Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Blade (2025)

Genre: Fantasy

Director: Yann Demange

Cast: Mahershala Ali, Delroy Lindo, Aaron Pierre, Mia Goth

Release: 2025-11-05

Plot: A film set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) based on the Marvel Comics character of the same name.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Would have been funny if they cast Timothy Chalemete%$# as Blade. Flip color the opposite way for once...

• 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

Because I am a vampire nerd, mostly from Castlevania- I will most likely actually watch this- unless it manages to be a complete mess of just woke trash

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I know it's the old man in me but this movie really doesn't need to be remade. 2&3 were forgettable but 1 was fucking badass. That club scene at the beginning blew me away. A movie that grabs you by the throat at the jump, sign me right the fuck up!

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I know it's the old man in me but this movie really doesn't need to be remade. 2&3 were forgettable but 1 was fucking badass. That club scene at the beginning blew me away. A movie that grabs you by the throat at the jump, sign me right the fuck up!
At least it isn't a remake. I have no problem with them reintroducing the character. Apparently all the Midnight Suns type characters are going to be darker than the normal MCU heroes.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It's one of those lines that I thought was super cringey at the time and now it's kind of in "it's so bad it's good' territory.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
How could anyone think that line was cringey? Doesn't make sense in the context of the movie, but still sounded cool as shit

DickTrickle

It felt like he was trying way too hard to sound badass at the end when he didn't need to. It was like an Arnold line but the movie was too brooding for that kind of thing to fit. It also made me laugh out loud because I mentally pictured it so that took me out of the moment for a second.

• 1Like

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Blade's got funny shit in it, man. That's part of the reason why besides Nomak (sp) being a cool fucking villian that the sequels weren't so great, those movies took themselves too seriously. But that line's in the same vein as when they used that crazy anime cartoon shit in the Nomak/Blade fight, sometimes it verged on self-aware/absurd.

• 2Like

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
How could anyone think that line was cringey? Doesn't make sense in the context of the movie, but still sounded cool as shit
This may be some mental gymnastics but stick with me.

Ice skating uphill would be difficult if not almost impossible to do. Nomak(sp?) Not being an elder or old one took on the difficult task of removing the elders, then figuring out the day walker thing and ultimately the god like ritual. All could be considered nearly impossible for a "common" vampire. Not to mention fighting Blade toe to toe which is no easy feat in itself.

So, "some mother fuckers always trying to ice skate uphill" makes sense.
1000001775.gif

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I mean I just assumed they had a whiteboard for "things involving blades"

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
never be able to replicate true cinema

Went that summer with a handful of buddies back in college to see the original. It was summertime and we were just looking for something to do, but little did we know how wonderful of a movie it was going to be. At that time it was pretty amazing, and that famous line at the end of the film had the entire theater roaring with laughter.

The CGI doesn't necessarily hold up any longer but it's still a damn good movie. I want to say Snipes supposedly stayed in character while on set during the entire shoot and was difficult to work with because he was being Blade.

I saw the other two in the theaters as well and they're pretty lackluster, but I think I'm going to have to go watch the first one again.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Went that summer with a handful of buddies back in college to see the original. It was summertime and we were just looking for something to do, but little did we know how wonderful of a movie it was going to be. At that time it was pretty amazing, and that famous line at the end of the film had the entire theater roaring with laughter.

The CGI doesn't necessarily hold up any longer but it's still a damn good movie. I want to say Snipes supposedly stayed in character while on set during the entire shoot and was difficult to work with because he was being Blade.

I saw the other two in the theaters as well and they're pretty lackluster, but I think I'm going to have to go watch the first one again.
Blade is still one of my favorite hero moves. I would rate it better than all DC movies and all but 3 or 4 other Marvel movies (IM1, GOTG1, A:IW, A:EG), although part of that is probably due to what age I watched Blade, vs what age I watched the Marvel movies.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Blade is still one of my favorite hero moves. I would rate it better than all DC movies and all but 3 or 4 other Marvel movies (IM1, GOTG1, A:IW, A:EG), although part of that is probably due to what age I watched Blade, vs what age I watched the Marvel movies.
Fucking Wesley Snipes was born for the role. Hell I remember the second one, seeing it with a couple of friends, and he does the cheesy catch the sunglasses at the end when he's all juiced up and about to fight all the vampires, it was a laugh riot but so awesome. Total schlock but I will say the first one is probably the best, but the other two are pretty goofy, but fun films.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

I saw the film with a significant black audience. It was a surreal experience. Not a single death in the film wasn't followed by someone shouting something. It was like MST3k but with people who actually loved the film unironically.

• 1Worf
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database