Boardwalk Empire

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Season takes place in 1931. That means Rothstein is dead by then (sadly), but we will see Capone's trial and Masseria will die.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
For being the last season I imagine its going to be pretty action packed in order to tie up so many stories.
This is one of their official promos:

rUpBPT6.jpg

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Started re-watching the most recent Boardwalk Empire season this past weekend. Already only have three or four episodes left. This show is so good.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Season takes place in 1931. That means Rothstein is dead by then (sadly), but we will see Capone's trial and Masseria will die.
Well, part of it. They could do a time jump partway through the season. I would warrant that is what they will do, I can't imagine them skipping the 1929 Rothstein shenanigans.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ya, they've invested way too much time into Arnie to not give him a proper send off. The actor and character deserve to die on screen. Can't fucking wait for this to come back, by far my favorite show on tv (maybe of the last 3-5 years?!).

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ya, they've invested way too much time into Arnie to not give him a proper send off. The actor and character deserve to die on screen. Can't fucking wait for this to come back, by far my favorite show on tv (maybe of the last 3-5 years?!).
It's too bad they cancelled the show because Terence Winter had a deal with HBO (when Scorsese was actively producing the thing) to run the show story wise until 1933 (when most stuff happened). As a fan or Winter's writing, I would have liked for Boardwalk Empire to run 2 or 3 more seasons with new characters as good as Jimmy, Van Alden, Capone or Harrow and kickass scenes (Harrow's Brothel Rampage and some other trackshots).

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Too bad they kind of axed the show since Terence Winter had a mouth contract with HBO (when Scorsese was actively producing the thing) over going from scratch until 1933 (when most stuff happened). As a Winter's writing fan, Boardwalk Empire got sideways with exceptional character writing (Nucky, Jimmy, Van Alden, Harrow, etc) and top notch directing (Harrow's Brothel Rampage and some other trackshots).

Boardwalk Empire is David Chase's The Sopranos direct heir : exceptionally well written characters with commited actors and badass production (well until some point). Now that BE has an end date I'm just gonna watch the whole show again, because that wiseguy impersonating Napoleon is probably the best photo shot I've seen from some time. Boardwalk Empire was the neolithic age of organized crime, only some monkeys found a way to sell fire. Who cares about matches when someone is forceflully pulling matches down your throat ?
I have put this post into google translator and still no luck on figuring out what language is being spoken. any help?

spronk

FPS noob
whoah thats a huge time jump, season 4 took place in 1924 apparently.

it also skips over the beginning of the Great Depression, which basically triggered off the massive stock selloff on Black Tuesday stock market crash, Oct 1929. Prohibition isn't lifted until 1933.

season 5 is only gonna be 8 episodes unfortunately, compared to 12 for previous seasons.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Who the fuck did Winters piss off? Was this show not getting good ratings or something?

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ratings were ok (nothing amazing), but it was a very expensive show to produce.

khalid

Unelected Mod
They thought this show was going to be the new HBO flagship, the next Sopranos. Game of Thrones pretty much completely stole its thunder and it hasn't even managed to be much of a critical success even.

Don't get me wrong, I love the show, but I can see why HBO isn't happy with it atm. However, after Sopranos, the HBO lineup seems pretty lacking other than Game of Thrones so it seems weird to cut it short. True Detectives was great, but they will have a new cast so who knows how that will turn out. The Leftovers is someone's sick joke.