Beverly Hills Cop: Axel Foley

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Judge Reinhold and the other guy look too plastic to enjoy. Sometimes when we do sequels 30 years apart it’s fucking stupid and disjointed. Actually I’ve yet to see an 80’s inspired recent sequel that has been good. Maybe I’m forgetting one. TFA was ok then they pissed that away plus repeated watching sans fanboy glasses showed it was mostly shit too. Maverick I guess and I missed that one in theaters.

Did they put Meg Ryan in that one? Because holy hell- talk about a fucking freak show.
So you watched Maverick but don't know whether Meg Ryan was in it? Hmmm.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Judge Reinhold and the other guy look too plastic to enjoy. Sometimes when we do sequels 30 years apart it’s fucking stupid and disjointed. Actually I’ve yet to see an 80’s inspired recent sequel that has been good. Maybe I’m forgetting one. TFA was ok then they pissed that away plus repeated watching sans fanboy glasses showed it was mostly shit too. Maverick I guess and I missed that one in theaters.

Did they put Meg Ryan in that one? Because holy hell- talk about a fucking freak show.
I think some people like top gun maverick

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
sheeyit Maverick only made O-6 by.... 2020? whatever year it was supposed to originally come out.. after being an O-3 in 1986

That was literally the point of the movie and his whole character. It was explained why he'd not progressed up the chain of command like Iceman

• 1Like

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I'd imagine O-5 to O-6 is the biggest dropoff, especially since O-5 pay is really good and from that point on you don't get to actually do your job anymore. Once you hit full bird you're well into the political sphere of the officer corps and just need to focus on suckin the right dicks to get your stars.

edit: holy fuck I'm way wrong

dont know how accurate that is but yeah, dropoff from over 3600 to just over 100 going from O-6 to O-7. i imagine the air force ranks are WAY more of a dropoff going from O-4 to O-5 to O-6 than the army due to no warrants. take all those warrants in the army and distribute them and the numbers would inflate a LOT for the O-1 to O-5 ranks.
It's a lot to do with the school and education you need to move up that ladder. I'm not sure about other branches but for the Air Force you'll eventually need to get a Masters, PhD, Etcetera.
I'm sure the drop off is people not willing to put in the effort and/or time for the rank. I was never an Officer I got out an E-6.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I should say I was told to watch it in theaters. Missed it. Have not bothered since.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I should say I was told to watch it in theaters. Missed it. Have not bothered since.

so you were told to watch in cinema presumably for the best experience, but now 18 months after it was in cinemas you're now choosing not to experience it all?

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
so you were told to watch in cinema presumably for the best experience, but now 18 months after it was in cinemas you're now choosing not to experience it all?
Yes. More I have other things I’d rather do - gym, kids, wife, games etc. No particular stand. Just when I think about going to watch movies I’d rather do something else.

• 1Garbage

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Yes. More I have other things I’d rather do - gym, kids, wife, games etc. No particular stand. Just when I think about going to watch movies I’d rather do something else.
Make some popcorn and stream it with your wife +- kids.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Thank you for the very important "I just don't feel like watching movies" contribution to this thread.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users