Big Bang Theory

Nebuchadnezzar

Golden Squire
I like it, I watch it, I don't get the hate for it. There's better but there's a lot worse when it comes to sitcoms too. I mean...I'm still watching HIMYM out of habit and that turned into pure dog crap last season...I don't even know what kind of crap it's morphed into this season...maybe panda crap...

Sylverlokk

Golden Knight of the Realm
Amy/Blossom may have some weird personal views (natural parenting) but she is awesome at the facial expressions, I swear I rewatched that part where she looks up after Sheldon offers to put vaporub on her chest like 5 times. Comedy gold.

spronk

FPS noob
Amy was the best addition to the show by far, her expressions and mannerisms are just comedy gold. The original pilot is very weird, I think in the first scene Sheldon is at a sperm bank making a donation to cover rent money. like wtf...

And yeah, this is the show I watch as an "appetizer" for the rest of the thursday night lineup. My favorite things in the show are all the cool nerdy guest stars, like most of the cast of TNG so far or Starbuck or Buzz Aldrin. Me and my friends growing up were pretty much like these guys, clueless about girls and endlessly debating Trek, D&D, Star Wars, etc trivia, having a twice-weekly comic book store visit, even having an Indian guy. They have definitely pulled back on the nerdy humor in the past few years and gone broader, especially relationship stuff, oh well.

I was really suprised at how popular this show was, but then I realized my mom, sister, inlaws, etc all watched it because they all had nerds like me growing up around them, so they enjoy it for nostalgia and stuff. I can see how people who hate laugh tracks hate it, and nowadays it has very few real nerd moments anymore, but the characters for the most part are likeable and its nice to see the interactions. The women are much better and interesting than the guys though, the guys have all kinda become 1-dimensional and boring.

It is weird to see some of you say that this is the only american comedy you watch. I would rate 30 Rock, Archer, Parks & Rec, Don't Trust the Bitch, Happy Endings, and a few other shows way above this. But then again I still watch shit like Office so what the fuck do I know. Community is a whole nother debate, and becomes a "art vs reaching the masses" kinda thing.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I don't know anyone as nerdy as these guys. I really would like to meet some.
The odd part about this show is rarely people this nerdy are actually smart. Everyone I've met with this level of obsession with comic culture and lack of social sense all are college dropouts.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Did you guys ever see the unaired Pilot for Big Bang theory? It had all the same people except Penny who was a different actress and who was clearly played as a hard ass down on her luck who sets out to live with the geeks to take advantage of them because she knows they are all "its a reel gurl!"
It was an interesting take but I don't think the show would have survived long that way with penny having little or no empathy with the intended audience.
Unaired pilot was up on the pirate bay at one time if anyone is interested.

The first two seasons of BBT were very focused on the core three, personally I think the show has gotten much better since they brought on Bernadette and Amy to play off their respective opposites. now all they need is a real resolution to the Raj issue.
Wow. I just watched the unaired pilot and it was very different in a bad way. I'm glad they chose a different direction. Asexual, naive Sheldon is far superior.

Link for anyone interested in watching it.
http://videosift.com/video/The-Big-B...red-Test-Pilot

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
The best thing about this show is that they stick with the nerds as the focus. Even though the guys have all made monumental steps in thier social lives since the season 1 they are still just as nerdy. Is it any coincidence that the old non-nerdy female lead has gotten pushed to the back of the story for two newer and nerdier female leads?

Goatface

i think they are dancing around the problem they really can not progress Penny/Leonard story.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Wow. I just watched the unaired pilot and it was very different in a bad way. I'm glad they chose a different direction. Asexual, naive Sheldon is far superior.

Link for anyone interested in watching it.
http://videosift.com/video/The-Big-B...red-Test-Pilot
Wow, that was absolutely terrible. The girl was ok to look at, but had absolutely no chemistry with the guys, and was cast as nothing but a using bitch, so she'd have zero sympathy from the audience, which is never good for a show like this. You have to like the characters at least a little bit, and there was almost nothing to like about her beyond her body. She even *looked* like a bitch, whereas Penny you get the feeling she's an ok person.

The other nerd girl just didn't work at all either. So glad they replaced her with Howard and Raj.

And yeah, I watch the show. And laugh. It isn't the best show ever, but I enjoy it.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
The pilot was interesting.
The nerd girl kinda of reminded me of the current Leslie Winkle character.

iannis

Musty Nester
I say the same thing and my friends think I'm weird.

Fuck them.
Are your friends homosexual? Whatever failings this show may have, Bernadette is not one of them. Bernadette is THE traditional sexpot. I could understand if you were talking about Blossom.

I think your friends like to peg each other. And they look lovingly in each others eyes while not being underwater at the time. All i'm sayin.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Penny right now does the least for this show, which is why I think she's been relegated. Bernadette and Howard will get their own spinoff if they want it (edit: Down the road, not any time soon.). They're way more talented than people give them credit for.

Stosh

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Good god the shit I would do to Bernadette............
Oh god yes.

Except only the TV character, I've seen the actress on Jay Leno using her real voice and dressed normally, and I'm not as attracted.