Black Sails

Oldbased

> Than U
Not a chance.
Perspective. Only 3 episodes left in the entire series forever and this is what they gave us.
Definitely the worst in the series when looked upon in that regard.
It was most insulting not because it was just terrible but because you could have fit everything that did happen in 15, 20 minutes tops and more could have been given to us.
When your series is ending and you only got a day left on vacation you don't sit in the hotel room crying it's over. You go out and walk the beach and stare at buttcracks.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
This week's episode was really good. I don't want to spoil anything so I will leave it at that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
yeah, i'd argue this weeks episode - episode 9 XXXVII - was arguably the best episode of the entire series from start to finish. So many amazing moments, the conversation these people have between each other is like on a whole nother level of writing compared to most shows. The last time I felt like this about an episode right before the finale was Breaking Bad's Ozymandias.

RIP all the amazing pirate homies

The finale next week is 71 minutes long.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Ugh this show is too good, super angry this is ending. Starz puts out the best shows, have high hopes for American Gods.

spronk

FPS noob
mCtR8g3.jpg

• 1Solidarity

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought last week's was kind of lame so I skipped the one that aired last night for later (we seriously have 10 shows we record on Sunday Nights now)... coming in here and seeing positive reactions helps me want to watch it. It just kind of ... shat itself... in my eyes after the big Spanish invasion episode.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I think I am going to rewatch thr entire series after the finale. I think I will appreciate it more on a second viewing which is saying a lot because I love this show.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Wait...next week's episode is the end of the series!?

Oldbased

> Than U
I think I am going to rewatch thr entire series after the finale. I think I will appreciate it more on a second viewing which is saying a lot because I love this show.
Having done seasons 1 2 3 and half of 4 a few weeks back I can say it flows much better like that. I think I would have been lost numerous times had I been watching it over 4 years.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
With the last episode of Black Sails being 71 minutes. I am hoping that last minute is just the words "Treasure Island: Season 1 - Christmas 2017" and the theme song playing the whole time.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed the finale, will definitely be binge watching the whole series again soon.

spronk

FPS noob
wasn't a huge fan of the flint ending, going from Captain Flint, greatest Pirate Lord of the Carribean to gay prisoner peanut farmer is pretty fucking terrible. Long John Silver's ending wasn't fantastic either, the chick he saved is mad at him for saving her and there is no great bridge between that ending shot of Silver and the totally fucked up, skeezy ass LJS of Treasure Island other than the little speech flint gave at the end. Also Rackham does not get a happy ending, and while Woods Rogers does indeed briefly go into debtors prison he actually returns as governor of Nassau a few years later when the war between England and Spain heats up again.

Just way too many speeches maybe, I mean its a nice fairy tale end to the show and ties in great with season 1, episode 1 but I was expecting a little bit more pathos and despair for every character, and almost all of them got happy endings instead. Kind of weird that Billy Bones just ends up on Treasure Island but I guess that is a good way to tie it into his story in the book.

I was really expecting Grandma Guthrie to sigh at Max and Rackam as troops run in to seize them, and tell the two of them that civilization does not make deal with pirates. Now THAT would have been a good ending.

They also never once said the most famous lines from Treasure Island - fifteen men on a dead man's chest, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum :(

Last edited:
  • 1Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
It was a pretty bad ending. Madi drug this show down week after week this season, and then gutted any enjoyment or resolution the finale could have had.

Not since the wife from breaking bad has a female costar been such a detriment to a good show.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I don't get all the Madi hate. She isn't my favorite character, but she isn't anywhere near Skylar levels of annoying.

spronk spronk Didn't they reveal Flint's Gay Romance in Season 1 or 2?

• 1Like