Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
They should've released dark souls 3 as a birthday present

oh wait they did

except for us shitlords in north america

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Finished the DLC right before my vacation last week. I had a lot more trouble with Orphan than with Laurence. I'm now just past Queelag in Dark Souls 1. I don't know why I took so long to check these games out, but they are quickly turning into my favorite games.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Favorite games of all time here for sure. They're actually fun to go back and play because you can easily destroy them.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Against my better judgment I started this back up after being all of the Scholar of the First Sin dlc. Had to start over because my old save was corrupted for some reason, so this'll possibly mean I won't be playing Dark Souls 3 day one if I decide to do multiple playthroughs. For now, though, I'm just rushing to the dlc areas. Started a few hours ago and haven't really gotten far - both bosses in Central Yharnam are down and I bought the 10k key thingie so I can do Old Yharnam later instead of now, because fuck that place.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Hmm, yeah I've got a save from right before the last fight that I used to get all endings. Having fun with this playthrough now, though. Decisions decisions.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Favorite games of all time here for sure. They're actually fun to go back and play because you can easily destroy them.
BSB down after 5 attempts, and, well - I'm not finding your assessment to hold true for Bloodborne and actually feel compelled to reevaluate the series difficulty hierarchy. This is the only entry out of all four where I've started a new character and found the difficulty comparable to the first run, and while I continue to feel that this game has a few limitations (the ones everybody else shares, or at least shared - before the DLC, which I haven't played) not found in the more traditional Souls games, I do find myself appreciating it waaay more than I did the first time.

Fucking masterpieces, all of 'em.

edit: and they really,really, REALLY,REALLYimproved the load times.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
BSB is a real bastard every time for me. I am always amazed at the speed runners taking him down in a few seconds with the firepaper/bloodpellet/pungent blood R1 R1 R2 sawcleaver strat but I stubbornly stick to just firepaper and parries. After him though it's pretty much one shot city outside the final DLC boss who I can still not parry for the life of me.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I felt like a champ after 2 tries by just going ham with my chain-whip while pillar dodging. Not nearly as boss as figuring out the Shadows of Yarnham fight on my first try, but still pretty boss.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
BSB was probably the hardest fight for me. It was early enough in the game where I just wasn't "good enough" yet. After that, I think the headless bloodletting beast in the defiled chalice dungeon probably gave me the most trouble.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I think BSB is pretty easy to parry though if you take the time to learn his patterns, man Parry is OP as hell in Bloodborne lol

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I was pretty shit with parry at that point. By the end of my playthroughs, I had improved significantly.

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
Finished the DLC right before my vacation last week. I had a lot more trouble with Orphan than with Laurence. I'm now just past Queelag in Dark Souls 1. I don't know why I took so long to check these games out, but they are quickly turning into my favorite games.
you've been missing out bro! I followed Demon Souls when it was released in japan, when I first played it I knew right away this series will be in my top play list ever. Hopefully one day we can get a full blown mmo version. Someday! :p

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I did briefly play Demon Souls when it was a freebie on PS+ several years ago. I just never got into it, as I had about 100 other PS3 games to still play.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The good news is the free games now are all SHIT, so plenty of time to catch up on it.

Actually I need to play Demon Souls too

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Logarius was by far the hardest for my on my first playthrough.

You guys that uaven't played Demon's - there was a rumor a few months ago that a remaster was in the works. I guess it'd be like DSFix is to the console version of Dark Souls - higher-res and better framerate, but still pretty old-looking.

Hope it pans out because it might be the best in the series

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I thought the problem was always it was published by atlus and not bando

I think I one or two-shot logarius, I heard he was really hard but for whatever reason I just destroyed him. Same thing with Erebritas or whatever.

Gehrman on the other hand... well over 50 attempts.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Hardest part of the Gehrman fight was realizing his sad story and the music and the scenery and you needed to fight with tears in your eyes.

About ~15 attempts for me.