BOSTON marathon bombing verdict

khorum

Murder Apologist
The delay was because he was appealing, do you know if Tsarnaev will appeal?
Defense filed for a change of venue on four different occasions, which were all denied, obviously. Three of those requests were made AFTER jury selection so an appeal based on venue would have to prove that the outcome would've been dramatically different elsewhere. But it's a Federal case so the jury and the court would've been the same anywhere else so that's that.

Most importantly, the case they made was that Dzokhar was compelled by his brother and an appeal would have a long way to dismiss shit like this:
9ac33529d8d746d5ab79761ab55ec535-9ac33529d8d746d5ab79761ab55ec535-0.jpg

McVeigh never had a confession and proclaimed his innocence throughout and his appeals had some weight because they argued that Terry Nichols was the mastermind instead of McVeigh (and Nichols got life).

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
McVeigh's rushed (relatively speaking) execution was about as thoroughly Un-American as what we did to Saddam. This? I dunno, seems like a fucking circus. When even the parents of the dead victims are asking for him to get life without parole so they don't have to deal with the appeals process, you know that our system is seriously fucked and maybe we shouldn't be executing people period.

Bill and Denise Richard, parents of the youngest of the three killed in the bombings, urged against a death sentence for Tsarnaev. They stated that the lengthy appeals period would force them to continually relive that day, and would rather see him spend life in prison without possibility of release.

khorum

Murder Apologist
We execute people with flying robots everyday. That's pretty much as American as it gets.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
McVeigh's rushed (relatively speaking) execution was about as thoroughly Un-American as what we did to Saddam. This? I dunno, seems like a fucking circus. When even the parents of the dead victims are asking for him to get life without parole so they don't have to deal with the appeals process, you know that our system is seriously fucked and maybe we shouldn't be executing people period.
McVeigh's "rushed" death sentence was his own choice.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Why do you hate the constitution so much kegkilla?
consitution protects us from "cruel and unusual" punishment... i don't see how torturing this child killing, America hating piece of shit would be either "cruel" or "unusual" given the context.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I was involved in a death penalty case a few years ago (in California) and the DA explained that there is one automatic appeal, but all that involves is someone looking over the case and making sure that there wasn't some sort of shenanigans going on with the trial. When they talk about the death penalty costing more "because appeals" I always imagined it to be some sort of process with multiple trips to court, lawyers, juries, etc. and not just some guy reading through the case to see if it was legit. The DA also explained that it would take 15 YEARS before this person actually got around to starting on the appeal process. It's not really that the appeals are that time consuming or expensive, just that as usual the system has its head up its ass with red tape.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
consitution protects us from "cruel and unusual" punishment... i don't see how torturing this child killing, America hating piece of shit would be either "cruel" or "unusual" given the context.
The context is that there is absolutely no context in which the constitution ceases to apply to American citizens at home? Dozekar is an American citizen.

*edit*

I mean I'd be all for one of the relatives of his victims kidnapping him en route to prison and torturing him to death very slowly and painfully. I just will never, under any circumstances, condone the Government doing the same, or knowingly turning a blind eye when someone else does it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I mean I'd be all for one of the relatives of his victims kidnapping him en route to prison and torturing him to death very slowly and painfully. I just will never, under any circumstances, condone the Government doing the same, or knowingly turning a blind eye when someone else does it.
Juries are very sympathetic to revenge dads, the case ppl will always cite

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Saw it live on TV in Baton Rouge growing up, it was very big news prior to the shooting and everyone was talking about it and I was 13 and taking karate at the time.... My dad knew his family (of the shooter). Gary Plochauet (the shooter) died last year.

Had an interesting coversation about it a few months ago. I was at the BR airport and they were moving a prisoner thru with lots of bodybuards and the person I was picking up knew Gary Plochauet and we petty much agreed they might have a valid reason as to why.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Saw it live on TV in Baton Rouge growing up, it was very big news prior to the shooting and everyone was talking about it and I was 13 and taking karate at the time.... My dad knew his family (of the shooter). Gary Plochauet (the shooter) died last year.

Had an interesting coversation about it a few months ago. I was at the BR airport and they were moving a prisoner thru with lots of bodybuards and the person I was picking up knew Gary Plochauet and we petty much agreed they might have a valid reason as to why.
name spelt wrong Gary Plauche
To this day, he maintains in every interview that, "If it had been your son who was sexually abused by that pervert, you would have done exactly the same thing I did, if you had been given my opportunity."
Died of a 2nd stroke at 68, and did speaking gig stuff against sexual violence.

Dr. Edward P. Uzee examined Gary Plauche and determined that he could not tell the difference between right and wrong when he killed Doucet. A voice inside Plauche's head was telling him that he had to kill Doucet or he would continue to abuse and harm his son. Uzee also determined that Doucet had the ability to manipulate others and took advantage of the fact that Gary was separated from his wife June at the time, and had managed to wedge his way into the Plauche family. Judge Frank Saia ruled that sending Plauche to prison would not help anyone, and that there was virtually no risk of him committing another crime.
lol you know that doctor lying!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why was the doctor lying? That's a textbook example of a temporary insanity defense. Sure it doesn't convince judges/juries very often, but it's a viable legal defense.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Let's be honest, he would not and did not go after any other person like that. But if he had the opportunity he would have done far worse than simply shoot him.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I never really bought him as a dyed in the wool Jihadi, so all the "lol pig blood bullets lol" comments I don't think would mean fuck to him. His brother and mother clearly were in that vein, though.
Even if it didn't bother him, I bet it would bother the shit out of his scumbag family. May as well troll the shit out of them.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
name spelt wrong Gary Plauche

Died of a 2nd stroke at 68, and did speaking gig stuff against sexual violence.

lol you know that doctor lying!
Thanks. I gave up on coon ass names a LONG time ago. Have problems with my sisters last name even tho she's been married to the same one for 30 years.