Blood Bowl 2

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Any team with AG3 can work throwing the ball, especially with cheap rerolls. Form a semi cage around the ball or a hand off relay guy, and you can force the defender to assign guys to deal with deep recievers instead of just bum rushing the cage. The cage is not the end all/be all of the game, its just the easiest strategy to understand and execute. In fact, the only reason it works as well as it does in BB1 online is because Grab is still broken and won't work on a blitz like it is supposed to. One or two grab guys pretty much makes caging extremely less powerful. But I totally get that in certain matchups and game situations you want to do a cage crawl down the field, its just as boring as fuck and all dwarves can do. In fact one of the main reasons I enjoy playing zons more than any other team is the flexibility of being either a pass or cage team if the situation demands. A game of perpetual cage up and murderball is just plain no fun, which is why many private leagues evaporate and the public one is such a shitshow.

Also, if you want to move the ball without caging all the time, dump off is an excellent skill.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I guess I don't know what to say, then, other than I really don't want to have to go out of my way to build a bashy team as something else entirely. I already thought I was doing ok by not really using PO, not giving everyone claw, and not making every single model a 'kill' unit, but the gist I'm getting is that to make some people happy I'd have to go completely out of my way to not cage half the time and play Chaos as an entirely different team? FFS, why not just ban teams like Chaos altogether?

Makes me happy I don't do hardcore league play now more than ever.

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
I guess I don't know what to say, then, other than I really don't want to have to go out of my way to build a bashy team as something else entirely. I already thought I was doing ok by not really using PO, not giving everyone claw, and not making every single model a 'kill' unit, but the gist I'm getting is that to make some people happy I'd have to go completely out of my way to not cage half the time and play Chaos as an entirely different team? FFS, why not just ban teams like Chaos altogether?

Makes me happy I don't do hardcore league play now more than ever.
Imo play how you want and if people are whiny cunts who forfeit turn 1 then enjoy the free MVPs and winnings.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
LOL DLC Teams are 8 bucks a pop on PS4. You have to own them to even see them as an opponent in single player. So that's another 130 bucks if you want the game with all the teams. This is looking more and more like a wait a year to buy it game.

PS- And now the BB1 servers are turned off. Well, that was fun while it lasted.....

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
Whoa they turned off the BB1 servers this quickly, before there even is decent roster of teams available in BB2?

What a fucking dick move!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Did they really shut down BB1 servers with no notice?

NM looks like it was just a reboot or something.
XOoDwZi.jpg

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
Good that would have been asinine since they don't even have any undead teams in the game yet. I'm not going to bother with BB2 until their team roster gets alot more fleshed out.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Good that would have been asinine since they don't even have any undead teams in the game yet. I'm not going to bother with BB2 until their team roster gets alot more fleshed out.
This was my first thought but I want them to have the revenue from a day one purchase thus allowing them to make more teams and eventually/hopefully all of them to date to include Khemri, Slann and Underworld. I love a good goblins vs Halfling match and would love to see them next but I imagine Norse and Nurgle are next.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Actually, the rumor is they are dropping Nurgle from the game (but keeping Khorne?) based on resources found in the PC files. Balance wise, the undead teams, Norse, and Zons are important to get into the mix as early as possible.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
This was brought to my attention, no idea how it works etc.

You can get Blood Bowl 2 for as low as 5 bucks.

Blood Bowl 2 STEAM CD-KEY RU/CIS - Buy cheap - G2A.COM

Make a fresh steam account using VPN (ie: vpnreactor.com) or something from a Russian IP. There's free trials you can use. Activate the game on that account, and you're good to go (VPN not required past activation).

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
This was my first thought but I want them to have the revenue from a day one purchase thus allowing them to make more teams
Or maybe don't give them money for their shitty games and just maybe GW will give the BB license to a studio that isn't total garbage.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I'm on Steam, and I figured I'd go look at where the BB2 reviews are right about now.

Almost 1,200 reviews...and they're rocking a solid 67% LOL. The reviews ranting about paywalls and microtransactions were also particularly lulzy

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
RNG is fucked. I had 3 characters die/dead in 3 hits. I play tabletop every week and never seen anything like that in 10 years, the amount of injuries and armour breaks seems way above average.

