Butthurt white guys, an Asian virgin and an angry lesbian walk into a bar...

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
It'll still end up being more expensive for women than men 90% of the time, since women generally want more done than men. So it won't change much. Wait til you get women calling for their hour long coloring/perm/shampoo/whatever session to cost as much as a man's 10 minute snip...

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
There are certainly certain mental illnesses that that only affect certain geological areas but no legitimate organization defines a mental illness as simply an opposition to "normative" behavior and they certainly don't take into account the feelings of what societies stuck in the stone age who still literally hunt witches would define it as.

It reminds me of this autistic kid from high school who said that his disease was only a social construct and...ohhhhh now I see where Xequecal is coming from.
Homosexuality was in the DSM as a mental disorder until the late 70s. It was pretty much 100% in there because it wasn't considered "normative" behavior.

Caliane

It'll still end up being more expensive for women than men 90% of the time, since women generally want more done than men. So it won't change much. Wait til you get women calling for their hour long coloring/perm/shampoo/whatever session to cost as much as a man's 10 minute snip...
I'll take the shops word for it, that a pixie cut is just as fast as a dudes cut.
Obviously dyes, shampoos, etc cost more.
Mostly this all seems reasonable. I would totally expect this to be pretty popular with lesbians, and possibly a younger crowd in general. fawhawks, sidecuts, etc.

The only real issue is that expectation of value problem. "Women" won't feel a $12 haircut is as "good" as a $200 one.
http://www.coach.com/

Haircuts are a status thing.
Anyone solves that problem, they will be a trillionaire.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is this the place to bitch about people hating on you because you're white?

Long story short I went to one of the group play dates my son and daughter (8 and 4) go to. The parents get together and hire a sitter to play with the kids while the adults talk. The talk was about White Privilege and Black Lives Matter. The woman who threw the party literally talks to people about white privilege as a part of her job working for a local college. She went on about how some people are uncomfortable and how she was glad they were and they should be. At one point mentioned that the people in question were quote "White, straight, male, christian..." to which I raised my hand and said "I'm sitting right here, I'll finish oppressing you after I'm done with this slice of pizza" That drew a laugh.

Really fucking awkward. I'm honestly more concerned about this bullshit filtering to my kids who will be made to feel guilty for their skin color.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>

Long story short I went to one of the group play dates my son and daughter (8 and 4) go to. The parents get together and hire a sitter to play with the kids while the adults talk. The talk was about White Privilege and Black Lives Matter. The woman who threw the party literally talks to people about white privilege as a part of her job working for a local college. She went on about how some people are uncomfortable and how she was glad they were and they should be. At one point mentioned that the people in question were quote "White, straight, male, christian..." to which I raised my hand and said "I'm sitting right here, I'll finish oppressing you after I'm done with this slice of pizza" That drew a laugh.

Really fucking awkward. I'm honestly more concerned about this bullshit filtering to my kids who will be made to feel guilty for their skin color.
You just need to explain to your kids that:

rrr_img_134882.jpg

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>

I remember maybe 5-8 years ago thinking the rhetoric was sounding more and more like just blatant racism against whites especially men. Now it's just outright racism justified as social progress. It's funny how it slippery slopes and becomes exactly what you thought it would.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>

Meh. Seems to me like it's entirely possible to both acknowledge white privilege and not feel a speck a guilt for it.

Someone wants to tell me I've had certain advantages and benefits due to my skin color that I might not have had otherwise? Sure, go wild.
Someone wants to tell me I owe somebody something or need to feel guilty about something I have no control over? Fuck right off, thank you.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I remember maybe 5-8 years ago thinking the rhetoric was sounding more and more like just blatant racism against whites especially men. Now it's just outright racism justified as social progress. It's funny how it slippery slopes and becomes exactly what you thought it would.
Yep, it's blatant racism and sexism.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Why isn't "social justice" just justice? Because it's injustice now to "fix a perceived past injustice".

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Except less funny, and more survival-endangering.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Meh. Seems to me like it's entirely possible to both acknowledge white privilege and not feel a speck a guilt for it.

