Brave Frontier

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm 306-22 in arena basically because I'm a huge pussy and never fought anyone that looked like they would beat me (lower hero level, lower arena rank). But recently I've been picking people that will reward 150-200 if I can.

I figured there were people with big wins no loss like me who only pick safe fights but are comparable in level to me. Usually don't fight them. Then there are people with a more even radio that I like to fight.
The arena is kind of messed up. It's low risk high reward. Attack someone way higher than you and you get tons of points for winning, or -10 for losing. Fight someone close to or below your level and you get minimal points for winning, and lose hundreds for losing.

My criteria for battles is someone 2500-3000 points above me, generally with a poor win/loss ratio (which lately means something like 700-200, or 1000-350), and not more than 30 levels above me. That gets harder as I progress though, because I basically never see anyone within 5 levels of me (and literally no one below my level). I've had to jack up who I face too, and regularly fight guys 100-110, while I'm 73 at the moment.

It starts to matter less about what their team is, and it becomes entirely about luck. If I can kill one of their guys in the first round, I'll probably win. If I don't, I absolutely have to have a BB go off in the 2nd round. If neither of those happens, I'm guaranteed to lose.

My record is 725-100.

My favorite battles are ones like this. Usually kill 1-2 on the first round, fills Lira BB, and then Lira BB to wipe the rest out. 80 seconds remaining. I think I had an 81 second one once. Edit: And of course I posted the wrong SS, with 78 seconds remaining. But fuck finding the right one...

rrr_img_75788.jpg

MossyBank

N00b
Yeah the tap around the refresh button trick is a life saver, I didnt find out about it till a few weeks into playing BF. This is my Arena record/team.

cPUUKy7.jpg
CewdYzG.jpg

The unit you place at the top left should be one that has a valuable brave burst... if I had a Lodin i'd put him here cuase his BB will go off first and refill the rest of my teams BB meter, for now I put lilith in there for the dmg.

Some of the best arena units in the game right now are: Lira, Farlon, Ophelia, Lodin, Serin, so if you have any of those guys, put them into your arena team, and try to give them Muramasa spheres or angelic foils if you have those.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
those are attacks remaining, not seconds, right?
Nope, seconds. Starts at 90. Meaning I won in 12 seconds.

Also, I've never heard about putting the one in the top left corner. My Lira is bottom left. Really, I haven't noticed anyone going off more often than any others.

MossyBank

N00b
It doesnt increase the chance of it going off, but the unit on the top left will attack first.. so if that unit has a BB that might effect the rest of your arena squad, you should place it on the top left, so the BB goes off first. That's why Lodin is one of the best arena units, cuase if his BB goes off, he fills the other 4 units BB meters, increasing the chances of more BB going off. I put lilith there cuase usually she has BB ready even before Lira or Farlon, (13 BC fill rate, versus 15 for Lira/Farlon). And hers is a single target that will 1 shot any unit, so the other units won't attack something that's dead. (in my testing this works most of the time.)

If you have a unit that buffs your units, you would want them in this spot too, like Michelle, or Duel-SGX or something like that.

velk

Trakanon Raider
That's why Lodin is one of the best arena units, cuase if his BB goes off, he fills the other 4 units BB meters, increasing the chances of more BB going off.
Sort of - Lodin is more valuable because he has two leader skills, 30% to fill rate and 50% to rainbow team. Best of both worlds there, as you get the raw damage to oneshot opposing team members with normal attacks as well as a much higher than normal bb fill. He also couples that with a truly boss atk stat ( 2120 for lord I think ? )

Makes for a picky team composition though. You'd want something like Lodin/Lira/Farlon/Ophelia/Raydn, which is pretty hard for most people to get, have to make tough choices about whether the damage bonus is worth it over a sub-par arena unit.

I don't think arena really justifies much in the way of min-maxing though, even a hopelessly bad team has a more than 5% chance of beating the best team so the 200 to -10 means you can just keep climbing with pretty much anything.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Thanks for the tip. I reorganized my group (Lilith and Lira at the top). 2nd fight was an 81 seconds remaining kill, easily.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I put Esel up top and damn, 2 wins right off the bat. More deep breathes etc.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
tumblr_static_nice.jpg

Although I read somewhere (I think reddit) that they were going to eventually make the super runs 3 keys instead of 1. I wonder if they do this and then make the exp go from 40 to 15 or leave them at 40.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd stop running it if it were 3 keys. Honestly, it's barely worth it at 40 cost at the moment. I basically get to run it once, then 2 regulars, and have to spend a gem. I think I ran it 3 times today, and not a single crystal.

Those odds aren't high enough.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Ran it 3 times myself without any crystals, but the extra drop rate on gods kinda makes up for it. The crappy thing is not being able to choose your element. Element specific super metal parades, wru?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've done a smp 3 times today and I've only had one crystal. The other two times, I don't think I would be to far off exp wise if I just used that 40 energy for the element specific 15 energy runs. I might even have been better off, considering I would have basically ran the 15 three times. I just don't think it's all that special. The energy spent vs reward is definitely questionable in my mind.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I agree. Did my 4th run and still no crystals. I could have ran regular ones like 20 times for that amount of energy.

I've got my 2nd 1500 Brave Points. Currently have 2x Muramasa, and 1x Angelic Foil. Is another Angelic Foil worthwhile, or should I go with the summon ticket? I'd really like some new units; hoping for a solid water unit to complete my team, but really could go for anything.

velk

Trakanon Raider
I agree. Did my 4th run and still no crystals. I could have ran regular ones like 20 times for that amount of energy.

I've got my 2nd 1500 Brave Points. Currently have 2x Muramasa, and 1x Angelic Foil. Is another Angelic Foil worthwhile, or should I go with the summon ticket? I'd really like some new units; hoping for a solid water unit to complete my team, but really could go for anything.
Angelic Foil is farmable, summon tickets are not - only one of them is going to make you kick yourself once you have the town maxxed out ;p

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Especially if you take into account that you can do element specific reliably. // I pulled the tree yesterday. But I really wanted the new ivy. I'll have another 5 gems to blow on that tonight. Here's to the lottery!!!

moontayle

Golden Squire
I grabbed a summon ticket and promptly pulled a baby Felneus (Leviathan). Didn't really bother to check type because I figure any is better than Selena.

patrick

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Did they fix that sploit where you leave it on the choice level while your energy refills? Tried to do that with the super parade, and when I came back it restarted the app. Granted it was like 8 hours, but I didn't close the app or anything. Oh well

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Did they fix that sploit where you leave it on the choice level while your energy refills? Tried to do that with the super parade, and when I came back it restarted the app. Granted it was like 8 hours, but I didn't close the app or anything. Oh well
worked last night with the weekend dungeon for me. gonna do it with the super metal tonight as well.