Box office flops that deserve a sequel

supertouch_sl

shitlord
the first that comes to mind is john carter. it suffered from poor marketing but the movie is pretty decent and the ending sets up a sequel perfectly.

my second choice would be dredd

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
the first that comes to mind is john carter. it suffered from poor marketing but the movie is pretty decent and the ending sets up a sequel perfectly.

my second choice would be dredd
I'm going to agree with both. I liked both of those movies.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
rrr_img_31345.jpg

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Good find Mala. Can't believe Strange Days bombed, I thought that was an awesome movie. Wouldn't mind seeing more. Others like The Majestic just seems a travesty that they bombed, but it's certainly not in need of a sequel.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
Top Gun 2. Instead of homoerotic volleyball we can have homoerotic drone piloting. Replace Russian with Chinese... and... the plot, "In the year 2016, naval aviator "Iceman" is lost over *those contested-Japan-China-islands* Tensions are high. Mounting a rescue mission, Maverick leads a combat air patrol over contested air space.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
John Carter was rubbish. It should have been 2 hours of the scene where he dove in to the army with the two swords. That shit was baller time.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dune.

Although the Sci Fi miniseries was better in a lot of ways, but that wasn't a "box office flop" so whichever.

I'm sure anyone tasked with a Dune chronicles film for Hollywood today would shit all over it in some manner though so maybe its best left to those two adaptations. Or maybe another miniseries would be the way to go. HBO this time!

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
what was that one movie where a kid had a dirtbike that had a mind of its own, damn that was a good fucking movie.