, spot them often and sprint away from its flight path if you are in it.

I share knowing I made my life a little harder but for every one of you that heads this advice there will be 100's I can land bombs on.

Good list, the last thing I would add is cover your good Art-Trucks because they can kill the planes for you.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Just upgraded to the premium edition, this game is holding its own. Right up there with BC2 and Battlefield 2.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Just upgraded to the premium edition, this game is holding its own. Right up there with BC2 and Battlefield 2.

I agree - pretty outstanding so far. I bought this on the PS4 instead of PC as I wanted something to be a nice "sit back and relax while killing people" type of game.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Anyone played hardcore or fog of war yet? Both sound awesome, I'm hoping to play tonight and tomorrow. Hatorade, you going to be on?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I just downloaded them shits, they better help.

Fog of War is fucking intense.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I dont really like playing conquest. I like the condensed maps and infantry only domination set up. Gives you a much better shot at improving your gun game, as well class.

I will probably play conquest soon but I might like hardcore, either way the game is refreshing. Its leaps and bounds better than battlefront and way better than b4.

Physics in this game are clean as fuck. I clapped this one guy with rigotti as he came running around a corner, first shot hits him in neck, second is headshot, his helmet flies off as his body crumples into a heap. His momentum made his dead weight slide as he died, it was very convincing and satisfying.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Hardcore is a piece of shit in this game, I played HC exclusively in all previous battlefield games and this one just feels like shit due to zero feedback on kill.

• 1Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Jesus Bombers are just tanks, thought three tank hunter rounds from the attack plane would kill one.....I was wrong, while their machine gun raped the fuck out me.

Cybsled

Ya, bombers are really hard to take down and their gunner spots shred attack and fighter planes. If you want to be a cheap fuck, though, fly beneath the bomber, then fly upward into their tail. Bomber takes a nose dive into the ground lol.

• 1Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Ya, bombers are really hard to take down and their gunner spots shred attack and fighter planes. If you want to be a cheap fuck, though, fly beneath the bomber, then fly upward into their tail. Bomber takes a nose dive into the ground lol.

lol have to try that sometime.

Edit: Every-time I see an AA-truck I face palm, complete waste of a tank on a team. Don't need anything but the standard Art-Truck.....shit it got even easier to shot planes out of the sky with it now.

Last edited:

Cybsled

On maps with lots of buildings, the flame heavy tank is king. You can spam the flamethrower non-stop pretty on the sides and you can drop poison gas canisters from the back.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider

Edit: As I predicted, Suez is still the same as is was when it was three flags. They need to alter the map, its favored to the east side of the map.

Last edited: