Butthurt white guys, an Asian virgin and an angry lesbian walk into a bar...

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Well, to clarify then.

Why would you, Jais, take precautions to prevent something happening to you, that has no danger of happening to you? You are MAN NOT PREY, after all. Why does it make someone a less able individual if they choose to protect themselves from a danger that they themselves face on a day-to-day basis, with minimal effort? Why do you seem to have a problem with individuals protecting themselves from harm when they are entering into a situation where they may become intoxicated?

Spell it out like I'm mega level dumb, please. I'm truly intrigued.
If I'm at zero risk, I would under take zero precautions.

You original quote that I took issue with was thus

Had that same woman I spoke of above had an understanding with her friends, that she should be removed from any situation in which she was going home alone with someone she just met when she had been drinking. If one of their group remained intentionally sober, and they had a policy of being always together at the club...
If you need a support group to go out and have a few, mayhaps you shouldn't go out and have a few. I don't know about you, but when I head to the local with the guys, I don't have a safety briefing before hand.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Mist... Not only are you a lesbian, you are also probably 35+ years old. The probability of you getting raped in the situation described above has been slim-to-nil for the last decade.

I think you are probably safe to have a fucking drink.
Most people guess I'm 24-26, because I'm short + I don't smoke, drink or stay out in the sun when I'm not running or doing yard work, unlike most of the beach hags around here.

No one knows I'm gay IRL. My family is still puzzled over how I got to 33 without having a boyfriend.

Catholics.
rolleyes.png

Quaid

Trump's Staff
If you need a support group to go out and have a few, mayhaps you shouldn't go out and have a few. I don't know about you, but when I head to the local with the guys, I don't have a safety briefing before hand.
Dude this is so silly on so many levels that it's making me laugh...

You don't have a 'safety meeting' before 'heading to the local with the guys'... Because you are a fucking guy. You are in no danger of being raped... That's why you don't take precautions against it. Unfortunately, women are in that danger, and what I described above is a perfectly reasonable course of action.

I mean, it must be pretty shitty knowing that you could be the target of rape just because you are physically weaker than a full 50% of the population. That's a reason to not leave your house in itself. That risk is even higher when an intoxicant is involved... And now you want to tell women that even trying to protect yourself from it makes them... lame?... Weak?... What are you saying exactly?

Why do you hate them dude?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Most people guess I'm 24-26, because I'm short + I don't smoke, drink or stay out in the sun when I'm not running or doing yard work, unlike most of the beach hags around here.

No one knows I'm gay IRL. My family is still puzzled over how I got to 33 without having a boyfriend.

Catholics.
rolleyes.png
Mist... Nobody knows? Come on...

Short... Pale... Pretty straightedge and preachy... I'm guessing your avatar looks a lot like you (Catholic-Irish gingerish complexion/short haircut)...

People know.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I'm getting so sick of these stupid appeals to "legitimize" women in traditionally male roles. The push into male space is rarely due to a true desire to belong to a traditionally all-male institution or condition, but women are encouraged to believe they'll make some dent in the universe, simply by being the first to push past a "gender barrier". It's not about making a true contribution to that male institution or endeavor, but rather a goal of being "the first woman to do it too".

For all of the misdirections of a hoped for equalism, it's not about becoming a four-star for a woman, but rather becoming thefirstwoman-four-star, thefirst womanassigned to a combat role in the military, the thefirst womanto play at Augusta. If equalism were the real intent, we could expect the desire of the endeavor itself would supersede this, but it's always about thefirst womangoal, not the actual accomplishment or excellence in that accomplishment or endeavor. The trail being blazed is less important than being thefirst womantrailblazer ? in fact it can simply be the same trail men blazed centuries before and still be recognized as a significant accomplishment.

The goalisto be a woman in male space. It's the same trope Feminism always finds useful; the never ending push towards gender equalism. The practice, however, reveals the push into male space serves two purposes ? social control and female oversight.

Social control is the easier of the two to grasp. Even when changing the rules of an all-male game to accommodate a lack of genuine female interest in a male endeavor, it fundamentally alters the nature of that game. Thefirst womanallowed participation in that game is novelty enough to extend Feminism's social control into that male space (e.g. "nowadays women do it too!").

An easy example of this would be NASCAR embracing a driver like Danica Patrick. It's not that she's an exceptional driver, and I can't vouch for her genuine passion for NASCAR, but the social control she represents is that she is thefirst womanto (dubiously) be taken seriously in the nominally all-male space of NASCAR drivers. The goal has been achieved, all that's left now is female oversight of this male space.

The second purpose in the goal of female inclusion into male space is really a policing of the thought dynamics and attitudes of the men in that space. When women are allowed access to the locker room, the dynamic of the locker room changes. The locker room can take many different shapes: the workplace environment, the sports team, the group of all-male coders, the primarily male scientific community, the "boys club", the group of gamer nerds at the local game store, even strip clubs and the sanctuary you think your "man cave" is ? the context is one of women inserting themselves into male space, in order to enforce the dictates of feminine social primacy.

When the influence of feminine-primacy is introduced into social settings made up mainly by men and male-interests, the dynamics and purpose of that group changes. The purpose becomes less about the endeavor itself and more about adherence to the "feminine-inclusion" aspect of that endeavor. It starts to become less about being the best or most passionate at what they do, and more about being acceptable to the influence of Feminism, while attempting to maintain the former level of interest in the endeavor.

Men unaccustomed to having women in their midst generally react in two ways; According to their proper feminized conditioning, they embrace the opportunity to impress these "trailblazing" women (hoping to be found worthy of intimacy) with their enthusiastic acceptance of, and identification with, their feminine overseer(s), or they become easy foils of an "out moded" way of thinking that the new "in-group" happily labels them with.

Once the feminine-primary in-group dynamic is established, a "feminine correct" social frame follows. This feminine correction restructures the priorities of goals, and validates any accomplishments, in terms of how they reflect upon the feminine as a whole. Thus, any in-group success is perceived as afemininesuccess in male space. However, in-group failures or simple mediocrity is either dismissed entirely, or blamed on "out-of-group" men's failure to comply with, or the rejection of, Feminism's "correcting" influence on the in-group.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I'm getting so sick of these stupid appeals to "legitimize" women in traditionally male roles. The push into male space is rarely due to a true desire to belong to a traditionally all-male institution or condition, but women are encouraged to believe they'll make some dent in the universe, simply by being the first to push past a "gender barrier". It's not about making a true contribution to that male institution or endeavor, but rather a goal of being "the first woman to do it too".

For all of the misdirections of a hoped for equalism, it's not about becoming a four-star for a woman, but rather becoming thefirstwoman-four-star, thefirst womanassigned to a combat role in the military, the thefirst womanto play at Augusta. If equalism were the real intent, we could expect the desire of the endeavor itself would supersede this, but it's always about thefirst womangoal, not the actual accomplishment or excellence in that accomplishment or endeavor. The trail being blazed is less important than being thefirst womantrailblazer - in fact it can simply be the same trail men blazed centuries before and still be recognized as a significant accomplishment.

The goalisto be a woman in male space. It's the same trope Feminism always finds useful; the never ending push towards gender equalism. The practice, however, reveals the push into male space serves two purposes - social control and female oversight.

Social control is the easier of the two to grasp. Even when changing the rules of an all-male game to accommodate a lack of genuine female interest in a male endeavor, it fundamentally alters the nature of that game. Thefirst womanallowed participation in that game is novelty enough to extend Feminism's social control into that male space (e.g. "nowadays women do it too!").

An easy example of this would be NASCAR embracing a driver like Danica Patrick. It's not that she's an exceptional driver, and I can't vouch for her genuine passion for NASCAR, but the social control she represents is that she is thefirst womanto (dubiously) be taken seriously in the nominally all-male space of NASCAR drivers. The goal has been achieved, all that's left now is female oversight of this male space.

