British TV Comedies

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Running Dog_sl

shitlord

Man I'm pissed the IT crowd didn't go on longer. Those two actors that left for american movies never really did anything so maybe we will eventually get another season.

Richard Ayoade is actually a very busy guy; he writes and directs his own films now (Submarine, which was excellent, and The Double, which I've not seen). As well as the acting, writing and directing, he also works with Chris Morris in the Warp Records / Warp Films companies, he's into music.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
i've been watching peep show / alan partridge. fucking hilarious. i think im up to season 5 or 6 of peep show. hands down one of the best shows i've ever seen. the humor combined with twisted, dark introspection is spot on. as the brits say, "fucking brilliant!"

i vaguely remember seeing peep show, or at least a commercial for it, on comedy central in the early 2000's.
Peep Show is the best comedic series of any nationality I've ever seen. Hands down.

spronk

FPS noob
haven't watched it yet but just saw a new comedy on my BTN feed,Upstart Crowstarring David Mitchell (Peep Show, etc) as Shakespeare, looks funny

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Edit: Never mind. That's what I get for not checking the last page before posting.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
How has no one mentioned Only Fools and Horses, bit dated now but everyone in the UK would have watched this show, some of the funniest moments in British Sitcom History are in this show.

As mentioned The Thick of It and the spin offs are brilliant, as someone who used to work in the Government sector honestly it feels like they watched how it worked for a few years and just turned it into a show, so accurate it is unreal.

The Fast Show and Harry Enfield and friends always worth a mention. Trigger Happy TV was brilliant but again I suspect might be a bit dated now given the influx of YouTube Pranksters. Also Celebrity Juice must get a mention but not sure if the humour would transfer to other nations

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Detectorists -http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4082744/

It really snuck up on my wife and I. There are only two very short seasons and then a Christmas episode, we wish there were more. It is very dry, has a sweet sense of humor, not a typical broad comedy at all. I don't think this is for everybody but if you like this kind of thing, they nailed it.

spronk

FPS noob
well that sucks, downloaded a few episodes of season 18 of QI and it turns out Stephen Fry is no longer the host, he quit last year after 13 years. The new host is one of the women regularly on the panel, the older blonde woman (Sandi something I think?) but it just feels like its missing something without the bumbling, professorial Mr. Fry. Deleted the rest of the episodes, still have 2-3 years worth of past seasons I haven't watched.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Speaking of Richard Ayoade he was a "team captain" on a 1 series panel "quiz" show that has all of its episodes up on Youtube called "Was it Something I Said". Lots of names from the series you've all already mentioned here and is hosted by David Mitchell.

First episode is a little slower than the other ones (mostly because of Jimmy Carr) but it's one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The film of The UK Office is now on Netflix - it's not really a sequel to The Office as only Ricky Gervais' character appears.

spronk

FPS noob
For those Peep Show, Mitchell and Webb etc fans they have a new show called "Back" out, about two guys in the countryside running a pub after their dad dies. Saw the first episode, it was ok, probably gets better as it gets crazier

Chris

Potato del Grande
New (3 episode) season of League of Gentlemen starts in two hours after something like 14 years, really excited. They said in an interview how they stand by the transexual sterotype character and blackface rapist character so I'm ready for twitter outrage!

I rewatched season 1-3 to prepare (fuck the movie) and saw somewhere I worked in the credits as a filming location. Turns out I live really close to it, what the fuck! Going to go visit it soon since its 30 mins away by train :)