Black Sails

khorum

Murder Apologist
Black Sails comes out ahead but if Vikings showed Lagertha's and Siggy's titties there would be NO CONTEST.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Tried to binge this over the weekend based on RR recommendations, wife got bored and we could not make it out of the first few episodes, ended up watching prison break instead (how did I miss this one!)

When does this show start to rock and am I going to miss much if I FF to that part?

Juvarisx

Florida
My wife didn't like season 1 much either, but seasons 2 and 3 have a much better story, direction and acting which turns it from an OK show to an amazing show. She ended up really loving it, just have to slog through the first little while.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Also a lot of them mumble and have fucked up accents so get the subtitles and it's a lot easier to follow the kinda convoluted plot with less attention-strain.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
why the fuck would you watch a pirate show with your wife
Well, so far its boring. not sure what that has to do with the pirate theme.

She is keen on the killing and titties in GoT so I doubt the pirate life will scare her off, lack of action and story will tho!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Season 1 is only OK. It gets much better after that.
Really? I thought S2 was the weakpoint of the show. Other than Silver and Rackham's development, the "out of nowhere" reveal with Flint's character was so hamfisted that it was ridiculous.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

spronk

FPS noob
Black Sails To End After Season 4 | Deadline

frown.png

I'm glad they know when its ending before they start even writing season 4, but a total bummer that one of my absolute favorite shows is ending. On the other hand, the golden age of piracy pretty much ends in 1723 with the British Empire basically killing all the pirates, so not a real surprise here.

Hopefully some day they can do a pre-quel with the earlier generation of pirates, including the guys who plundered the Moghul trade routes and founded Nassau (Henry Avery, etc) and were the inspiration for Uncharted 4 and the founding of the mythical Libertalia.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It sucks to see it go, but I'm glad they aren't dragging it out with ridiculous storylines. Vayne's storyline got dicey enough for a while there as it was..

spronk

FPS noob
season 4, the final season, begins this sunday. Starz has also been auctioning off props from the show on ebay (like $5k for book props, $3k for clothes) which probably also means Treasure Island isn't happening soon :(

Oldbased

> Than U
Came to remind, see you fine people are on top of it.
As for the series, haven't watched but a few in season 1. Going to wait until about halfway through this season and binge it all.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I end up bingeing from the beginning every new season. Although i love this show while I am watching it I can't remember a fucking thing plotwise a few months later. Probably early onset alzheimers. Except for lots of tits...I do remember that.