Brave Frontier

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
I didn't get a Lario
frown.png
. Still, like 5 free gems.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Anecdotal success: used my Summon ticket and got Medina. Wasn't about to waste gems on these units - they don't seem that grat overall and there's no rateup. Pretty excited.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah I'm a 3 day old newbie and went in and had all kinds of stuff, including both units mentioned. Also just picked up Uda.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Michele's ggc is up. Cleared it with kanon lead, griel, shera, rize, ragashelm, and raaga friend.

Atk down and injury are necessary, the more atk down the better. Also need an angel idol to live through the last stage. More compensation got sent out, don't forget to check your boxes.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Was looking at this Medina that I just evolved and something hit me: she doesn't seem that great. She has a better leader skill than Kikuri, Kikuri seems better elsewhere - higher dropchecks, (slightly) better BC on hit buff, and vastly better stats - even as a Guardian, my Kikuri has like 11.6k hp and monstrous attack. Medina will still probably lead a squad for grand quests, but .... eh, Kikuri's still a more monstrous monster, right? Hoping a few of you veterans chime in.

edit: Though I imagine that Medina could be great in trials because I don't know of many units with as many ways to manipulate a BB gauge.

OneofOne

BTW, thanks Doc and Tolwen for essentially PL'ing me through the quest line. The gem income has been rather nice.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Lol np, though I'm a little surprised Raaga did so much work for you since he really needs a strong and high hitcount team to fill gauges and do crazy damage during those sparks. Shera's good for that, for sure, but who else are you using now?

OneofOne

My current team is Rosetta (25 combo AE), Shera, Rigness (leader), and Elulu (2 combo AE, phear her!)

I'm good for now lanx. They ALREADY "fixed" violent proc rate a few weeks ago.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was looking at this Medina that I just evolved and something hit me: she doesn't seem that great. She has a better leader skill than Kikuri, Kikuri seems better elsewhere - higher dropchecks, (slightly) better BC on hit buff, and vastly better stats - even as a Guardian, my Kikuri has like 11.6k hp and monstrous attack. Medina will still probably lead a squad for grand quests, but .... eh, Kikuri's still a more monstrous monster, right? Hoping a few of you veterans chime in.

edit: Though I imagine that Medina could be great in trials because I don't know of many units with as many ways to manipulate a BB gauge.
Don't have either but I think your assessment is correct. Medina is good for trials and places with bb drain. Kikuri is better for normal use.

Japan announced farlon, signess, alyut, and lunaris are getting 7*s next. They need to release these faster on global, sitting on a maxed imp edea, oulu, and ultor waiting for their 7*

OneofOne

Just summoned an Elza and got a free Rina. Not sure if I should start dumping gems for unit slots or get rid of some of these 5* units that thisBrave Frontier Long Term Tier Listsays is bad. I haven't hit item space limits yet, but I'm constantly having to deal with units throughout the day so I can keep questing.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
I'd hold off on getting rid of any 4* + units unless you have duplicates. If you've got more than 1, choose the unit with the worst typing and get some achievement points from it. But Gumi is steadily releasing 7* forms for outclassed units. As someone who's foddered Loch, Edea (accident, but still), Alyut and Lava, I feel qualified to tell you it's infuriating.

Buying more unit space is always a safe investment - I'm at like 290 and feel comfortable there, with about 160-170 always taken up by units I don't wanna fodder + whatever imps, crystals, frogs and evo units I've got on hand. It's more than enough, but I got sick of having to stop questing to deal with unit overflow every 5 quests. The first Frontier Hunter I did surprised me with the amount of gems it gave me, so I grimaced inwardly, took a shot and blew them all on unit/inventory space. Sucked at the time but I have no regrets about it anymore.

Inventory space is even worse. One of the few gems purchases I've made went entirely toward inventory space. Again, a very safe, albeit painful, investment.

With your Elza, you've got Rosetta, Shera, Rigness, Elza, something shitty, and friend unit, right? The first four are really nice, so keep them evolved and sphered and they'll probably get you through all the quests up to and possibly including the most recent one. There's really not a great reason to summon anymore - unless you wanna fill that fifth slot withsomething- until the next rateup.

And daaaaaaaaamn Ishad you made my day. <3 Lunaris. Summoned her on my first day playing and used her until I quit. She was outclassed by the time I returned.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Be careful with that tier list. If you pull, say, a Lilly Matah, you're entitled to jump for joy, to be sure, but don't go crazy imping her out or anything. She's there because her abilities are (were) hard to replicate, not because she's worthy of inclusion on any squad. That list is becoming inexplicable to me, as most of the meta units fail to qualify by the document's rhetoric. I think they're now going for elite vs...more elite, with some outclassed units that are now superseded by superior options still included. Grah not being meta baffles me.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
So... I can't access the grand gaia quests. any things i missed for it? I just finished the storyline quest, but have no idea what else I need to do :|

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Trial X1 roflstomped - not sure why I haven't attempted these before. Shoulda known Raaga, Kanon, Shera, Claire and Kikuri + Grah friend would trivialize such old content. 5 of 6 actually got wiped out at the end because I didn't know the fight and had stopped paying attention, but the dude was low enough that Kanon + revived Raaga and Kikuri finished it.

Lost on my first attempt at X2 but didn't know the fight and only had one squad. Switching to Kanon lead seemed terrible in retrospect, as 3 enemies per battle is definitely a Raaga fight. Made it most of the way through anyway.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Reinstalled and grand quests opened up, so I've got something new to focus on beyond RC3/Trials. Blew through Edea chronicle... are the others worthwhile?

velk

Trakanon Raider
Damned michele GGC just goes on and on and on and on and on and on.

Pro-tip - focus fire Tiara first, otherwise you might end up with just her left and not quite doing enough damage to overcome her healing due to the monstrous BC drop resistance.