Black Sails

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I should have re-watched the last season before watching this. The last season recap at the beginning of the episode was pretty weak.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Only thing that bothered me about the premier is...
How fucking easy it should have been for Silver to get his foot free.
That dude at the very end of the episode was?
Not sure. Probably not anyone important, figured he was just looting bodies.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Not sure. Probably not anyone important, figured he was just looting bodies.
I am thinking more that it will be someone from Treasure Island that we haven't heard about yet. Like maybe Pew or someone.

I just looked on the subreddit and they are saying it is Israel Hands so I am half right if they are right.

Oldbased

> Than U
Starting my Black Sails run. Quickly satisfied in the cast,especially Zach McGowan who is also on The 100 as King. I feel Zach should have been on GoT.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Todays episode...Dammmmn. Fuck this show is so good. Super Bummed it is ending this season, wtf is with Starz ending amazing shows so soon (Spartacus was 4 seasons too)

spronk

FPS noob
for real man the blood was flowing heavy tonight. Fucking Jack Rackham is the shittiest pirate on the planet, no wonder all he is remembered for in history is his clothes and how many chicks he boned. Shoot your guns until the other ship surrenders!!

still it was pretty cool to show that Woods Rogers is not really a good guy in a bad spot, guy is definitely a fucking sociopath like Derringer. While it doesn't exactly follow how Blackbeard dies it does show off his overconfidence and its mostly right just with the wrong people. No keel hauling or whatever the fuck that sick shit was.
How did Blackbeard die? | All About History

interesting trivia: Captain Flint and Captain Berringer (the leader of the redcoats who died) are brothers IRL!! Even more insane, Dame Maggie Smith (Harry Potter, Downton Abbey) is their mom!!! WHOAH

YdIkYdD.jpg

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
considering watching this show because I'm interested in pirate history... is there a lot of rape?

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
I give this show nine thumbs up.

I felt the last episode was a bit of a filler, which is sad considering the number of episodes left.
If they know the show is going out and only a handful of episodes are left, do it with cannon blazing ship sinking style.
Although the fights below deck were good.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I was checking real quick to see if tomorrow was the finale and realized tomorrow is only episode 5 of 10. For some reason it felt like we had way more episodes!!

I think we have enough episodes for a 2 episode Treasure Island mini movie!!

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
yeah its hard to see what more they are gonna do, the story really feels like its winding down. no mary read either so far. it would be pretty fascinating to have the final 1 or 2 episodes just be straight up 20 years later treasure island stuff.

Oldbased

> Than U
I saw all sorts of stuff flying around about how this was all the prequel of Treasure Island or maybe another series down the line. Not sure they would throw away the possibility of doing another whole series in a few years away on just 2 episodes of Black Sails but who knows.
I think I am going to drop all my prems again once it is done though, HBO/Cinemax/Starz/Showtime just isn't worth the $55 a month they charge when I never watch but about 3 hours a week of it.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
it would be pretty fascinating to have the final 1 or 2 episodes just be straight up 20 years later treasure island stuff.
My brother and I thought about the rest of the timeline and we agree. Really hoping for a Treasure Island double episode.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I saw all sorts of stuff flying around about how this was all the prequel of Treasure Island or maybe another series down the line. Not sure they would throw away the possibility of doing another whole series in a few years away on just 2 episodes of Black Sails but who knows.
I think I am going to drop all my prems again once it is done though, HBO/Cinemax/Starz/Showtime just isn't worth the $55 a month they charge when I never watch but about 3 hours a week of it.

This was my understanding as well for some years now, and I was really looking forward to it.

I'd hope people aren't just pirating this show and are showing the appropriate support. It had a bad season with a lot of drag and dead episodes, it bled pretty hard, but it came back even harder last season and this season (I have only caught pieces) immediately made me outraged I didn't add it to my watch schedule (I hate watching stuff on multiple week delay, 7 days is usually my limit. I'm OCD about premium cable on-demand. I'll torrent,netflix anything else, but premium series gives me emotional fits about doing it)

Seeing this thread served as a reminder for me to get up on this show again, stat.