Beverly Hills Cop: Axel Foley

Goatface

2.00 star(s) Rating: 2.00/5 3 Votes
Title: Beverly Hills Cop: Axel Foley

Genre: Action, Comedy, Crime

Director: Mark Molloy

Cast: Eddie Murphy, Taylour Paige, Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Plot: The fourth entry in the Beverly Hills Cop series. Premise TBA.

Goatface

1662033999933.png

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Joseph Gordon Levitt is actually a GREAT casting choice to play a Billy type character.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
you're being very kind right now. Beverly Hills Cop 2 was "just alright". i paid to see BHCop 3 in the theater. it was really bad.

Three I rented and caught one more time on basic cable and both times I felt it was alright. I'd never watch it again though so that's probably an indicator it was bad but I was mostly ambivalent towards its badness.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Three I rented and caught one more time on basic cable and both times I felt it was alright. I'd never watch it again though so that's probably an indicator it was bad but I was mostly ambivalent towards its badness.
it felt like one big commercial for Disneyland and Murphy wasnt funny in it. it was really like he tried to change his image into a family friendly actor in a movie thats supposed to be R rated and edgy.

In a 2005 interview, John Landis claimed that Eddie Murphy worked against the comedy of the film by deliberately not being funny. Landis knew the script wasn't very good, but he figured that Murphy could save it with his comedic routine. However, Murphy felt that his Axel Foley character was an adult now, and played him much more seriously, deliberately side-stepping around the comedy. Landis said that the film "was a very strange experience", and "an odd movie".

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Crazy how he went from being the funniest person in the world to completely forgetting how to be funny at all.

He's like the Tiger Woods of comedy

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Joseph Gordon Levitt is actually a GREAT casting choice to play a Billy type character.

Calling it now, he'll be some uptight cop that eventually comes round and he'll be in love with the actress who will also be Eddie Murphy's daughter.

• 1Like

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
I hope there's a line in the movie where Axel says " I'm too old for this shit"

• 1Like

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
With so much being made lately about Tom Cruise and his love for making movies, I feel like Murphy pretty much mailed in the entire second half of his career purely for paychecks.

Shit, his best performance in the last 20 years might very well be that of a jackass.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Dolemite is My Name was a lot of fun.

1662144368563.png

It also featured Wesley Snipes giving a fuck which was kind of amazing.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
Eddie Murphy has had his low moments, for sure. They basically started when he
gave up what he's really fucking good at to start doing stuff for his kids. Can't hate on
him for that, but it means OUR Eddie Murphy was gone. But at least he's trying now.

Coming 2 America was shit (in my opinion), but Dolemite Is My Name was fucking gold.
Also, Wesley Snipes was fucking awesome in that. But back to Murphy... I've hated SNL
for a LONG fucking time now, but his return for that special a while back (especially the
baking contest skit) reminded me exactly what's been missing from that show.

Bottom Line: I'll watch the new Beverly Hills Cop movie just to see if he Hits or Misses with it.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Didn't he fall out of the rankings during that mess with his divorce and then come back and climb to the top again? and then after his injury and surgeries he was playing at a pretty high level again until the crash.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was listening to Delirious the other day and I couldn't help but think he would be crucified for that performance today.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I was listening to Delirious the other day and I couldn't help but think he would be crucified for that performance today.

It really is amazing how much the world has changed in so relatively short a time.

And BHC3 was ass. It felt like we went from BHC1 -> Peewee Herman.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database