Black Sails

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
This show is straight up better than Game of Thrones at this point. Both are great, but I enjoy this so much more.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
it's good but not quite there for me. GOT is one of the only shows I can watch and not be distracted in slightest.

spronk

FPS noob
t65ZXGa.gif

spronk

FPS noob
I didn't realize Flint and Long John Silver weren't real people until this season when I started reading Treasure Island
frown.png
I'm a dumbass.

This episode really freaked me out about dying from thirst while in an ocean. How insane must that be? First thing I did was google up how to turn salt water into drinkable water, turns out its really not that hard
Homemade Solar Water Distiller - turns dirty water/saltwater into clean drinking water! - how to DIY - YouTube

So there ya go, memorize that shit so in case you ever are stuck out in the ocean you can survive forever on fish and water as long as you have a big jar, a cup, some sort of plastic/tarp, and a rock.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This episode was amazing. They made the shark fishing look way more realistic than I ever would've expected.

I seriously hope Vane or Blackbeard skullfuck Hornigold. Traitorous fuck.

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, i agree this episode was awesome. everything with the slowly dying crew was especially awesome.

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
The captain flint vs blackbeard duel was a bit of a letdown.. not awful, but i was expecting more badassery.
Still enjoying the show, though season 2 was better i think. Kill the blonde pirate queen bitch and I will enjoy the show much more.

Caliane

I didn't realize Flint and Long John Silver weren't real people until this season when I started reading Treasure Island
frown.png
I'm a dumbass.

lol.
I started this blind a week or two ago, from Season 1. Had no idea it was a prequel for treasure island. but did recognize them right away, going.. wait what? Then spent a few days trying to figure out if, prequel, or alt history like say, Penny Dreadful(which I am watching right now, btw..).
think I ended up googling to figure out "prequel". Although the inclusion of real pirates, does make it an alt history as well. End game is still Treasure island though of course.

That said, I gave up on this end of S2. Every scene with Max in it, made me despise this show. Not a superfan of the Vayne character, or actor really either. superpirate.

spronk

FPS noob
Its definitely prequel, says so in a lot of promos. They have to write around real history though, which is why you get these weird moments where Flint and co disappear from Nassau when real life stuff went down.

I don't get the max hate, she's shown her titties a few times. any char who has done that is ok by me. Going from a whore to running a few shops is pretty damn impressive, I am also pretty sure she is headed for a crash since no one civilized would really respect a black whore. There was some speculation that she was going to be Long John Silver's wife (mentioned a few times in Treasure Island) but that clearly is now the daughter of the Moros.

Blackbeard has been a huge disappointment sadly, the actor is great but all the character has done is act as Vane's daddy. Usually the second half of the season ramps up so we'll see whats going on.

Caliane

Its definitely prequel, says so in a lot of promos. They have to write around real history though, which is why you get these weird moments where Flint and co disappear from Nassau when real life stuff went down.

I don't get the max hate, she's shown her titties a few times. any char who has done that is ok by me. Going from a whore to running a few shops is pretty damn impressive, I am also pretty sure she is headed for a crash since no one civilized would really respect a black whore. There was some speculation that she was going to be Long John Silver's wife (mentioned a few times in Treasure Island) but that clearly is now the daughter of the Moros.
horrible actress, insufferable accent. Giant Mary-sue character. as you yourself noted.. why is this character so well educated? why does everyone listen to them? why does everyone want to fuck her and trust her? turned two seemingly straight women bi-sexual. as well as any given number of men all want her. that you think she is heading for a crash is cute though. she had her low point in season1 "on the beach". seems like a clear author favorite.

she might be an swap for Mary Read.
Anne Bonny doesn't get a great showing in this for some reason. some weird changes taking away a real persons agency.
Anne Bonny - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
real Anne Bonny is like the origin of the Fiery redhead irish wildwoman.
Daughter of an Irish lawyer, and his servant girl mistress. Raised her as a boy. dad , her and mistress move to Carolina. dad starts a plantation, get fairly rich.
She is notable as being quite attractive. she marries a smalltime pirate, James Bonny, and gets disowned.

The two move to Nassau.
She has an affair with Jack Rackham, and has a kid with him. Leaves her husband, and the kid, to go pirate with Rackham. Marries Rackham.
They meet Mary Read who was pretending to be a man, and joining crews. Apparently so effectively, Anne Bonny tried to have an affair with her, thinking Read was a man.

So the whole threesome thing with Rackham, is Anne, Jack, and Mary in reality. While here, we have Max, and no Mary. Anne inexplicably has this tragic women backstory, and kindof manish. Instead of a Anne being a hot rich women, who just loved adventure and excitement apparently. literally a free independent women, who took zero shit from anyone. I have no idea why anyone would rewrite that, to an abused child, who needed to be rescued.

all 3 got caught. Jack was hung. Anne, and Mary both pleaded pregnancy to avoid the noose. Mary died in prison. Anne is thought to have been pardoned(again, cause she is rich.) married to a plantation owner, and lived to 80 with like 8 kids.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
Damn, tonight's episode(7) was just plain great TV all around.

Eleanor getting naked again means I hate her slightly less. Will still be happy if the governor turns on her at some unexpected moment and kills her. But i guess it wouldn't be completely unexpected after max's little speech about how Eleanor is hurting his reputation.

Not showing max's lezbo scene was bullshit. like why even write that in if u not gonna show it. c'mon starz

Silver is quickly becoming my favorite character on the show.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I subscribed to Starz just for this show. What other solid Starz shows should I check out? I haven't watched any of them.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Still waiting for that sweet, luscious black girl to fuck John Silver and show those glorious breast!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
Yeah they are definitely setting that up.

Another awesome episode. that single-shoot carriage fight was great.