Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3)

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah only took me 2 rounds on the pistol only server to unlock the deagle. I believe its going to get nerfed though... its really pretty disgusting
It is, according to the hard stats from the most recent CTE changelog. Additional minimum spread and horizontal recoil.

Also, I can't wait for the suppression fix, so that it's only the blur effect, with no random deviation bullshit. Christ that has been a long time coming.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Soooo a little annoyed. After a year of playing a getting to rank 62 ive only acquired a total of 2 camo patterns, jungle marpart and pla splinter. Picked up premium today since it was $35 and ended up getting 6 other camo patterns from the battlepacks you get with premium.

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Soooo a little annoyed. After a year of playing a getting to rank 62 ive only acquired a total of 2 camo patterns, jungle marpart and pla splinter. Picked up premium today since it was $35 and ended up getting 6 other camo patterns from the battlepacks you get with premium.
Camo packs are annoying anyways..they serve no purpose other then for yourself. Others barely can see them on your weapon unless you are using an obnoxious one for your vehicle and then you stick out like a sore thumb.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Also, I can't wait for the suppression fix, so that it's only the blur effect, with no random deviation bullshit. Christ that has been a long time coming.
They may as well just remove suppression with the changes they are doing to it.

Morsakin

They may as well just remove suppression with the changes they are doing to it.
Quite true, though this is DICE we're talking about. It's one of their hallmark mechanics from a previous title, i.e. BF3, which unfortunately means they're going to do everything short of removing it entirely, which seems to be the path they're taking.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It's weird. BF4 is a way better game, but I have more fun playing Titanfall.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
God I wish they would make it saves your loadout based on the map your on.

Also wish they would have some type of lockout mechanic when it comes to vehicles. Nothing more annoying than seeing some tard be in a tank or helo for 10 rounds straight.

spronk

FPS noob
It's weird. BF4 is a way better game, but I have more fun playing Titanfall.
same, I only play either once or twice every other week for an hour, but my BF4 experience tends to be: load in, die. load in, die. load in, die. oh, my team lost 0 to 899, yay. Titanfall is definitely less "complex" but it feels way more balanced and super fast paced, the new maps are pretty cool too especially the tropical resort one and if you try to be a camping sniper faggot in that game you will always get rekt. Titanfall is just way, way more casual friendly especially in pub matchmaking and game simplicity.

The new BF4 maps also just felt like minor reskins of the launch shit I played, although I did like the Dragons Teeth maps especially North Korea.

Morsakin

I'm actually looking forward to the plethora of potential fixes coming in the next CTE patch to hit live; suppression nerf, damage model rebalancing to compensate for the reduction in (misaligned) visual recoil, additional 3rd person chase cameras in jets, the list goes on and on.

I can't help but wonder though: did they really need all of this community testing to figure out what is largely (in my mind) a series of relatively straight forward changes that are based in common sense?

Making recoil aligned with where the gun is actually firing? No, this current state is fine; full speed ahead!

Then again, these are the same developers who post on twitter asking for any random BF player in Stockholm to assist them with infantry play tweaks.

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
I used to love the BF series, but 4 has left a very band taste in my mouth. Titanfall, although kind of silly, is a lot of fun to play.
Id agree. I play alot of BF3 and BF4 however it seems after BF BC 2 the whole series just became bland and no fun anymore. Bad Company was addicting and fun.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I spent so much time in that game wearing the Ghillie suit, crawling around killing people with a shotgun + knife.

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
I spent so much time in that game wearing the Ghillie suit, crawling around killing people with a shotgun + knife.
not to derail this into a BC2 thread, but the maps worked so well and all we ever played was rush. The MCOM stations were fun to get to and the win to lose ratio was somewhat even. BF3/BF4 all I play is conquest.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I just remembered why BC2 was better than BF3 or BF4. It eliminated prone for gameflow reasons. I realize prone is realistic, but it's not very fun.

Morsakin

I don't have a problem with prone one way or the other; what you touched on though in regards to BC2 has been sorely missed ever since.

I'm referring of course to maps which were specifically designed for a particular game mode (e.g. Valparaiso for Rush), rather than forcing every map they create to cater to ever game mode currently available, which is just lazy. I'd rather have half the maps if that meant they were designed with a particular game mode in mind and well thought out, rather than one-size-fits-all. The trend towards maps with a pronounced focus on choke points, (or the complete opposite: wide open spaces), and the inclusion of certain items (e.g. XM25, etc.) that allow for an area of relatively assured denial to the enemy (nevermind the fact that any inbred drooling retard can obtain said effect, simply by mashing LMB while sitting on an array of ammo packs, with the resulting effect being incredibly pronounced) sucks so much out of the game it's not even funny.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I still play a couple hours a day. The big patch is supposed to go live sometime this week I believe.