Black Desert

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
GSA was good cause it was only 2pieces to cover most of the body and had good base armor or whatever and mahori(or whatever the fuck the robe was) stopped dropping or some shit? So it was expensive as fuck. And you could lose it, sometimes, rarely. Mostly the issue was the rarity since it only dropped for a small amount of time during an event or some shit, I wasn't playing at the time it dropped I started a couple months after launch so I never had one.

Still, not really AC and more like every game with pking added after that without a FFA ruleset. FFA and no safe zones is what made Darktide what it was. If the towns were safe, Darktide would have been boring as fuck, considering most of the memorable moments were fought inside towns, to take control of them. I guess there's systems in place to simulate that aspect with sieges and guild wars and node wars, but that's missing a large aspect of what made AC PvP great with small amounts of people playing guerilla warfare on large guilds and stuff like that.

This feels more like the usual fairly refined organized PvP systems that are in a bunch of korean games including Archeage, Lineage, Aion and stuff. I don't think anyone's ever going to bother making Darktide systems on a large scale anymore(there was Darkfall which was basically Darktide, but it was a greek dev, small team, small server etc, and they ended up fucking everything up apparently).

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
The upcoming KR expansion/patch will have some more open world/less organized pvp systems. Only read a translated paragraph about it. Was linked a few pages ago.

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You could not lose GSA. Darktide was awesome because you could get EXP anywhere in the HUGE world, but there were spots by far and away so much better than anywhere else such as tusker dungeons, and dungeons in which motes/shadow crystals dropped. It was almost like Darkness Falls from DAOC, except there were a couple dozen great spots spread out. That meant each guild would try to stake out and defend the best, and kill anyone who came close so that their guild could gain an experience/gear advantage over other players (also the exp chain).

You would need another game where there was basically true infinite leveling. AC was also unique in that a well made level ~45 character could beat a gimped 100+, if he was skilled (or used gear, the cheat, to speed up his client).

In years, I never dropped my pre (or post patch) GSA and have never recalled anyoneeverdropping it. They (and Atlan) weapons were no drop, period.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yes GSA was no drop, I was talking about the robe, mahori robe or whatever, that dropped super rarely off snow tuskers or some other fucking nonsense early in the game, that was better than GSA. After they removed that robe, they added GSA(well a bit later), and GSA was no drop, one of the few things in the game to be no drop, along those hollow weapons which were only good for zzz autoattack fist motherfuckers(shit was so bad with the autofollow autoattack lol). But it's the robe that I said you could drop, rarely, cause it had a value of like 9k and you usually had DIs of like 15-20k value, but there was some weird shit going on sometimes where it'd drop even though you still had some DIs on you. I remember I think Osium bitching about losing his at some point, before they quit playing AC.

Also AC didn't have infinite leveling. I mean, it had very long leveling, but it was capped. Quick google cause I don't remember the values says it was capped at 126 originally and raised to 275 with an expansion later on. Only a few people reached 126 though, and past like 90 you were getting jackshit from levels anyway, you needed like 5levels to get 1pt in WAR or whatever, and it was only relevant if you had built your char to make use of the additional levels by having more skills on secondaries than primaries or however the fuck the system worked(I remember people rerolling to build for 126).

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Mattekar hide robe wasn't really better, it just had insane resists. Remember at that time level IV banes were amazing and you didn't buff multiple pieces, mana conversion just didn't work on item magic and I think not even transfers originally, so it was super hard. Also GS armor didn't get introduced until later. At the point you had L VI spells, item and mc fit fixed, Matty robes were basically relics for twinks.

Also IIRC the original Matty robes were very low value, then they increased value and screwed with resists on later drops. Same thing that happened with GSA, pre patch of both were obscenely valuable.

No joke on DT, which was my third server, bro and I got lucky and found a guy muling with bags and jacked like four sets of PPGSA. Was huge heist, later found out it was likely dupe bug bullshit but because we stole them we got to keep them because they didn't get picked up by the GMs. Lulz.

Woolygimp

Mattekar hide robe wasn't really better, it just had insane resists. Remember at that time level IV banes were amazing and you didn't buff multiple pieces, mana conversion just didn't work on item magic and I think not even transfers originally, so it was super hard. Also GS armor didn't get introduced until later. At the point you had L VI spells, item and mc fit fixed, Matty robes were basically relics for twinks.

Also IIRC the original Matty robes were very low value, then they increased value and screwed with resists on later drops. Same thing that happened with GSA, pre patch of both were obscenely valuable.

No joke on DT, which was my third server, bro and I got lucky and found a guy muling with bags and jacked like four sets of PPGSA. Was huge heist, later found out it was likely dupe bug bullshit but because we stole them we got to keep them because they didn't get picked up by the GMs. Lulz.
Palum, someone bought Nexus armor for $10,000-$12,000 IIRC, and they were duping it. Admins found out, deleted every single set from the server. Big chunk of change straight down the drain.

