Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3)

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
It looks pretty.

I don't think I can buy an military FPS just for the campaign though. Hopefully they've made enough changes to make the multiplayer a new and engaging experience over BC2/BF3.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Glad to see they are trying their best to turn it into another CoD franchise. I have zero expectations for the game after seeing that trailer seeing as how it looks like nothing more than a damn expansion at best and not anything close to a sequel.
I don't think I can buy an military FPS just for the campaign though. Hopefully they've made enough changes to make the multiplayer a new and engaging experience over BC2/BF3.
Unless DICE has something awesome up their sleeve for the multiplayer, they, EA and this "sequel" can all go fuck themselves down the toilet.

Faris

Golden Squire
Why didn't they get into the helicopter when it first arrived. Why do they have to fight for another 10 minutes with the help of said helicopter to reach a rooftop to enter the helicopter?

Hedeon

Molten Core Raider
Ok, so the game looks awesome but really, who plays a FPS for the story, let alone a BF game? I want to see the multi-player and what it offers me over BF3. I've liked most of BF3 and it's expansions, I would have liked to have seen more weapons added with each expansion but over all I'm happy with the game, but honestly what does BF4 have over BF3 besides better graphics when it comes to the on-rails single player campaign.

What I don't want is attack dogs and air strikes as unlocks for the multi-player. I like the tatical squad feel of the BF series, which is why I prefer it over CoD, don't add Rambo unlocks please.

Also, on a side note, totally over the modern setting, why couldn't this have been a 2142 sequel?

Sulrn

Deuces
Why didn't they get into the helicopter when it first arrived. Why do they have to fight for another 10 minutes with the help of said helicopter to reach a rooftop to enter the helicopter?
You never evac from a HOT LZ without superior suppressing fire (ie orbiting gun platform/2nd bird) during extraction -- the bird was alone (against "normal" standards), so it's clear the avenue of egress for retrieval at the primary LZ or find another LZ/way out.

The real question you should be asking, is why they were even cleared for air evac with known enemy/HN Air Assets in the first place. Without air domination or at least a fast mover coming in from an Air Base in one of the several NATO allies in the AO...

It's Hollywood scripting though -- was it ever supposed to make tactical sense?
----

But yeah, I didn't see anything that screamed sequel to me. I saw campaign expansion.

Wasn't the whole point of BF4 supposed to be expanding on frostbite? I didn't notice anything new at all.

Remmy

Golden Knight of the Realm
To be fair they used their scripted mini missions to showcase BF3 as well.

At first glance it's hard to notice much difference between the new engine and BF3. Will be interesting to see side by sides as we get more gameplay.

And it sucked then, too.

EA are turning BF into their yearly CoD clone seeing as how Medal of Honor completely failed to be a viable competitor for them.

But seriously "It signals a new era of Battlefield and, frankly, a new era of interactive entertainment." -Patrick S?derlund.

Really? With what you just showed us, I meanreally? Or with EA's history of feeding consumers just complete and utter bullshit and lies, most recent example being SimCity?

Remmy

What are you specifically saying sucked? I would agree that their campaign missions were ass for bf3. But the multiplayer is pretty stellar compared to any other fps out there.

EA's track record seems to be pretty solid for the battlefield series of games. While their DLC and expansions are generally overpriced imo, they quickly become reasonable.

My friend was recently able to get BF3 and all DLC for 25 dollars.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
What are you specifically saying sucked? I would agree that their campaign missions were ass for bf3. But the multiplayer is pretty stellar compared to any other fps out there.

EA's track record seems to be pretty solid for the battlefield series of games. While their DLC and expansions are generally overpriced imo, they quickly become reasonable.

My friend was recently able to get BF3 and all DLC for 25 dollars.
And Dead Space 1 and 2 were good until Dead Space 3.

EA has half an IP left to shit on. And unfortunately, this is it.

For the record only games I had fun with in the Battlefield Series were 1942 and Bad Company 2. Battlefield 3 was mediocre at best.

Someone bring back the fun single player campaign banter of BC2. (And honestly, after playing Bioshock Infinite, they had better start producing better than just mediocre copy paste uninspired garbage - in fact, it set the bar so high with creativity, atmosphere, and graphical impressiveness, I may not ever buy another game unless it has Ken Levine stamped on the box)

Can you imagine a new FPS put in the hands of irrational games? Capturing the atmosphere of war and throwing in a shit ton of creativity to boot?

I would pre-order that.

Remmy

While i loved the hell out of bad company 2, it was a format that conformed to consoles. The core battlefield games have NEVER been about single player, or campaign modes.

Many people have said it before me, but you don't play a battlefield game for the single player. I wouldn't be against them adding well made single player campaigns but I'm not expecting anything anytime soon.

I absolutely believe they will try to keep the core multiplayer element strong since that's what people will be buying all their $DLC packs for. If they don't people that don't give a shit about playing a slower paced squad based shooter will just jump ship to whatever call of duty happens to be out at the time.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
e4Skt7H.jpg

e4Skt7H.jpg

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
To this day i've never played through the SP campaign on BF or CoD yet i own the majority of them. I buy these games to play with friends, could really give a fuck about SP on any game that isnt sports, rpg, sim related.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I think I'll be in the boat with a lot of others and ignore this one, unless it has some huge surprise MP aspect that blows us all away (it won't). Pre-order is even already up on Battlelog; bleh.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I think it's hilarious that BF4 isn't releasing on the Wii U. They're already skipping the first "next-gen" system for the ones that aren't even released yet, hahaha.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Bad company 2 was the pinnacle of BF franchise IMO. Bf3, I think they missed the mark. I still played if for 200+ hours though. someone mentioned that this was a new engine? I dont think so. I think this is still frostbite 2 isnt it?

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bad company 2 was the pinnacle of BF franchise IMO. Bf3, I think they missed the mark. I still played if for 200+ hours though. someone mentioned that this was a new engine? I dont think so. I think this is still frostbite 2 isnt it?
IGN is stating its their Frostbite 3 engine, however they are also saying that there is no mention of the next gen consoles, only PC, Xbox360 and Ps3.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
And everything is shiny as always. When is someone going to design an engine where it doesnt look like everything has a sheen of oil/water on it?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
And the terrible lens flare and not to mention the entire oversaturation that the world has.