Beverly Hills Cop: Axel Foley

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it is bad i OWN that album? (i blame columbia record club...you know the old 20 albums for 1 dollar just commit to buying 14 more over the next few years)
lol, i asked this in the metal thread, did anyone ever actually pay for those albums? i just ghosted them and never answered their letters, they went away after a while. i was 14yrs old. they werent going to sue me. i didnt even use my actual name and they still sent the albums.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
it is bad i OWN that album? (i blame columbia record club...you know the old 20 albums for 1 dollar just commit to buying 14 more over the next few years)
i think youre adding bidenflation
DiRUDt3VAAEYFFM.jpg:large

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
lol, i asked this in the metal thread, did anyone ever actually pay for those albums? i just ghosted them and never answered their letters, they went away after a while. i was 14yrs old. they werent going to sue me. i didnt even use my actual name and they still sent the albums.

I did. I read all the fine print and decided it was a good deal. The cost after the initial penny was still less than I would have had to pay in the record store. I had asked my parents what they thought and they were impressed that I'd read all the fine print so they approved.

Now, where I fucked up is that I underestimated how little I liked music. Halfway through the commitment I'd slap run out of albums that interested me. But I knew exactly what I was getting into and I kept my word. I remember I got something from a band called Raven because the album was named Life's a Bitch. That one song was decent but the rest was garbage. "Life's a bitch ... when it's got you by the balls. Life's a bitch ... when you feel the squeeze" It never even occurred to me to just stop because even as a pre-teen I had integrity.

i think youre adding bidenflation
DiRUDt3VAAEYFFM.jpg:large

It was a penny taped to the reply card when I was a kid. But maybe lenardo is old as fuck and had to buy LPs or 8 tracks.

ANbyha1LGJDGYS8CgcSTfxSUHKdEDIQ5vv6J19AdUv6JLBEtpsBk5almgiGHsFMXHXUUw2EjkwFgmg39815agfbW-tGXOku96k3Hz9BcXICH2s3bksimiNgk9HMfLClYD14X5CRd7Q=s0-d

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I did. I read all the fine print and decided it was a good deal. The cost after the initial penny was still less than I would have had to pay in the record store. I had asked my parents what they thought and they were impressed that I'd read all the fine print so they approved.

Now, where I fucked up is that I underestimated how little I liked music. Halfway through the commitment I'd slap run out of albums that interested me. But I knew exactly what I was getting into and I kept my word. I remember I got something from a band called Raven because the album was named Life's a Bitch. That one song was decent but the rest was garbage. "Life's a bitch ... when it's got you by the balls. Life's a bitch ... when you feel the squeeze" It never even occurred to me to just stop because even as a pre-teen I had integrity.

It was a penny taped to the reply card when I was a kid. But maybe lenardo is old as fuck and had to buy LPs or 8 tracks.

ANbyha1LGJDGYS8CgcSTfxSUHKdEDIQ5vv6J19AdUv6JLBEtpsBk5almgiGHsFMXHXUUw2EjkwFgmg39815agfbW-tGXOku96k3Hz9BcXICH2s3bksimiNgk9HMfLClYD14X5CRd7Q=s0-d
the thing with that was you got all the albums you would ever want from them for the penny/dollar. so when you got the pay for album of the month or whatever.( i got Phil Collins No Jacket Required) there wasnt shit to choose from. BTW i had Raven's Stay Hard album which had a great track on it called "on and on"

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I’m happy for Bronson Pinchot. That guy is criminally bad at managing his finances. Poor bastard has had a really hard time the last few years.

We're not quite to October yet but how often does Bronson Pinchot come up in conversation not very much I'll have you know but his reading of The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury is just wonderful.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
We're not quite to October yet but how often does Bronson Pinchot come up in conversation not very much I'll have you know but his reading of The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury is just wonderful.

all the time if this was the mid 80s

Goatface

columbia house had a get 8 or 10 for the price of 1 offer and every couple of months would have either 1/2 price sale or buy 1 get 2 free. in the end, would be under $1 each. i did it over and over and at that time could trade cds for $5, so would pay for itself.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
columbia house had a get 8 or 10 for the price of 1 offer and every couple of months would have either 1/2 price sale or buy 1 get 2 free. in the end, would be under $1 each. i did it over and over and at that time could trade cds for $5, so would pay for itself.
lol, i did that, but not for money, i just traded for other metal albums. i think i found somebody to take my Hagar: Standing Hampton and Rush: Grace Under Pressure for a Cinderella Night Songs. i still think i got the best end of that deal.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
i never paid besides the initial amount. it was 1982? 1983? so it i was album or cassette at the time.

got lets see
ac/dc back in black
dirty deeds
a few kiss albums
reo speedwagon
boston
fleetwood mac
etc.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i never paid besides the initial amount. it was 1982? 1983? so it i was album or cassette at the time.

got lets see
ac/dc back in black
dirty deeds
a few kiss albums
reo speedwagon
boston
fleetwood mac
etc.
they had a limited list so we all probably got some of the same things.
i got from that service
Kiss Lick It Up
AC/DC Dirty Deeds, For Those About To Rock, Highway to Hell, Back in Black and Fly On The Wall which i think was the pick your album to pay for option
no REO
no Boston
definitely no Fleetwood Mac
its ok, Journey Escape and Frontiers were much better choices for me.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Damn, this thread just makes me realize everyone but me seemed to hate BHC3. Haven't seen it in a decade or two but still to this day, if my gf asks me where our kids at I'll pull out a stuffed teddy bear and go "He went up those stairs!" hoping a flood of water will wash all the mess away.

And the end when he & the other cop are beat to shit, with Judge stumbling out shot and they just laugh and say "He seriously needs medical attention", gets me every time.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Original BHC was amazing and one of the best comedies of the 80's. Whatever this is will be hot garbage full of aging celebrities with too much plastic surgery and too many alimony payments.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Damn, this thread just makes me realize everyone but me seemed to hate BHC3. Haven't seen it in a decade or two but still to this day, if my gf asks me where our kids at I'll pull out a stuffed teddy bear and go "He went up those stairs!" hoping a flood of water will wash all the mess away.

And the end when he & the other cop are beat to shit, with Judge stumbling out shot and they just laugh and say "He seriously needs medical attention", gets me every time.
I like(d?) the third one because of when it came out and my age at the time. I was young enough that all of it appealed to me.

It was actually on some random station a few weeks ago and I watched bits and pieces of it. Didn't seem that bad.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider

I will admit I am younger than the average FOHer but this movie was my jam when I was a kid.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
He did a good enough job with coming to america that I expect this to be good too. I'm in.

Goatface

at this point, i either never saw BHC3 or have totally forgotten it and i think that is for the best.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

Yeah it's the worst of the three movies but I certainly don't hate the third one.

Whoever controls the green lines controls Southern California! lol