The second purpose in the goal of female inclusion into male space is really a policing of the thought dynamics and attitudes of the men in that space. When women are allowed access to the locker room, the dynamic of the locker room changes. The locker room can take many different shapes: the workplace environment, the sports team, the group of all-male coders, the primarily male scientific community, the "boys club", the group of gamer nerds at the local game store, even strip clubs and the sanctuary you think your "man cave" is - the context is one of women inserting themselves into male space, in order to enforce the dictates of feminine social primacy.

When the influence of feminine-primacy is introduced into social settings made up mainly by men and male-interests, the dynamics and purpose of that group changes. The purpose becomes less about the endeavor itself and more about adherence to the "feminine-inclusion" aspect of that endeavor. It starts to become less about being the best or most passionate at what they do, and more about being acceptable to the influence of Feminism, while attempting to maintain the former level of interest in the endeavor.

Men unaccustomed to having women in their midst generally react in two ways; According to their proper feminized conditioning, they embrace the opportunity to impress these "trailblazing" women (hoping to be found worthy of intimacy) with their enthusiastic acceptance of, and identification with, their feminine overseer(s), or they become easy foils of an "out moded" way of thinking that the new "in-group" happily labels them with.

Once the feminine-primary in-group dynamic is established, a "feminine correct" social frame follows. This feminine correction restructures the priorities of goals, and validates any accomplishments, in terms of how they reflect upon the feminine as a whole. Thus, any in-group success is perceived as afemininesuccess in male space. However, in-group failures or simple mediocrity is either dismissed entirely, or blamed on "out-of-group" men's failure to comply with, or the rejection of, Feminism's "correcting" influence on the in-group.
read that piece on RM. pretty good stuff.

Sweden/Norway is a pretty good example of that. I don't know if that is because their nation is largely harmonious to start with and have little to zero societal problems or just got lucky. Norway started to implement gender-zero policy for male and female. think they are living together now.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
I tried reading it.

"It?s hard to be a boy these days. A boy today goes to schools run mostly by women, who are under intense pressure to get test scores up. His recess is reduced or taken away because there is so much to learn. His need to move, express, and rough house?perfectly natural activities for a young male mammal?is contained so he can learn. The videos games he escapes to as a secondary outlet are shunned. Sports need to be ?fair? where there are no losers and everyone is a winner."

The struggle is real.

"I didn?t grow up in that world. I would much rather have gone to school when I did than now?and I was mercilessly picked on because of what would now be labeled Asperger?s Syndrome and dyslexia."

The spectrum leading the spectrum.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
No lie there's some scumfuckey questionable shit going down in local bars.

Don't drink alone is always good advice.
if youre drinking alone, youre probably a cockstarved loser anyways and the dude doesnt even need to rape you, he just needs to unzip his pants

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Stopped reading here, this is pure garbage. There was nothing in the linked article that indicated Howard had a desire to push past a "gender barrier". There is no reason to believe gender had anything to do with her choice of career or the progress she made in that career. Howard has, in fact, made "true contributions" to what you consider to be a "male endeavor". That's why she's being recognized. This first paragraph, and in all likelihood the rest of your bloated post, is sexist drivel pulled straight from your ass to serve your pathetic agenda.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Araysar is Russian. I assure you he has zero problems drinking alone.

But the whole "made her drink shit" is bullshit, anyhow. If you engage in any recreational activity with risk involved (this included men drinking too) without some degree of precautions, you have to take a measure of responsibility when shit goes wrong. And I still do not buy into this whole "I got her drunk so its rape" crap. People make choices and being voluntarily intoxicated does not absolve you of the consequences of them, no matter what your gender or orientation happens to be. But Tanoomba cannot seem to grasp this concept for some reason. Probably all the gleam from his white knight armor blinding him.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Have none of you guys had a woman try to get you drunk and take advantage of you?

I have had happen a few times for sure. They are up front about it usually and sometimes it was specifically because I was married and they wanted to see if they could get me just for the fun of it. Sure it wouldn't have been "rape" but no different really.