Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3)

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I think the new TTK breaks down like this: DMRs, PDWs and snipers stay the same, assault, carbines, and lmgs take an extra bullet to kill at point blank, and assault rifles and carbines both take an extra bullet at max range. This makes LMGs superior to lighter rifles at max dropoff, certain PDWs and of course shotguns king at point blank even over the goddamn bulldoge, and DMRs now have a reason to exist. PDWs still make more sense in Call of Duty than Battlefield, but you can make them advantageous if you work at it.

tl;dr: By nerfing assault rifles the weapon balance now makes much more sense. Also, movement feels MUCH better and grenade spam is way down. Just tons of other little QOL fixes too.

Also, for some reason I'm having nothing but monster games. I can take better advantage of whatever weapon I feel like using. Depending on the map, or certain locations within the map, you can create mismatches. That's how this shit should work. I rarely feel like I just drop over dead without even knowing I've been shot, and instead I actually have a chance to return fire or even win engagements where I was shot at first by someone I didn't see. (aka, they really, really suck and missed with most of their burst. So a slight improvement to the "skill gap" overall.)

tl;dr 2: I'm pretty sure even with nerfs you can still just use the SCAR-H just about anywhere and not give a shit about any of the above. But there's more "flavor" to the weapons now.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Also, just wanted to bump this to add: I have way too much shit I want to play / shows to watch to get back into the habit of playing this damn game for 5 hour stretches every few days again. Dammit. But I'm having great games...

I believe I just passed the 200 hour mark. This is a reminder to look up what my total was for BF3 when I get home.

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
I am so burnt out of BF4, I am going to try my hardest to download and play the last DLC.

spronk

FPS noob
booted up game for first time in months on pc, was pretty fun. definitely all the shit they have done over the past year to fix the netcode and stuff have made this probably the premiere FPS shooter.

one of the maps I played let you enter some sort of machine that shoots escape pods across the map, that was pretty awesome

even for all the bitching i might do, the game was well worth the price i paid. The season pass probably was totally not worth it though, i think for BF5 I'd just buy the base game. not sure about hardline, last beta was pretty awful but its been like six months now, they musta made the game better... right...

battlefield star wars is still gonna be day 1 for me though with season pass

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I won't buy Hardline, but I'll keep buying Dice games. These guys worked there asses off in spite of all the road blocks they had to jump from EA. (Early release, etc).

I'm still playing Destiny primarily, but I'll pop into here for maybe 3 hours a week or so.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
That's fucking insane, I call bullshit on them finding those switches on their own without help from DICE.