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
You can buy this game on g2a.com and activate it using a Russian VPN for like $4 or $5. I've just had 0 motivation to even look at it after all of the DLC team circlejerk bullshit, and hearing about how they're tweaking the rules of the game themselves. Long time moderator for the Cyanide forums Dode74 quit back at the end of October and left a pretty scathing post about Cyanide and BB2:Moderator post open : General

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
The DLC thing was but to bed by just giving both races to everyone that bought it but too little to late it seems. The changes to the rules I thought I could not care about but sadly all it did was make each race a little less diverse, which is bad news when your roster is already lacking. I really hope they get the mechanics on par with BB1 and then add ALL the races down the road. That is about the only thing that will keep people playing BB2 long term.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, the more I hear, the happier I am I didn't buy this.

I've noticed I take too long analyzing my moves in tabletop...think I might load up BB1 and try playing 1 minute turns or something to speed myself up.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
UPDATE 2.0.9.1 PATCHLOG :: Blood Bowl 2 General Discussions
UPDATE 2.0.9.1 PATCHLOG
Hey Coaches,

We are glad to release today the third big client update for Blood Bowl 2 on PC.
You can find more info HERE on our decision to offer 4 races to come to players who currently own Blood Bowl 2.

General info:
Version : 2.0.9.1
Size : 698 MB

Match
o Coach View: you can now activate the coach view and display a grid on the field along with other strategic information: the names of the players, their levels, their positional names and their skills. (keyboard: Ctrl)
o Teleport will now replace players movements during the set-up phase.
o Extended dice log: you can now open the dice log by clicking on it to display more information on the previous actions.
o The Juggernaut skill is now optional on 'Both Down' result: the cancel of Wrestle, Stand Firm and Fend is applied but the player can choose (or not) to change his result in a Push.
o AI speed has been improved.

Menus
o During the inducement phase, you can now have a look at your team and the opponent's team.
o Self-match validation in Round-Robin and Knockout competitions: players can now validate the result of their match without a commissioner if they both validate the match. This option can be turned-off.
o A feedback is displayed on the team shield when one player is ready to level up.
o In the roster page, a feedback is now displayed on the players who will miss the next game.
o News feed on the main page
o A new statistic tab has been added for all players.
o New search option for replays and lives: players can now search replay using team, coach and league names.
o You can now reconnect to a match after a crash.
o You can now turn-off subtitles.
o Fame and result dice are displayed at the end of a match.
o You can now change the settings of an active league and competition.
o You can now check the cost of the staff during team creation.
o New tie-breaker system
o It is now possible to access the match reports and replays in the schedule tab of a league (replays are available during 10 days on our server).
o A third half will start automatically at the end of the second match of a knockout competition in two legged tie if the two teams are to a draw after 2 matches.
o The Two Legged Tie matches now take into account the Touchdown gap to determine the winner.
o The Official BB2 League name has been updated as "Cabalvision Official League". More info on this here[forum.bloodbowl-game.com].

Bug Fixes
o Fix of a bug preventing the team with the higher team value to start choosing inducements in ladder
o Fix of an issue preventing the ageing system from working properly.
o It is now possible to Leap during a Pass Block, and to move several players with Pass Block during a Pass
o It is now possible to use Multiple Block after a succeeded Jump Up
o Fix of a ball desynchronisation issue when a player pick up the ball and dodge in the same movement.
o Fix of an issue preventing a turnover after the use of Shadowing skill
o The fireball effect is now compliant with the LRB6 and is not applied to the players already on the ground.
o Fix of an issue preventing the use of an Apothicary on a foul to be taken into account
o Fix of an issue consuming a reroll when a bribe was used.
o Fix of an issue blocking the turn timer at 0.
o Fix of an issue preventing the use of Multiple Block and Stab with a pad.
o The interception SPP are now properly gained when Safe Throw is used.
o Fix of a crash when using Dodge and Diving Tackle in certain conditions.
o Fix of an issue in the 8th campaign match causing the disappearance of the Cabalcopter event.

Known issues
o An administrator can't change the settings of a competition created by another administrator.
o An issue can occur with the name generation of the journeymen.
o The skill Claw takes into account the players with less than 7 AV as if they had 7 AV.

We have started in October the production of 4 additional races (Norse, Undead, Nurgle and Necromantic). As we want to thank you all for your support since the very beginning helping us make Blood Bowl 2 a great success, we decided that if you own Blood Bowl 2 on PC, you'll get these races for free!

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
nice that they giving free races

too bad the above should have been a patch halfway during beta, they actually fixed ageing which hardly anyone likes, and isn't even an official rule? revert that shit, thx

since its cyanide, this is fully in accordance with expectations