PP Mattekar Robes were more expensive than PP GSA. Being able to throw armor IV & resists on only two pieces of gear (the robe covered feet too, I think) meant that you could buff up with just a handful of spells.

PP GSA started out around $80 a set and went as high as $300. Should have sold that shit.

Woolygimp

Also AC didn't have infinite leveling. I mean, it had very long leveling, but it was capped. Quick google cause I don't remember the values says it was capped at 126 originally and raised to 275 with an expansion later on. Only a few people reached 126 though, and past like 90 you were getting jackshit from levels anyway, you needed like 5levels to get 1pt in WAR or whatever, and it was only relevant if you had built your char to make use of the additional levels by having more skills on secondaries than primaries or however the fuck the system worked(I remember people rerolling to build for 126).
It had infinite leveling. Your experience was NEVER capped so you could raise skills indefinitely. The level counter stopped going up at 126, but there were calculators that told you your real level (some people were 200+ even though it was capped at 126). Besides it took the very first person to reach 126, two fucking years. The game even had a run/jump skill which was pretty important in PvP if you didn't cheat. So yeah...

When does CBT2 start? I'm DLing the client atm.

Woolygimp

I'm looking at the Berserker and Wizard. I'm just worried the Berserker won't have any mobility, and I'll be kited indefinitely. Which should I play first in the CBT2?

And the fuck?

Black Desert Online on Twitter:Black Desert Online : CBT2 launching later today (yesterday)

Is it launching on the 18th, today, or has it already gone live?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Here are my notes on the Berserker that I posted on the PRX forums. It's basically a collection of other people's opinions. It's the class I'm going with.
--

To me the classseemsto offer a great combination of survivability, aggressiveness and mobility and some of the best single target CC. I mean seriously, the dude can grab someone and run away with them.

Fun class all around, and of course you get to be Iron Man whenever we get Awakening weapons. I'm old and slow at the keyboard in my ripe old age of 35 so this class offers some reliable combos that don't require the switch of the Sorceress either.

So here's a few things I've found that offer a good look into the Berserker class.

Berserker Videos and Streams

Starter Guide:BDO Berserker Starter Guide - YouTube
Explains some of the basic abilities, gear etc. Really goes in to understand basic PVE grinding combos and what points not to waste time with. Skip the middle of the video as it's a lot of blabbering.

Class Overview:[Black Desert Online] Guide: Berserker / Giant - YouTube
Everyone probably has seen these videos, the kid did some good stuff with each class. Check all of them out.

High End KR Streamers
Jamrock:Twitch
Pretty interactive in his streams if you catch him playing BDO. Will answer questions. You should check out this link to some small scale GVG with the Berserker. Pretty awesome:Twitch

There are a few russion ones, but I don't have them saved.

Berserker Combo Video
Black Desert - Berserker PvP Core Skills and Combos - YouTube

Written Guides and Other Assorted Links
Interesting forum thread with a Q&A, not sure if the source is legit, but seems so.Berzerker Q/A - Berserker - The Black Desert Online

Some highlights:
Build Link:BDO Giant Skills - form1ca.ru

Stats:
1) Zerker runs low on accuracy, so be sure you have enough. That's a must and there's no negotiating it, so don't go for an AP offhand (though pick one up for PvE if you want). Besides that you really can't go wrong with any of the sets. Agerian or Tarotus will work fine for a zerker. One gives you 3 aspd while the other boosts your MP pool, which are both great things to have. Key with gearing any class is knowing how much accuracy vs AP to stack. Zerker needs more than most.

2) (Assuming you have enough accuracy) resist ignore -> Max resist -> health for crystals

For armor: Accuracy > AP > DP (though some people do stack DP as zerker is really tanky)

Last Thoughts:
Few things I learned that make grinding easier are to level up Headbutt, Frenzied Destroyer (Accuracy buff and AP buff) then chain into spin to win. All the other skills are not necessary for the leveling process outside the utility abilities like Shake Off (mobility dodge) and Laval Pierce (charge forward). A lot of this was gleamed off the starter video above.

Those are my notes so far, I have an idea what I want for a build and I'll post it later, but it's essentially leveling the three abilities above and fill in with grabs and passives.

I'm not sold on leveling up the autoattack like a lot of people claim is a benefit. Autoattack while grinding is essentially used to regain resource points. You can either pot around this in PVE or just regen slower. In PVP I don't see using this much at all. And in any other pvp videos I don't see much use to sink in that many skill points.

Regarding Skill Progression:
Here is the result of a conversation I had with BDOSaw, the author of the Combo Video. The guy knows his stuff from what I've seen him do. I trust him fully on PVP, at least on small scale PVP, issues.