Someone wants to tell me I've had certain advantages and benefits due to my skin color that I might not have had otherwise? Sure, go wild.
Someone wants to tell me I owe somebody something or need to feel guilty about something I have no control over? Fuck right off, thank you.
We know cognitive dissonance comes easy for you, Tan. No need to remind us.

Here's an excersice for you though. If you knew someone was selected due to affirmative action (Hypothetically) for a position, would you feel comfortable telling them that their black skin gave them an advantage in the competition for the job?

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Why wouldn't this annoy you?

Guilt society -

True guilt cultures rely on an internalized conviction of sin as the enforcer of good behavior~. Guilt cultures emphasize punishment and forgiveness as ways of restoring the moral order

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Meh. Seems to me like it's entirely possible to both acknowledge jew's subhuman qualities and not feel a speck of anger about it.

Someone wants to tell me jews have certain advantages and benefits that I might otherwise deserve? Sure, go wild.
Someone wants to tell me I should put them in an over or feel guilty about something I have no control over like the SS doing it in my name? Fuck right off, thank you.
rrr_img_134893.jpg

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
The weird part is that everyone sitting there was extremely privileged in the sense that we all have nice homes, our kids go to good schools, everyone has jobs, some have million dollar plus homes. The woman in question her parents were born in India I believe, and she married a white guy. But he has dutifully declared himself a "White ally" ... which apparently is the term for it, so I guess he's ok. The other white people there one woman was literally tripping over herself to give her cred in "helping black kids" and saying how she hates when someone says "my kids are colorblind".

It was seriously creepy. Very religious zealot vibe to it all. I felt like they were all condemning sinners and looking to burn heretics while making themselves feel virtuous.

Meanwhile, when not talking about all this? Normal people, nice even.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
The weird part is that everyone sitting there was extremely privileged in the sense that we all have nice homes, our kids go to good schools, everyone has jobs, some have million dollar plus homes. The woman in question her parents were born in India I believe, and she married a white guy. But he has dutifully declared himself a "White ally" ... which apparently is the term for it, so I guess he's ok. The other white people there one woman was literally tripping over herself to give her cred in "helping black kids" and saying how she hates when someone says "my kids are colorblind".

It was seriously creepy. Very religious zealot vibe to it all. I felt like they were all condemning sinners and looking to burn heretics while making themselves feel virtuous.

It is, essentially, a religion. Just like evangelicals, when they aren't talking about their completely nuts religion, they can be nice people--the issue is how many things get sucked into it.

If you want to watch her head spin, ask her about Asian privilege--since Asians make more per household than whites do and are incarcerated at lower rates (Even per their population).

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
It is, essentially, a religion. Just like evangelicals, when they aren't talking about their completely nuts religion, they can be nice people--the issue is how many things get sucked into it.

If you want to watch her head spin, ask her about Asian privilege--since Asians make more per household than whites do and are incarcerated at lower rates (Even per their population).
I have this in my back pocket for next time:Complaint Filed Against Yale, Dartmouth, and Brown Alleging Discrimination - NBC News

Presumably she would want Asians blocked too, although she always refers to herself as "brown". Asian is inconvenient.

I'm Italian, couple of days in the sun I'll be browner than anyone there. Kiss a guy, convert to Islam, I'll be king of the underprivileged in 2 days.

Palum

what Suineg set it to

Indian society is literally the most racist pile of shit ever created. Seriously, go look up the Vedic period and how it's created a religiously sanctioned racism of astronomical proportions. Talk about fucking lack of perspective.

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
OK what's the endgame for feminism? I see more of a power movement than an equality movement at this point.
So feminism is alot like pacifism in that the whole program depends on someone who is bigger and stronger not using that advantage to gain power back. There is really a natural reason men are the ones in power. Not saying I don't agree with equality, I'm all for it. I really believe everyone should have an equal opportunity and equal treatment.

So can someone explain to me why men are going to protect the power of women when this change occurs. Also if they turn most men into weak little apologists and lapdogs do they think that quality of man is any use?

khalid

Unelected Mod
Endgame for feminism is when we have equal opportunity for equal aptitude and we aren't having social pressures push people out of things they are interested in based on their sex.