Board Games

Duskoy

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thank you guys for the suggestions. Ended up nabbing "Tales from Red Dragon Inn" which I am going to go through the ruleset before I present it to them (this way I have a better grasp). It seemed up their alley and does not appear to be too complex.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Anyone play Middara? I am looking for a dungeon crawler that isn’t too complex as far as combat but has a good story etc. My two brother in laws are high functioning autistic and want to play a dungeon crawler type game and this popped up on the radar. Or does anyone have any other good suggestions?
My friends (and their wives) and I have been pretty hooked on Shadows Of Brimstone for a dungeon crawler. My friend and his wife liked it a lot more than D&D, felt it had more combat with less down time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
My friends (and their wives) and I have been pretty hooked on Shadows Of Brimstone for a dungeon crawler. My friend and his wife liked it a lot more than D&D, felt it had more combat with less down time.

Holy shit, that game looks awesome. I never knew I needed a wild West dungeon crawler.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
One of my co-workers years ago had kick started the like full version with all the bells and whistles, and then he had replaced all the money in the game with actual poker chips, and just upgraded and customized everything way over what the game came with. It was a very fun time. As I recall the game was barely simple, with your best bet almost always being to bunch up in a pathway so that monsters would have to come at you one at a time or two at a time. Still a lot of fun, but eventually we had started using some alternate rules we found online to spice things up.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Holy shit, that game looks awesome. I never knew I needed a wild West dungeon crawler.

Yeah it's good, it on the lighter side but still a lot of fun. Be careful though, it borders on a lifestyle game because if you do a deep dive it gets really expensive, there are a ton of expansions out for it. You could eventually end up in for thousands of dollars, like KDM or Too Many Bones. Still, I find it's a good balance between hardcore and casual gamers, and just a really fun/random coop dungeon crawler.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Yeah it's good, it on the lighter side but still a lot of fun. Be careful though, it borders on a lifestyle game because if you do a deep dive it gets really expensive, there are a ton of expansions out for it. You could eventually end up in for thousands of dollars, like KDM or Too Many Bones. Still, I find it's a good balance between hardcore and casual gamers, and just a really fun/random coop dungeon crawler.

Well, I mean, I own everything from the -Haven franchise, up until they went too woke to tolerate, but I've also gotten several YEARS of entertainment out of it. When that's what you do for fun, it ain't that big of an expense.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Now they have wild west, Samurai/Japan, Viking, and Conquistador. With a Eqypt/Atlantean and hell train coming down the line next.

One of my co-workers years ago had kick started the like full version with all the bells and whistles, and then he had replaced all the money in the game with actual poker chips, and just upgraded and customized everything way over what the game came with. It was a very fun time. As I recall the game was barely simple, with your best bet almost always being to bunch up in a pathway so that monsters would have to come at you one at a time or two at a time. Still a lot of fun, but eventually we had started using some alternate rules we found online to spice things up.
Sounds like that was the first KS (they have had 4 total now). A lot of newer enemies multi-target/hit now.

Its very much a lifestyle game, I own 90-95% of the game which was very pricey (not counting custom stuff for storage or to ease gameplay).

Mizake

Trakanon Raider

This is their latest KS, you can still late pledge.

The game is a little different because their are several different "Core" sets that are all stand-alone. Kind of like how Aeon's End or Too Many Bones released content.

Which "Core" to get you might ask? I think that would depend on which aesthetic you are looking for. The Western was the first one. The Samurai followed that one. I'm not sure of the order after that.

So if Ancient Egypt interests you, you could get the KS and not bother with any other content. Then, if you ended up liking the game, you can back fill whatever you wanted.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Ohh nice, yeah I had no clue! His was the wild west one, and yeah, the first Kickstarter. Very cool that its been successful and continued on like this. Thanks for the heads up!