Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3)

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
A standard shell should one shot it unless it does some crap like 98dmg and engineer saves it in those last 2 dmg before a random MG hits it.

I suspect if it was a staff shell and not the normal main cannon, that it probably does less damage at least vs helo.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Sabot rounds don't one shot unless it hits the windshield, as there's a damage modifier there which applies to everything including the .50 pick ups.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Is there some kind of stat that shows how many people play each game mode per platform? It's part of my attempt to shame my friend into playing something other than fucking squad deathmatch with his three friends that squat in a building together and brag about their k/d. Four.. no five? Years now since he started playing bad company through bf4 while never playing any other mode.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Is there some kind of stat that shows how many people play each game mode per platform? It's part of my attempt to shame my friend into playing something other than fucking squad deathmatch with his three friends that squat in a building together and brag about their k/d. Four.. no five? Years now since he started playing bad company through bf4 while never playing any other mode.
Jesus how incredibly boring.

Morsakin

Today I learned people actually play squad deathmatch. Wow..

Devlin

Golden Squire
Not just this though. For only infantry you can find games with better mechanics(netcode).

Rubber banding was especially bad tonight.
I think it seemed to become an issue at Hainan Resort, first time we crashed and the second it just caused more instability on the next maps.

It's always a lagfest on that map, if any levolution goes off frames dip into single digits for a few seconds.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Today I learned people actually play squad deathmatch. Wow..
He plays on brobox, which makes it even sadder because they finally get the Real Battlefield Experience* and he's played exactly two rounds of conquest in 200 hours. They've harassed me so much about not playing their way that I've sent them screenshots of the empty server list for squad dm on PC.

He does sort of have some points though. In SDM, you don't have to carry an entire team. So if you have two or three buddies with you, you can (and fucking should) dominate. Plus, he's a rager. I mean red faced, spittle flying RAGER. He'd never be able to handle the million cheap ways you can die in conquest. He avoids it because he gets his ass kicked and gets pissed. Plus, he's also right (not that he would know) about how difficult it is to get a decent game of CQ. As it is, I scan the ticket count before I join and most of the time, by the time game loads it's already tipped into LETS ALL GO RECON territory.

Heh, he sent me a profile of this xbox player with 650 hours and a 13 k/d. I quickly saw his method - 22,000 tank kills, Rush mode only, and a grand total of 4 MCOM ribbons. He's that fucking guy that takes the tank, sits on a hill, and farms kills five fucking miles from the objective. It's a pretty effective way to farm up that k/d while fucking over your team.

*other than nobody shooting at anyone past 50 yards because it's a blurry pixelated fucking mess and joysticks are too imprecise. He brags about his accuracy when, really, it comes from only shooting at people who are practically point blank.

Morsakin

Despite the fact I was hoping to get some early-morning NS action in, I'm glad they're taking the time to polish this expansion (at least a little) if this bug was as game-breaking as they made it seem. If DICE says it's game-breaking, there is one level of credibility in that they're the worldwide champions when it comes to being the authority of broken shit.

In other news, this PS4 update is...surprisingly nice, though there are some much-needed, level-headed (Dear God) changes mixed in with some that I think are retarded, namely the buffs to the AC 130. Given the duck-in-a-row mindset of your typical player, I foresee many huge engagements at AC130 flags on various maps (e.g. F on Golmud Large, C on Rogue, who gives a shit about Dawnbreaker) while everything else is left relatively undefended.

Increased reload on grenades / 320 rounds is a huge plus, as is the packet loss fix and further fixes regarding double shooting of weapons and such that end up with more one-shot scenarios. I seem to recall that this is still currently an issue with weapons like the magnum and revolvers in general from time to time. Glad I carry flashbangs on assault now.

Curious as to what they're going to end up with, stat-wise for the G36. If they're going to indeed make it possess an even lower horizontal recoil range than any other carbine, that would mean it would have to possess less than the .25 range of the AKU-12 (.05 L / .20 R), which would make it beastly accurate indeed with the right setup.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Stuck staring at a burning carrier at the loading screen on the PS3. This whole experience has been turdarriific.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Looks like Naval Strike is now live in PC....

GENERAL FIXES
-General stability improvements
-Fix for a crash that could occur when players were customizing vehicles.
-Fix for an issue in the Rush game mode where end-of-round screen would always indicate that there were 60 minutes left of the game.
-Fix for an issue where the splash damage for IFV shells, Helicopter rockets, and Mortar rounds was unable to destroy deployed equipment.
-Fix for an issue that could cause the quad bike to explode when it hit indestructible objects.
-Fix for an issue that would cause sniper rifles to display too much bloom when aiming in snowy conditions, especially the outside areas of Operation Locker.
-Fix for an issue where the ECM would sometimes fail to jam incoming missiles.
-Shortened the take-off distances for jets to match the length of the runways in Second Assault maps.
-Fix for going above ceiling exploits in Operation Metro.
-Fix for a new MAV riding exploit.
-Fix for kill camera jittering/strobing sometimes if colliding with other world objects or terrain.
-Fix for soldiers getting catapulted when walking on steep surfaces

"NETCODE"
-Fix for an issue where the kill camera would display the incorrect killer.
-Fix for an issue where the kill card won't show up when playing on servers which have the kill camera turned off.
-Fixed an issue where other soldiers would appear to fire in the wrong direction when turning quickly.
-Fix for weapons firing twice, or not at all in some instances.
-Fix for an issue where explosions didn't do any damage to infantry and vehicles that were outside of the combat area.
-Fix for an issue where late-joining players wouldn't correctly experience Levolution events on Paracel Storm and Flood Zone.
-Fix for an issue that could cause packet loss.

