Black Desert

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Yes, it's pretty much all about aoe, except for boss fights.

There are no instance dungeons, there are a few(and by few I think 2-3 maybe) open world dungeons at high level, can't say much about them as I have never been in one.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
There are no instanced dungeons. There are caves, ruins, castles, crypt etc underground areas of various sizes which have dungeon-y layouts but no named mobs (loot is all small % drop from x type mobs anyway, other than boss drops).

There are 2 huge "dungeons" in the desert with very high level hard mobs which effectively require a group to make any meaningful progression, and these groups end up repeatedly killing the same set of mob spawns over and over again in a very eq1 esque manner. But again no named spawn camps.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
There are miniboss/champion type mobs which have a much higher chance of dropping the same stuff the standard mobs around them drop. Some people go through clearing out all of the champions then switch channel/repeat.

I discovered the Velia fishing 'hotspot' last night... just under 3mil AFK fishing in a safe area overnight.. feels like cheating.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
There are miniboss/champion type mobs which have a much higher chance of dropping the same stuff the standard mobs around them drop. Some people go through clearing out all of the champions then switch channel/repeat.

I discovered the Velia fishing 'hotspot' last night... just under 3mil AFK fishing in a safe area overnight.. feels like cheating.

What's it take to get to this point and do stuff like that?

Not that I expect I ever will anytime soon. I've got a level ~20 berserker.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
You can already, there are champions in many of the low level grind areas. They look like a standard mob but much larger and have a prefix like "violent" or something similar in front of their name. The lower level champions will usually drop green items. As you get a bit higher they start dropping black stones.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Elites are found in pretty much all areas (and levels) of the game, they are just tougher versions of the same thing in general. The first real concentration of Elite class mobs your find in game are Rogues and Manes and Mediah, so they start at around level 50. These are your starter elites, mid range elites would be the Helm Golems at Helm's Post/Rumbling Land, and end game are the elites at Ghahaz Bandits in Valencia (I wouldn't touch these without TRI gear). There's a few super elites called Gatekeepers in Valencia that require a well geared group to take down that have a high chance of dropping loot.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Oh well I was referring to afk fishing ;)

I didn't think it was just an outright feature of the game for some reason...

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Yep, grab your fishing rod and head to the Velia hotspot - follow the beach to the left of the wharf until you find the swarm of AFK fishers!

Then once you go to sell your fish, you'll get the best money by going to an imperial fishing trader and selling all the fish they will accept (blue and yellow fish). There is one on Velia docks, and others in various other towns. It can be hard to sell to the imperial trader as they only buy a certain number of each fish per 3 hours, and especially the one in Velia is fully sold out very quickly after resetting.. if you go to Glish for example you will find it easier.

Alternatively just sell them all to a normal trader but that is much worse money.

There are ways to get even more money than the imperial trader but it requires high skills.

Last edited:

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
What kind of time frame can I expect for getting up to decent gear levels if I come back on my 56 sorc or ranger? Decent gear being something that will let me be competitive in open world pvp situations (probably tri everything at the minimum i'm guessing).

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Depends how much you play. If you played at launch then you'll have 100mil or so in your mailbox which is enough to give you a good boost.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Indeed, the accessories part isn't as much of a worry as the armor and weapons (and awakening weapon) what with all the memory frag requirements etc.

Spark

Golden Knight of the Realm
So I've been playing for about a week now and I really like how you can do stuff while afk.

Fishing is slowly getting better but I've got a shitty 30 durability pole that won't last more than 2 hours or so. Is there something better that's easily obtainable?

I watched a video that mentioned ways to raise fishing enhancement such as joining a guild or acquiring a specific pet. Anyone know how to get that pet? Video also mentioned an outfit that raises fishing?

Just found the Apprentice Fisher's Uniform 10 min after posting.

Last edited:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
So I've been playing for about a week now and I really like how you can do stuff while afk.
I felt like that too when I first started but then I slowly started to lose any motivation to play the game as I would occasionally forget to leave it running while I was at work or whatever. When people are doing shit 24/7 you literally have no hope of ever matching some people.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
A +1 crafted fishing outfit would cost less than 1mil. That will give you +1 fishing skill, +1 movement speed and 10% fishing XP.

The best fishing rods for AFK fishing are Balenos Fishing Rod or Epheria Fishing Rod. Either of them is less than 1mil, has 50 durability and most importantly is repairable. As you get more money to burn you can enchant them to add more durability so you can AFK fish for longer. You'll probably find that your inventory slots are the limiting factor pretty soon, unless you spend $ in the pearl shop.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Welp, got into full PRI except my shoes which refuse to go up and a duo liverto and now i'm outta money. Apparently they tinkered around with all the turn-in values in mediah so now I have to figure out where I can grind money the easiest I guess. I thought sorc was 56 but she was only 55, 9% to go for 56 and hopefully getting my awakening upgraded won't be too pricey. What's the softcap on skill points these days? I'm at like 790-800 but i'm gonna need a lot more for all my awakening skills.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This game is 10 dollars. Is it worth it and is the controller support good(I want to play in my living room, using my xbox elite pad).

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I consider it extremely worth while. I spent $100 pre-ordering it originally and probably $200 in the pearl shop and am still getting great value out of it. It's such a feature & mechanic rich game. Combat can be as simple or as complex as you want it to be and the graphics are fantastic.

I have not tried it with a controller.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
The first skill point softcap is 750, the next one is about 1500-1600.

Controller is arse for most people, some like it.