Board Games

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Smash Up is a big headache and is far too mathy

I like Legendary, but it's middle of the pack for card drafting games. Rarely do I feel like any of us are making cohesive decks, like say in Dominion.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Thanks for the info! Right now, since we're new, we're really just playing the original (plus 6 player expansion) and enjoying it. I feel like if I throw those in right away people will get confused or something.
Once your group gets the hang of it, I would get the Explorers and Pirates expansion because it adds ships and a way to explore islands / add some cool elements like spice, fishing, etc. Just those two games are plenty in itself and really is best for the complexity involved but then if your group is all nerdy and wants more, add in Cities and Knights. Cities is fun because it allows you to upgrade your cities, etc., but it came out before Explorers and thus the little flip book you get with it, isn't completely compatible with Explorers but its an easy fix.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I picked up a game called Rampage over the weekend to play with my younger daughters (5 and 7) and I could see this becoming a great party/drinking type game no matter what the age. Flicking buses off a wooden Godzilla's nose at the little meebles and the kid's dinos was far more entertaining than I thought it would be. It also has rules to combine two boards together to make it a team based game which might be fun if I can talk anyone in to buying a second board.

Rampage | Board Game | BoardGameGeek

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Smash Up is a big headache and is far too mathy
Wat. Seems like the majority of the games could use a lot of math. Sure there is a lot of numbers going on, but if everyone knows basic math they should be able to count their own scores for themselves.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
My wife and I are really liking Pandemic. Although I find it far less fun with 2 players compared to 4.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Clean up is like 3 minutes, building your starship is around 6 minutes, then you just draw the cards. One game of GT can be completed in 30 minutes easily, we played like 10 games.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Playing ten games makes more sense
smile.png
Like half the game or more is on a clock so I was like WTF? It is super fun though. Really enjoy Galaxy Trucker. It's pretty light and random shit always happens.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I may have posted this earlier in the thread but I've played it more since then. Citadels is a pretty fun quick little card game. I haven't played with more than two yet sadly but we enjoy a few games between other stuff. The strategy behind it is simple once you get a few rounds in to it and learn the character abilities.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I enjoy Citadels quite a bit, but my girlfriend and all the guys in our gaming group don't like to play it for some reason.

In other news, I got Dominion this week and can't wait to try it out.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
New Pathfinder ACG is enjoyable, looking forward to grabbing the Shadowrun one soon too.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I enjoy Citadels quite a bit, but my girlfriend and all the guys in our gaming group don't like to play it for some reason.

In other news, I got Dominion this week and can't wait to try it out.
Dominion is a great game that I haven't had the chance to play for about 2.5 years. One or two expansion can really shake things up too, once you/your group figure out the most efficient path towards a win (which is a shame, but there are are certain orders that are much better than others).

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
If you like Citadels, try Love Letter. It's super cheap, super easy to learn and pretty fun as well.

Got the chance to play the new LCG from FFG last night called Warhammer 40k Conquest. Was seriously fun. I look forward to it's release. It has the best elements from all the other LCG's rolled in to 1.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
40k Conquest, not crusade.

FFG sure knows how to make LCGs and it is great to hop in them when they first release due to the staggering amount of datapacks/expansions they release. it would cost somewhere in the ballpark of $500 to get all the game of thrones expansions at this point.

Definitely plan on picking up the 40k one when it is released (love the universe, hate the minis game).

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I'm in the same boat, love the universe but for Mini's games I go to Warmachine/Hordes and recently Relic Knights.

I honestly hope FFG one day releazies that if they want retention and growth in an LCG that they don't need a 15 dollar pack every month and scale it back. In our Netrunner group almost everyone fell off because decks were changing so much a meta never even formed.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Probably true of a competitive LCG, but for a co-op I don't see the problem. LotR doesn't seem to suffer anything for its release schedule. Is Warhammer co-op, or competitive?

icarr757_sl

shitlord
Doomtown Reloaded is looking pretty good for a new lcg. $40/box gets you 2 of every card in the game. It has deck building, and movement based tactics. Almost kind of a L5R light in play style. Have only gotten to play 3 times so far but it is very interesting and learning new tactics with each game. Highly recomend it for folks looking for a new card game.