WEAPONS / GADGET TWEAKS
-Increased the damage of the normal buckshot against targets with Body Armor.
-Reduced the vertical recoil of the M4 and M16A4 to give these burst fire weapons a tighter burst accuracy in their mid- to long range role.
-Reduced the side-to-side and first shot recoil of the G36C. This weapon now has the lowest side-to-side recoil of the carbines, giving it a clear controllable low rate of fire role, especially when compared to the AK5C, Type-95B-1 and the AKU-12.
-Tweaked the detonation time of the 40mm LVG so it bounces less before going off. The maximum damage has however been reduced to 80 like the RGO.
-Reduced the number of how many 40mm HE and LVG rounds players can carry, from 4 to 3.
-Increased the time it takes to get new 40mm round from ammo boxes. The time is longer for HE and LVG grenades and shorter for utility grenades like SMK and FLASH.

GRENADE TWEAKS
-Increased the time it takes to get new RGO IMPACT, V40 MINI, M84 FLASHBANG and M18 SMOKE grenades from ammo boxes. Since the player now carries more of these grenades, the resupply delay needed to be longer to prevent grenade spamming.

VEHICLE TWEAKS
-Significantly improved the suppression from mounted vehicle weapons, including miniguns, HMGs, LMGs, and all shells types for all armored vehicles.

AIRCRAFT TWEAKS
-Further reduced the repair rate for the Scout Helicopters and the Transport Helicopters.
-Significantly increased the damage of Transport Helicopter miniguns.
-Changed the flight ceilings on Gulf of Oman, Caspian Border and Operation Firestorm to better match the height of the structures in those levels.
-Adjusted the damage of the 25mm and 30mm cannons for both Stealth Jets and Mobile AA to be equal in Damage Per Second to the 20mm default weapons. These weapons were clearly poorer choices in all circumstances, and their different rates of fire are intended to be the player's choice factor for these weapon systems.
-Increased the splash damage and the range at which the JDAM bombs can achieve max splash damage. The JDAM's power was not properly balanced with its difficulty to use. The JDAM remains a primarily anti-vehicle weapon, though this change will increase the effectiveness against all targets.
-Increased the accuracy and direct hit damage of the AC130 40mm cannons. 40mm cannons can now be used to fire pinpoint shots in 2-3 round bursts, enabling them to provide accurate fire on infantry and vehicle targets. Their velocity has also been marginally increased to aid their accuracy.
-Increased the splash damage and range of the AC130 25mm cannons. These cannons now do approximately 50% more damage, in a slightly increased area of impact. The increased damage as well as increased suppression effects will allow the 25mm cannon to fill its role as an area of effect weapon against infantry.

MANTLE
-Mantle now requires Catalyst 14.2 or later drivers.
-Fixed multiple crashes.
-Fixed memory leak when switching between windowed and full screen.
-Optimized memory management which can reduce amount of performance stalls when video memory is overcommitted.
-Improved performance when vsync is used.
-Fixed bug with offset mouse cursor when using full screen and horizontal windows taskbar.
-Multi-GPU: Added initial support for frame pacing for smoother frame rate in full screen mode, enabled by default. Can be disabled in console / User.cfg with "RenderDevice.FramePacingMethod 0".
-Multi-GPU: Fixed black screen when starting on machine with multiple GPUs where the weakest GPU has the display attached to it.
-Multi-GPU: Fixed intermittent crash when switching between windowed and full screen mode when having multiple GPUs

DIRECTX
-Fixed bug with borderless window not covering entire screen when starting up

spronk

FPS noob
yay, they fixed the bug where my bf4 window was always tiny at startup and i had to switch between fullscreen/bordered to get it to go back to borderless fullscreen. new maps are interesting, pretty huge and the games feel like one side will just obliterate the other always, since there is so much going on. firing old 1800 style cannons from the top of the fort is pretty damn awesome

vehicles seem a huge part of every map too, the side without good pilots is fucked

only complain would really be that the 4 new maps all feel similar, I thought operation mortar was the exact same map as lost islands

Morsakin

The AC 130 and Trans Gat changes are going to be fun.
My thoughts exactly, aside from the AC130, which I don't particularly care for. According to the symthic-style patch notes (http://forum.symthic.com/battlefield...patch-changes/) they've made it equal to the scout heli minigun. If so, I'm looking forward to a return to BC2 huey rape.

I'm particularly glad they increased the grenade reload as they did (from 2.5 to 8s for all 40MM grenades, 3 second increase for minis, and 4.5 for RGOs).

G36 is now .2 horizontal recoil, which makes it the lowest in the game. Given its' low RoF and low recoil, this makes it a candidate for a heavy barrel / ergo grip low spread distance killer, with some added strafing ADS spread if you get involved in CQC.

And this will make a few of you happy: scout repair rate seems to have been nerfed approximately 32%.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
No AWS nerf yet? lul.

Naval Strike is really fun so far. Despite the name, it's actually lots of infantry action - very Bad Companyish.

Only puzzling thing was the map where there are zero boats spawning on the islands. So I just drove around on the quad practicing my mario kart while people fought over the carriers.