Bicycling

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
not gonna lie, those colored chain rings and cogs are sexy. 2014 specialized crave comp here, just starting to envision some upgrades since I was stoked from the start on the quality of the bike. First on the list is going tubeless, hopefully this weekend, then considering a bunch of other ideas. Riding season just got awesome here in SoCal since it finally dropped into the high 70's almost permanently.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I hate the way pearl izumi shit fits, every time I've bought something of theirs I give it away. It's got that "American" fit if you know what I mean.
Fatass fit?

not gonna lie, those colored chain rings and cogs are sexy. 2014 specialized crave comp here, just starting to envision some upgrades since I was stoked from the start on the quality of the bike. First on the list is going tubeless, hopefully this weekend, then considering a bunch of other ideas. Riding season just got awesome here in SoCal since it finally dropped into the high 70's almost permanently.
Not much makes me jealous weather-wise, but that last line certainly did. Fuck I should have taken a job with a dotcom.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I check sizing charts on every manufacturer before I order something. Some run big, some run small. What works for me in L in LG would have to be XXL in Castelli with their "euro" fit. I've just gotten in the habit of going by the size chart even if it says I take a medium and it sounds insane to me to order something that small.

I do agree though with the PI thing though. I have a pair of nice PI winter tights that I use under baggy MTB shorts, but they are no good for road because of just what you said. Too baggy in the waist section. Thing is, they seem ok everywhere else so the next size down would probably be too small for me. I just cinch them up as much as I can and they are doable under a MTB outer shell, but its a shame I can't make use of them for cold road rides.

Seventh

Golden Squire
I use the Canari stuff on the road (for my legs) most of the time. It fits great, is half the price of the PI stuff and has held up really well for me all season (~3000 miles). Shirts are generally Castelli with their insane euro fits, but as with any brand once you find your size they tend to all fit the same way. This is my first winter riding the fat bike, so I'm glad as hell that I have Amazon Prime. I'm just buying a coupe of sizes of everything and seeing what works, and sending back what doesn't.

And since everyone loves pics, this is my new Crank Bros carbon seat post that I just put on the fatty. Seriously, how awesome looking is this thing? 157 grams.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Carbon on a fat bike makes me giggle.

This weekend is the last real race of the season and it won't start up til May. I have so much more time for activities, think I'm gonna build a desktop soon and catch up on some vidya games I've missed.

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
Screw all you dirty hookers, I'll keep the thread alive by talking to myself!
I've nothing to add, just living vicariously through you as my wife would kill me if I continuously bought stuff for my bikes
smile.png

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Ordered a bike light for night trail ridinga while ago and didn't check the shipping and it estimated December 23rd, well good news is I got it today but the bad news is that it lied. Picture didn't have a cable in it, so while it's usb rechargeable, it attaches to a small battery pack with a cord. Still can't bitch cause it's definitely bright as hell.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's how most good trail lights are though. You need more lumens than a road/commuter light.

Seventh

Golden Squire
Fuckin' awesome weather up in Mass today. Pulled a buddy of mine around for his first century. Damn nice way to end a great season on the road.

ymEp8m1.png

Disp_sl

shitlord
Damn man, that's an impressive ride. Way to go!

Do you load up on calories the day before/day of when you do rides like that?

Seventh

Golden Squire
My girlfriend bought 4 tires for her car today (Civic), and I bought a set of tires for my fatbike. Mine were just a hair more expensive...

Bring on the snow!

Z20IhLn.png

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
My girlfriend bought 4 tires for her car today (Civic), and I bought a set of tires for my fatbike. Mine were just a hair more expensive...

Bring on the snow!

Z20IhLn.png
She bought some shitty tired then, as the dilingers ain't that expensive.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just had to go google what the hell tpi means and I have a not-so-cheap Trek MTB.

$250 on ONE bicycle tire seems absolutely bonkers crazy.

Seventh

Golden Squire
I just had to go google what the hell tpi means and I have a not-so-cheap Trek MTB.

$250 on ONE bicycle tire seems absolutely bonkers crazy.
It is a bit (ok, a lot) ridiculous, but I live in New England. Studs are the difference between riding all through the winter, or having to suck it up and get on the trainer/go to the gym. With some luck, I'll only need to buy them once and I'll be good for a few seasons. I have a pile into the fatty and it's really the last piece I needed (other than more anodized parts, of course). We had some snow up here a couple of weeks ago and it's a SHITLOAD of fun going down trails that used to be rocky/tech fests. The snow packs in the rocks, and you end up being able to just rip like hell over routes that used to be a lot harder.

It's hard to put a price on not being on a treadmill amongst crowds of smelly fat people "running" 20 minute miles once the New Years Resolution Crew descends on the local Planet Fitness, know what I mean?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
They run $250 each, those are studded and 120tpi dude. What's your idea of expensive bicycle tires if that doesn't qualify?

45North Dillinger 5 26x4.8 Studded Fat Bike Tire
I've never actually looked at retail on them. I get discount of 15-30% on most purchases, and last I looked it was about $170 per tire for me. But the "aren't that expensive" was relative to car tires... I can't remember the last time I spent less than $400 on car tires, but maybe I'm getting taken by the mechanic.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's hard to put a price on not being on a treadmill amongst crowds of smelly fat people "running" 20 minute miles once the New Years Resolution Crew descends on the local Planet Fitness, know what I mean?
Hmm.. good point there.