Some additional points:

Look at the skills in terms of priority while leveling: Spin > Lava Piercer > Shake Off > Stomp > Frenzied Destroyer > everything else, making sure you're grabbing the first ranks of all your grabs (and the second rank of Smack Down so you can use Undertaker with it) when you can. You'll find that leveling goes extremely fast, and you'll be able to complete the core build before you know it. Skills I'd tag as lower priority would be ultimate headbutt (you really only need that for incorporating headbutt into the knockdown combo, and you can still do the knockdown combo without headbutt), the second and third ranks of Fearsome Tyrant (will only shine in Sieges, which don't come out 'til a month after release), and the first rank of Wrath of Beast (don't really need a defensive cooldown in PvE).?

Regarding the crit passive, yeah. As it is now, I don't see it being worth all those points. If I turn out to have an overabundance of skill points in NA (unlikely), I'd grab it though. Crit is always good. Key break points would be Ultimate Headbutt (needed to weave headbutt into the knockdown combo), Smack Down 3 (gets you the third smash), Ultimate Stomp (chaining this after evasion is Berserker bread 'n butter), and SP Beastly Wind Slash.?

Max headbutt first? No. Stomp, yes. But yeah, regarding which to level first, probably overthinking it, finishing off the build I posted will be pretty quick and then you'll just be stockpiling skill points for awakening.? Leveling is fast.

Basic Skill Build:Black Desert Online Tome - Skill Calculator(440 SP)
Full Skill Build:Black Desert Online Tome - Skill Calculator(547 SP)

Full skill build is without Awakening, so I'm not sure if that changes.

Woolygimp

Thanks for the info, you put quite a bit of effort into that. That twitter link says they should have launched CBT2 yesterday afternoon, that's why I'm confused.

Woolygimp

Yeah, ok, I'm retarded.

I noticed the $99 package comes with double the head-start that the $50 does. How many people do you think will be jumping on that? 96 hours head-start is pretty big in any PvP game, but is the quality even there to justify such a big purchase?

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Expect queues and lots of crashing, bots and possibly rollbacks. The reality is you might get a headstart but lose any lead you might have come full release due to queues. Save your money.

Woolygimp

Expect queues and lots of crashing, bots and possibly rollbacks. The reality is you might get a headstart but lose any lead you might have come full release due to queues. Save your money.
You really think that many people dropped $99 on it? I was going to apply to PRX. Don't we have a few members here?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Crashing probably. But maybe no queues, considering the other 2 regions use a megaserver setup(ie no servers to queue into) with lots of channels. Also while I expect Bots, it might be reduced, since there is no player to player trading(ie you cant sell gold/items) so hardly any RMT, since all that is left really is selling accounts.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Quite a few play in PRX. Drop an app and mention you're from here especially if you use a different name for some reason.

The advantage head start gives is directly proportional to your playtime. Not just in the first few days you take vacation, but in the coming weeks.

First, this game doesn't really have a lot of PvP. Even on RU, where people are known to love PvP, there isn't a lot. The first thing is even the watered down Karma system still is really harsh. So what happens is you'll be out there grinding mobs, you might get warned by someone and then ganked as they are in the area killing stuff. Ok, you go back and they may do the same thing. After a few times they usually are running out of karma as they probably do this enough where it is an issue. Either way, 5 kills and they are at 0, best case scenario.

They will then start to bitch at you, threaten to kill you etc again but you know the game systems and know if they do they are essentially fucking themselves. When you tell them to fuck off and kill you if they want they generally end up leaving for another instance or going to another area. It's not worth trying to fight for mobs. It's not worth killing people over mobs after a time or two as they are essentially calling your bluff. If you continue to kill them, you are pretty much screwing yourself. You're only choice is to out damage them for mobs or move on.

Second, guild stuff doesn't start up until after 30 days. So you have plenty of time to get respectable levels and gear in that time. You won't be the best, but you already know that if you aren't poopsocking for the entire time you aren't going to be the best regardless. Especially in a game with no level cap.

Since there isn't a ton of open world ganking type pvp you aren't likely to need to be at or near the front of the pack to enjoy the game. So head start offers dubious advantage in all honestly unless you want to enjoy the initial race.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Can someone give an overview of the pvp loot? So you spend months getting +20 on your sword then you die in a castle siege and lose it randomly?

It's not entirely clear if there's a mitigation mechanic like death items in AC.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Can someone give an overview of the pvp loot? So you spend months getting +20 on your sword then you die in a castle siege and lose it randomly?

It's not entirely clear if there's a mitigation mechanic like death items in AC.
You lose nothing in sieges or guild wars. I think they removed loot drop in PvP and crystal breaking but I'm not 100% sure. If it is in game, you only lose inventory item(s) and only if you have negative karma. You only lose gems if you are purple (negative karma). You do lose xp which kind of sucks.

You also can't talk to NPC's like the wharehouse guy with negative karma. Guards attack you and players can attack you freely. If you fight back, you go further in the hole karma wise. So you are essentially becoming everyone's bitch once you go that route.

You gain karma by grinding mobs. 70 per. You lose 60k karma per kill. Cap is 300k of good.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Ok so basically you lose some minor progress unless you're an idiot or an asshole but nothing massive?