Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
More interesting (to me) than the price of BTC is the fact that it's moving counter to the market as a whole. People jumped the gun previously by calling it a market hedge, despite the fact that it never clearly made the jump from spec asset to hedge. Are we seeing the jump now? Probably not? But I think we are seeing signals it might be moving closer. Important to realize there are other reasons BTC is green when the larger market is red- such as the noise surrounding ETF approval. Regardless, I'm glad I've held onto all of my coins.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
It's moving because Greyscale filed (again) for GBTC to be official listed instead of being a pink sheet.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Kinda feeling another crypto bull run...

It's probably all being fueled by terror dollars though, or the seizure of said dollars, so who knows.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Its Happening The Office GIF by NBC
Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Question I'm trying to answer: does this mean I should buy weed stocks? In other words, does a crypto run launch the next weed/meme stock cycle too?

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Question I'm trying to answer: does this mean I should buy weed stocks? In other words, does a crypto run launch the next weed/meme stock cycle too?

TLRY up 8.5% since I posted this yesterday.

• 1Mother of God

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Things will go to the moon and straight on past until Saturn and I'll be stuck holding because it has been 3 years and hell if I can remember how to trade this crap.

• 1Worf

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
That article is so paywalled you can’t even read the headline. Gotdamn bruh.

You realize you can take a fkn full page screenshot right? You and Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes pissing me off!
The article sucks anyway. But it's not paywalled for me.

I do love the name of these companies though:

"The Treasury sanctions last week included financial penalties on a digital currency exchange based in Gaza, Buy Cash Money and Money Transfer Company, which provided bitcoin and other crypto services."

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
The funding terror angle is fake news Elizabeth Warren et al wrote a letter to the Whitehouse claiming that ~$120 million or something like that was sent to Hamas via crypto. The real number was approximately $300k. So like 0.1% of the claim. The original report that Warren was referencing was corrected shortly after the letter was written. Anything with a blockchain is awful for funding terrorism because its a public ledger. Its dumb and this is a dumb angle to justify government overreach.

Lets not talk about how much funding was sent to Hamas via the USD... or even directly from the Whitehouse ($6+ billion)

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not sure what Warren has against crypto, but boy she fucking hates it.

In other news, any of the few remaining crypto people on this board loading up with any moonshot shitcoins for the upcoming anticipated bull run? If so, what are you loading?

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider

True but goes without saying. All senators are owned by someone. Most of them are owned by several someones.

But I guess I am curious who is pulling the strings on this one. Which lobbying group has the most to gain by putting the kibosh on crypto?