Battletech

Fadaar

That guy
Gross. I have yet to see another King Crab after the mission where I got my current one. Seen plenty of highlanders, think I have 2 complete ones in reserve along with the 3 in my active lance.

Just had another where I full salvaged a King Crab, Atlas, and Victor. Chose 3 Atlas and 1 King Crab, didn't get any more mech salvage :(. Mission was hard as balls, think 9 mechs total? King Crab, Atlas, Victor (x2 I think) and 5 heavy mechs. Ran out of missiles within the first 3 kills (I played like a total bitch to make sure I could full salvage the Atlas) and had to play really slow and completely over-focus one mech at a time. I don't even need mechs anymore, just collecting weapons and mods at this point.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
WTF all day I'm getting crazy high NOT called shot headshots, both against me and for me. Like 5-6 in the last game alone being big head hits not just machine gun spray. Funny when the devs are like oh headshots are those rare things youll be going ohhhhhh when it happens so rare... bs. My guys all have super high guts too but they are dying to the crits even if some structure left.
Also, for some reason on bulldogs and other big tanks, I was calling shots to side armor, 85% natural hit rate, 96% on the called shot to that body section...... multiple times now it's at 3% to hit front, doing more damage to front than side.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
God damn monty python Black knight, this thing wouldnt die, 20 structure center, 8 on the leg and the head basically...... this is after it also dodged a 95% chance melee strike.
Untitled.png

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
That would just be the wtf to top it off.....

Also discovered something else I think. Certain pilot hits will cancel out dmg received from others. IE you can blow a side torso and they fall over and take 2 wounds..... I thought I'd been seeing ammo explosion (1 wound), which in turn blows the side torso up, but not taking the side torso wound.

I just had one where I tagged the head with a LRM strike for 1 wound, and likewise the Side torso getting destoyed didnt do a wound.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That would just be the wtf to top it off.....

Also discovered something else I think. Certain pilot hits will cancel out dmg received from others. IE you can blow a side torso and they fall over and take 2 wounds..... I thought I'd been seeing ammo explosion (1 wound), which in turn blows the side torso up, but not taking the side torso wound.

I just had one where I tagged the head with a LRM strike for 1 wound, and likewise the Side torso getting destoyed didnt do a wound.

Yes, side torso wounds always get cancelled out by ammo explosion wounds for whatever reason, although you can cause multiple ammo explosion wounds in a single attack.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I'm still in mediums and lights and took on a difficulty 3 mission. With hindsight, that was a bad idea. After realizing I was in way over my head pretty quickly I decided to tap out early, and as it turns out all you lose is some reputation and you are out the mission instantly? I even got to salvage mech parts, I did not have to try and make it to an evac zone alive, downed mechs were not left behind to be torn up by an endless stream of Chryssalids. I have to say that's a bit disappointing coming from Xcom.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

khorum

Murder Apologist
Yeah HBS was talking about ramoing up the difficulty and adding an ironman mode during their recent post-release interview. Theyre on bug-squashing mode right now tho. I bet they used a Unity Store LAV product for all the dropship scenes and theyre debugging through some hindi or czech translator haha.

Also I maxed my rep with Davion and Liao but I still cant travel into their space to go shopping. Is that ability gated behind story scenarios or future dlc?

Chysamere

FF14 Free Company Master
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah HBS was talking about ramoing up the difficulty and adding an ironman mode during their recent post-release interview. Theyre on bug-squashing mode right now tho. I bet they used a Unity Store LAV product for all the dropship scenes and theyre debugging through some hindi or czech translator haha.

Also I maxed my rep with Davion and Liao but I still cant travel into their space to go shopping. Is that ability gated behind story scenarios or future dlc?

Can't go to the Successor States until you finish the last mission.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Difficulty is what you make it right now. Fielding a lance of fully custom kits vs stock kits is always going to be hilariously lopsided, which is why you're almost always playing vs a full lance + vehicles or a backup lance. Game is a lot harder, and in some ways more interesting, fielding stock vs stock in skirmishes, but that just doesn't work for the campaign because of the sheer volume of shit they throw at you.

Stock mech loadouts are shit, and always have been. They've also picked a rather awkward "time" in the available tech of the universe, where LRMs are the king of everything but but AMS doesn't exist yet. They also removed the amount roll you had to make with missile racks in favor of individual hit rolls for each missile, which is far, far more reliable given gunnery skill and the removal of firing penalties if you moved.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I tried to use a Grasshopper as a back-coring jumper with melee potential. And it just didn't work, or rather I couldn't make it work often enough. But when it did, that many lasers tears shit UP.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
I love mine, I dropped a few MG's for lasers I found with big +crit values. Almost thinking of dropping the ++srm 4 in the head for a cockpit mod. I for decent range while closing and again focusing stability dmg loaded it up with a ppc and with leftover tonnage a ++ medium and max armor of course. Has a +2 to hit it gyro currently.

It has backfired a few times, like I still don't have a thunderbolt because I went and melee'd a close to full health one I'd knocked down and had like it's shoulder open. Not sure what happened but annihlated the whole thing via just mg's and melee. Best I can tell is I chained ammo explosions from RT into CT and I think even another location had an ammo that blew somehow.

Last edited:

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
It was a good planet shift for me to build cash before doing Served Cold. Got not one but two thunderbolts a couple of missions before the grasshopper, so my max weight has gone up a noticeable chunk in the past half dozen missions. Didnt have either of the bolts for the grasshopper though- They were both down for minor repairs along with 3 others for the grasshopper mission (Got dinged up a little dealing with an old-bandit-folks mission). Got 6 mechs in for repairs now, nothing serious but 13 days combined repairs. Trouble is the next mission sets are only 12 days away so I wont have time to do a refit on the grasshopper during transit. First world problems. :p

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
It was a good planet shift for me to build cash before doing Served Cold. Got not one but two thunderbolts a couple of missions before the grasshopper, so my max weight has gone up a noticeable chunk in the past half dozen missions. Didnt have either of the bolts for the grasshopper though- They were both down for minor repairs along with 3 others for the grasshopper mission (Got dinged up a little dealing with an old-bandit-folks mission). Got 6 mechs in for repairs now, nothing serious but 13 days combined repairs. Trouble is the next mission sets are only 12 days away so I wont have time to do a refit on the grasshopper during transit. First world problems. :p
You can always hit the "Not Now" button or whatever it is when you get to the system the mission is in, and then manually advance the time one day. Or 100 days if you really want to, there doesn't seem to be any penalty for just sitting and waiting, except for monthly budget costs of course.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I burn a ton of a time just refitting shit when I need to, or if I want one of my better pilots out of medical for a mission. Cash reserves have never been a problem so I don't see any issues with burning a couple months of upkeep to field a properly fitted/piloted lance rather than some stock garbage just to save a million cbills or whatever.

• 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
so when choosing the contract should you prioritize salvage or cash? Never played Battletech before so alot of this shit is pretty confusing.