Breaking Bad

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
I'm willing to believe that Walt was just inconsistent when it came to the expression of his ridiculous pride. Kinda like he was always fighting this internal conflict which he occassionaly lost, and that he stopped fighting entirely when he got his cancer. That's what I take away from them never explaining the backstory. I would prefer if they did, but I think they would have done better (much better) to not lead with the "nobel prize in chemistry" and used some less cheap/lofty way to assert that this dude is fuckin smart, yo.

I liked about 3/5ths of Breaking Bad. There was too much filler for me to put it in the "best show ever" category along with The Wire and Mad Men. Any time a woman not named Lydia was on screen the entire thing just ground to a screeching thud. For me, that's kinda a problem. But 3/5ths of it is GREAT.
Same. Pretty much did the whole show over a month or so on netflix and any time the story shifted to his home life was just fucking unbearably boring. Skyler is a screeching weiner and the show would have improved if Gus ended up wasting his family.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I liked the home life stuff too. But I can't imagine that Cranston was being serious with that, Walt is dead. And he needs to stay dead.

spronk

FPS noob
prison break season 4: walter white edition
or
star trek 3: walter white returns as v'ger
or
lost: walter white is the devil black smoke in heaven tempting jack to go back
or
breaking fast: walt jr in 15 years builds a cereal empire

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
better call saul is what i imagined cranston was talking about as well. walter white as a character is dead and if not his storyline sure as hell is. when walt died he was maybe a few weeks or less from dying of cancer. his family has been destroyed, his business is gone. jesse raced away so fast he ended up trapped in a video game. there is nothing left to do.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Silly question regarding these "copies" ...I know many shows have them.

It seems a show like BB would have worked better , if they just ran our version and dubbed the language. I wonder why they did not?

A show like "The Office" can work on a remake sure...but BB had such legendary acting, I wonder why they didn't?

Did it cost less for them to recreate? (Basically scene for scene)

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Silly question regarding these "copies" ...I know many shows have them.

It seems a show like BB would have worked better , if they just ran our version and dubbed the language. I wonder why they did not?

A show like "The Office" can work on a remake sure...but BB had such legendary acting, I wonder why they didn't?

Did it cost less for them to recreate? (Basically scene for scene)
Have you ever watched something dubbed?

Why didn't the US just show the British Office with American voice overs?

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Have you ever watched something dubbed?

Why didn't the US just show the British Office with American voice overs?
My point exactly...The Office was based on the premise, not a shot-for-shot remake.

It used different characters, although most of them had the same traits. (And IMO not as good as the British version)

Edit: And I am an idiot...I just realized your "American voice over" comment on a show in English. (Well done)

Chris

Potato del Grande
Wasn't at least some of The Office a shot for shot remake? There are some hideous pilots of remade UK shows around on youtube, some shot for shot and some remade so that the midwest can understand it.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I SUMMON WALTER WHITE FROM THE DEAD!

So I've always considered myself a nominal BrBa fan. I thought it was just okay. However, since I've been big into Better Call Saul, I've been binging out on BrBa for my second run through the series. Much better this time around so far. Though I still don't care for Hank's over the top meathead character (which they tone down on in later seasons imo).

It's also strange seeing just how shady as fuck Jimmy is in BrBa. Watching him try to do the right thing in BCS for two seasons made me forget just how much of a criminal he is in BrBa.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Bro you should come hang out in Texas/New Mexico, there's a lot of bros just like Hank, I thought it was a good portrayal.