Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (2020)

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Umm this shit is aimed at adults. This is rated R and so is the new Harley Quinn cartoon on DCUniverse.
Except from what ive seen of the cartoon movies those have actual appeal to adult males.

What adult male wants to see any of this?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Harley Quinn is so crazy popular it's going to make money. Big money. Not craaaaaazy money but big money.
i thought it would make money too, but rated R? i mean sure, Joker made money, but this aint that and it aint Deadpool either. Harley Quinn is crazy hot with young girls and this could hit good numbers with a PG-13 rating. i dunno how many parents are gonna let their kids go see this film if its R rated. parents today are pretty shit, but they still dont want their kids to come home acting like trash talking little fucks.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Umm this shit is aimed at adults. This is rated R and so is the new Harley Quinn cartoon on DCUniverse.

That's so weird. nothing in that trailer really screamed "R rated movie", so unless the Hyenas are really gonna go to fucking town on someone, I don't see why they don't get rid of "fuck" from the script and just go PG-13 and probably make way more money. Or they are hiding the ultraviolence from us.

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That's so weird. nothing in that trailer really screamed "R rated movie", so unless the Hyenas are really gonna go to fucking town on someone, I don't see why they don't get rid of "fuck" from the script and just go PG-13 and probably make way more money. Or they are hiding the ultraviolence from us.
the CGI hyena is what sold me this was going to be aimed at kids. unless this is all one drug trip in her head and this is more of a Fear and Loathing in LV kind of film. i dont see how its an R film. Deadpool you could make the argument that people know he is hardcore, but Harley Quinn outside of that cartoon has always been more mild of a character. wasnt Suicide Squad rated pg13?

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
i thought it would make money too, but rated R? i mean sure, Joker made money, but this aint that and it aint Deadpool either. Harley Quinn is crazy hot with young girls and this could hit good numbers with a PG-13 rating. i dunno how many parents are gonna let their kids go see this film if its R rated. parents today are pretty shit, but they still dont want their kids to come home acting like trash talking little fucks.
Based on the number of first and 2nd grade girls dressed as sluty harleys Quinn at my sons school Halloween thing last year they are banking on moms taking their little girls to see this so they can learn about girl power.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Based on the number of first and 2nd grade girls dressed as sluty harleys Quinn at my sons school Halloween thing last year they are banking on moms taking their little girls to see this so they can learn about girl power.
there are moms stupid enough to do just that, but i dont think they will like the result after they take them to see this.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
the CGI hyena is what sold me this was going to be aimed at kids. unless this is all one drug trip in her head and this is more of a Fear and Loathing in LV kind of film. i dont see how its an R film. Deadpool you could make the argument that people know he is hardcore, but Harley Quinn outside of that cartoon has always been more mild of a character. wasnt Suicide Squad rated pg13?

I mean the Hyenas are trademark Harley. They aren't added just for this movie.

I don't think they have put out a red band trailer.

Goatface

my teen cousin and her gaggle of friends all love harley, sure they will con someone into taking them.

depending on the site, budget $75m to $100m and forecast is around $40-60m opening and $100-150m total. which is close to Shazam. Suicide Squad did like $40m over predictions. think joker will help get it on more showings per day

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I mean the Hyenas are trademark Harley. They aren't added just for this movie.

I don't think they have put out a red band trailer.
its just so corny and stupid, it boggles the mind that somebody at DC said, sure slap an R on it and it will be fine

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
my teen cousin and her gaggle of friends all love harley, sure they will con someone into taking them.

depending on the site, budget $75m to $100m and forecast is around $40-60m opening and $100-150m total. which is close to Shazam. Suicide Squad did like $40m over predictions. think joker will help get it on more showings per day

Harley has a pretty big fan base. A lot of her fans know her from Batman: The Animated Series. Which is where the adult fan base comes in.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The R rating is probably an error given what you can do with PG-13 but we'll see. It's possible the calcs have flipped and they expect to make more money with the R than they would with the lower rating.

• 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
New Trailer...still looks like shit
Character becomes famous for being such a psychotic masochist she can love a psychotic sadist....So someone has the brilliant idea of "emancipating her" as their big story line. Derp.

Harley works as a character because of her obsession with Joker. Even in that cartoon--the story only really works still because she's still clearly obsessed with Joker. Her being a strong, independent woman is just not what the character is. Its not what's interesting about her. (Frankly part of Harley's whole persona is she would die on her own--she's too needy and crazy.) If you change this, you fundamentally change her--and if you're going to do that, I have to wonder...Why make a Harley Quinn movie at all?

(And the answer is...Because some ideologue wants to make a female comic book movie and Harley Quinn is the only woman outside Wonder Woman in DC with a really big fan base that's known outside of comics. But her character IN COMICS doesn't fly with said virtue signaling, so they are doing this...abortion.)

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Goatface

The R rating is probably an error given what you can do with PG-13 but we'll see. It's possible the calcs have flipped and they expect to make more money with the R than they would with the lower rating.
1578636889197.png

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
In the comics the only other person Harley has had a relationship with is Poison Ivy. Which is what they are doing in the DCU cartoon. The Joker character got fucked because of DC's dumb business moves. Leto-Joker sucked in Suicide Squad so they kinda shelved him and then the current time line Batfleck movies got wiped out. Now they went all whatever this is with Birds of Prey.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
(And the answer is...Because some ideologue wants to make a female comic book movie and Harley Quinn is the only woman outside Wonder Woman in DC with a really big fan base that's known outside of comics. But her character IN COMICS doesn't fly with said virtue signaling, so they are doing this...abortion.)

Well all the more recognizable DC female heroes are all on CW now. I am really surprised they haven't started on a SJW Power Girl movie though.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
I know what their target audience is for this movie, i just can't figure out how they expect it to make money or launch anything else.

Did someone sign a multi-movie contract and they have to fulfill it?
I wonder how many execs were ever after properties making straightforward money versus how many intend to load up projects with product promotions or even propaganda? What if they barely cared what you happened to like, in the end? Buy harmful foods, smoke cancer, absorb self-destructive ideologies. Hollywood and the American people, 100 years together.
giphy.gif

• 2Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
She's really good in the Injustice comic books which themselves are better than they have any right in being. Just plagiarize. Heavily.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
thats what you get when you cater to some whore who will be washed up in less than 5 years. if this isnt a chickflick then i dont know what is. all chick movie about female empowerment and getting over the man who done her dirty. hello, chickflick.

Let me know when Robbie is washed up and in the gutter. I would gladly swoop in and help her back to recovery. MI'Lady. <<tips hat>>. Please, relax in my sex dungeon...I MEAN finished basement.

• 2Like

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Harley has a pretty big fan base. A lot of her fans know her from Batman: The Animated Series. Which is where the adult fan base comes in.

I just think Margot isn't a very good Harley. A female deadpool sounds terrible.

• 2Like