Black Widow (2020)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
My overall experience after watching it was a good one. I liked seeing it on the Imax screen. Maybe that was one of the reasons I liked it after not being in a Movie Theater for well over a year, but I'm glad that I saw it. No complaints about this movie.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I really liked this. Good action type movie. I dont know shit about Taskmaster, but she was very lackluster and the villain was pretty lame. Definitely would of been better if it came out before Endgame since we already know how this movie ends.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Movie was much better than expected. I really enjoyed it. Felt a little late but the setting, story, and post-credit scene made it all much more relevant to me. This wasn't prequel heavy but more of a sub-chapter of the freshest part of Marvel in the audience's mind. I thought every character was given their just time and moment. Taskmaster was probably the weakest part but it was fairly clear that the villain was a bigger picture than a comic book namedrop.

I have to say, well-done on this one for the purpose it serves.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ok, I uploaded the after credits scene if anyone wants to see it. Not the best quality. I was just holding my phone for it.

I think this works... Let me know if it doesn't.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Hiding links behind spoilers doesn't hide it from scrapers.

Watched Bourne Identity and Supremacy recently, both superior movies. I'll take shakycam fights I can't follow yet still looks the combatants are doing damage to each other versus this quick cut bullshit where immortals tickle each other. Fights need stakes.

Russian kill squad is quite diverse. Reagan nor Communism ended the USSR, they went woke!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ok, I uploaded the after credits scene if anyone wants to see it. Not the best quality. I was just holding my phone for it.

I think this works... Let me know if it doesn't.
you're bad at this. its on youtube already.

• 1Picard

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
this movie coming out right now hardly makes any sense whatsoever. it should have come out at the time in chronologically happened and if it did a whole bunch more emotional beats that it was CLEARLY aiming for would have hit harder.

i'm not spoilering because they aren't plot points that actually make any difference.

taskmaster was stupid. taskmaster is an awesome character but i don't know what this thing was. if they did the character justice, and if it was released in the proper order, they could have added some minor b plot in end game where instead of "girls get it done" you could have taskmaster, red guardian, maybe baron mordo etc fighting with all the heroes. showing that they are trying to save the world too.

if it was released in order, you could also have had red guardian fighting along side captain america for some comedic effect. red guardian keeps considering himself a contemporary of cap, but keeps falling short until he stops trying to make it a competition and just does the right thing, earning some respect from cap and sort of burying the hatchet, so to speak.

the whole thing was billed as scarjo FINALLY getting a stand alone movie, except it's not even REALLY about her... so it ends up feeling like someone accidentally promised her a movie and when she read the script for end game, she was like, wait, aren't i supposed to get a movie? "uh... yeaaaaaah... we can squeeze you in." add that with how scarjo has been dogging the character lately, i wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.

the whole movie is about russians. there are like 2 characters in the movie that aren't russian. and yet the only actual russian in the film has 3 words to say in the entire movie.

ray winstone is fun actor. this was an awful role for him because he CANNOT get rid of his british accent and it makes him entirely unbelievable as a character. it is amazing to think that what we got were the best takes. just flabbergasted.

ultimately, it's fine? it's a competent film technically speaking (though some of the cgi was black panther levels), the story does what it needs to without being too flimsy or boring. the characters and their actions generally make sense... i just feel like it coming out now, AFTER phase 3 makes the story feel entirely out of place.

tl;dr, it's better than the tomorrow war

• 1Solidarity

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
i kinda noped out of D+ after Blacktain America scolded me for being white. happy you're enjoying it .
holy shit dude why do you waste your time in this, and many other, threads. Fucking energy vampire.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
L O L did they give a 50 year old woman blue hair?
Her character in the comics has a streak of colored hair. I think it's usually a white streak that matches nick fury's white sides, but it's probably insulting to ask a woman to put a white streak in her hair

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I thought this was quite alright. I laughed several times, I thought the banter between the sisters and father was entertaining, the fights were mostly good.

Not so great was the mother who was very forgettable, and most of all taskmaster who was awful, shit on the source material, and served no purpose. They should have just removed every scene it was in and it wouldn't harmed the movie at all, only improved it.

Overall I was well entertained.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Not great, not terrible. If I were forced to rank it, I'd say it's on the lower middle part of the spectrum.

worldx

Trakanon Raider
That was enough for my MCU fix. Rachel Weisz still got it. She's 51 btw (49? at the time of filming).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
ray winstone is fun actor. this was an awful role for him because he CANNOT get rid of his british accent and it makes him entirely unbelievable as a character. it is amazing to think that what we got were the best takes. just flabbergasted.

I couldn't figure out either why Ray Winstone was the bad guy, I like him as an actor but he always plays a british mobster. Making him a Russian bad guy is just ludicrously stupid since he will never pull off that accent, and there are a million character actors from movies/TV that could have played that part a LOT better. The Americans, Romanoffs, Chernyobl the bench is insanely deep with people who ACTUALLY SPEAK RUSSIAN.

The only reason I could come up with is that Ray Winstone looks like Harvey Weinstein, and ScarJo saw him and said "yes! Thats the perfect Weinstein looking human metaphor!" and put her foot down, since the project is basically her baby. Although its super bizarre that her "swan song" in the MCU, executive produced by her, treats her like a side character who mostly just watches other people do shit.

Actual quote by Ray Winstone's bad guy character in this movie, I kid you not:

"Young girls... the only natural resource the world has too much of".

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Movie was mostly forgettable. Found myself on my phone for a lot of it. Pugh and Harbour were the highlights of the film. Their comedy scenes were the best parts of the movie.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Yelena Belova will clearly be the New Widow going forward and I'm okay with that. Nice mixture of badass and snarky comedy.

• 1Like

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Scarlett didn't read the script, she only read the $$$ on her paycheck (15mil) so she can whine about women being underpaid.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users