Black Desert

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
I am sure there will be other ways to get keys, other sites handing them out etc

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
No clue but they were all gone by the time i found out which was not even 2 hours later.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
If only it wasn't a Korean game designed for a Korean market which uses KSNs to stop cheaters.

I'm SUPER GLAD that Black Desert doesn't have the EXACT SAME problem. It'll surely have a fantastic cheat detection system that is meant for a KSN-less audience!

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If only it wasn't a Korean game designed for a Korean market which uses KSNs to stop cheaters.

I'm SUPER GLAD that Black Desert doesn't have the EXACT SAME problem. It'll surely have a fantastic cheat detection system that is meant for a KSN-less audience!
What kind of cheating goes on in the Korean games? Tons of bots and stuff in WoW and I'm curious what is the difference?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What kind of cheating goes on in the Korean games? Tons of bots and stuff in WoW and I'm curious what is the difference?
They tend to trust the client on stupid stuff which western mmos don't do and slap some shitty gameguard outdated license shit to pretend they care but mostly they deal with it by having everything tied to your KSN or more recently to your phone number, which makes it a pain in the ass if you get banned compared to western games, so it works out, kinda. When the games are ported though, they're not secured and they end up being very exploited and shit.

That said I was under the impression that Archeage didn't kill itself because of the cheating but because they completely fucked the item shop with a ton of P2W shit which made the whole thing a waste of time if you weren't going to spend solid money. Then again I stopped caring about Archeage during the alpha so I didn't follow what happened very closely.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They tend to trust the client on stupid stuff which western mmos don't do and slap some shitty gameguard outdated license shit to pretend they care but mostly they deal with it by having everything tied to your KSN or more recently to your phone number, which makes it a pain in the ass if you get banned compared to western games, so it works out, kinda. When the games are ported though, they're not secured and they end up being very exploited and shit.

That said I was under the impression that Archeage didn't kill itself because of the cheating but because they completely fucked the item shop with a ton of P2W shit which made the whole thing a waste of time if you weren't going to spend solid money. Then again I stopped caring about Archeage during the alpha so I didn't follow what happened very closely.
Thanks, now I remember what people were bitching about that before. Does Blade and Soul have the same problem?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Thanks, now I remember what people were bitching about that before. Does Blade and Soul have the same problem?
I'm not sure, maybe. It does have a huge reliance on ping for about everything so I'd be tempted to think it actually doesn't trust the client for a whole lot and check the server constantly, but it's hard to say. B&S is designed around arenas though, so it shouldn't have as much of an impact, it's much more obvious and easy to report people using cheats in a 1vs1 setup than notice them in a big guild versus guild clusterfuck, and the arena rating prevents them from instantly getting back to high tier pvp if they get banned and shit. No idea though, about either game. Generally you'd want to look at the chinese version to see if there's massive cheat issues, but no idea how the CN B&S server goes other than it has a ton of P2W shit in the item shop and I'm not sure Black Desert was released over there yet.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Cheating definitely ruined ArcheAge for me. The monetization was annoying, but still playable. Other factions using teleportation hacks, radar hacks, and spawning level 55 mobs in towns wasnotplayable.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Cheating definitely ruined ArcheAge for me. The monetization was annoying, but still playable. Other factions using teleportation hacks, radar hacks, and spawning level 55 mobs in towns wasnotplayable.
Oh wasn't aware it was that bad, that's pretty terrible. I mean spawning mobs is something you'd pretty much never see in a western mmo, even other than wow(so less money to develop anti cheating stuff and what not). It's amazing you can somehow do that in a game.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wait, players could spawn mobs? How the fuck do you somehow let players even remotely have that ability?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It happened in Shadowbane too so western mmos arnt immune to it.
Shadowbane is super ancient though. And did they never fix it? Cause AA was like a few years old korean port, you'd think that kind of stuff would have been fixed by the time it got ported, unless it's somehow related to how it was handled here by Trion or something.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Being rural, one problem I'm seeing with all korean mmos is that they don't have any fault tolerance at all in connectivity. They don't even set keepalive on the tcp socket (for messaging and such). Korean internet is so good I guess they have no way to test for faulty connections.