Buying a car?

Jx3

Riddle me this...
You guys should all buy the new pathfinder. I designed the instrument panel on that fucker. I have well over 2000 hours on that bitch. What you see is my sweat and blood. Well other people too, but namely me.

Next up? The new Maxima. Wait until you see that car. Its fricken sweet. And this is coming from a dude which thinks that most Nissans are ugly as hell. Our first Build with real production tooled parts is coming up in March.

rrr_img_58754.jpg
I'll buy one but only if there is a ReRolled special edition.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well I looked it up in our system and it is 1.8hours labor and I guess another tech here just replaced.the handle on a fusion, estimator said the part was around 50 bucks. So unless you need something that you don't know about, you are getting big time screwed.

Also, another too/truck is if you need minor stuff done like trim panel/mirrors. Go to a body shop, they normally will look it over/find what you need and body labor is usually about half the cost of mechanical.

Just make sure it's a legit shop.
my mechanic fixed it for $145 (parts, labor, tax). He quoted me $64 for the part.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
My Jeep recently went on life support so I bought a 2011 Escape limited. It's really comfortable and still has enough cargo room to haul all the shit I need to haul around. I'm a fan thus far. I hate that they redid the body style for '13 and on...They look like station wagons now, which I suppose is the trend.
Seems like every midsize and small SUV is going towards the same look. Small triangular back window, to where it looks like the rear of the car comes to somewhat of a point, usually with a spoiler or whatever overhanging the back window, extending the roofline
2014 Ford Escape:
clp-2014-ford-escape-green-bay-wi-image2.jpg

2013 Toyota Rav 4:
6a00d83451b3c669e2017ee9a8d087970d-800wi

2013 Hyundai Sante Fe(we bought one of these last year, love it)
Hyundai-Santa_Fe_Sport_2013_800x600_wallpaper_23.jpg

2013 Lexus CX:
2013-lexus-cx_600x0w.jpg

2013 Mazda CX-5
01-2013-mazda-cx-5-fdopt.jpg

2013 Honda CR-V:
2013-honda-cr-v-2wd-5dr-ex-l-w-navi-angular-front-exterior-view_100405332_l.jpg

They all look 99% the same

You guys should all buy the new pathfinder. I designed the instrument panel on that fucker. I have well over 2000 hours on that bitch. What you see is my sweat and blood. Well other people too, but namely me.

Next up? The new Maxima. Wait until you see that car. Its fricken sweet. And this is coming from a dude which thinks that most Nissans are ugly as hell. Our first Build with real production tooled parts is coming up in March.

rrr_img_58754.jpg
Why does my titans steering wheel volume controls work when they feel like it

rrr_img_58754.jpg
Ya problem is that when it decides to work

Silence_sl

shitlord
Why does my titans steering wheel volume controls work when they feel like it
I bought a new Chevrolet Suburban that developed an exciting fault. I did a tight, right-hand turn at slow speed (less than 10MPH), and the cruise control engaged at the last setting I used it at, which effectively made the engine go full throttle. Nothing really happened (except for it accelerating like a futhermocker), other than I just about shit myself before I stood on the brakes and turned the key off. That was its only fault in 120k miles of driving.

Vinen

God is dead
So. Lets just say I have quite a bit of company stock which vested and is ready to be sold :3
Anyone know how poorly a Tesla Model S handles in shitty New England conditions (ex: Snow, Ice)? Considering biting the bullet and getting one...

It's honestly a split between OMG ITS A FUCKING TESLA and a practical car like the Ford Fusion Energi.

And yes, I know I ain't saving shit in the long run. I just want to own the nerds in my area.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So. Lets just say I have quite a bit of company stock which vested and is ready to be sold :3
Anyone know how poorly a Tesla Model S handles in shitty New England conditions (ex: Snow, Ice)? Considering biting the bullet and getting one...

It's honestly a split between OMG ITS A FUCKING TESLA and a practical car like the Ford Fusion Energi.

And yes, I know I ain't saving shit in the long run. I just want to own the nerds in my area.
Its a fucking car. You are throwing good ass money away on a utility purchase. Don't.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would get a Tesla. The weather has been so shitty, you should just go test drive one. It's not like it's the middle of July and you'll have no clue how it handles for 6 months.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Its a fucking car. You are throwing good ass money away on a utility purchase. Don't.
I will never understand this mindset. If you can afford it, why not get a car that has features and is more fun to drive than others? You can extrapolate your logic to thinks like homes and clothes as well. I don't want to live in a shitty little apartment or wear Salvation Army clothes just because it's cheaper.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Most people(including me) have that mindset because cars are generally a very expensive item that rapidly depreciates to the point of worthlessness.

Real estate generally won't lose its entire value in a short period of time, and other consumables(like the clothes you mentioned) are cheap enough that who cares if they do wear out.

Some cars are expensive as houses and they basically become worthless over a period of a decade or so. That's a lot of wasted money(imho)

opiate82

Bronze Squire
You know, all I can say is that you can't take that money with you.

I asked my wife whether she'd like a couple of nice vacations or a "nicer" car (now not talking Tesla numbers here, but still). She said she loves cars and is in it every day so that is what she wanted. Did she know it was a waste of money, sure but it was how she wanted to waste her money.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I will never understand this mindset. If you can afford it, why not get a car that has features and is more fun to drive than others? You can extrapolate your logic to thinks like homes and clothes as well. I don't want to live in a shitty little apartment or wear Salvation Army clothes just because it's cheaper.
I can see both sides of it. There's no question that in North American society, your car is one of the most visible signs of your supposed success, and naturally many people make poor financial decisions in order to look good or feel good about themselves. And many people think "afford the payments" = "afford", which is really, really stupid. I'm all for driving a nice car myself, but if you're financing said nice car while having CC debt and a 30+ year amortization on your mortgage or worse renting, you're an idiot. And that's what most people are doing.

On the other hand, I drove the girlfriends Matrix to the movies last night,and it was awful. How do people drive cars w/o AWD and 300 hp+?

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
You know, all I can say is that you can't take that money with you.
And that's only ever going to be a problem for the most wealthy people, not someone financing a 60k truck @ 9%. Although I suppose that debt doesn't follow you in to the grave either. But your kids of family might not appreciate your estate evaporating once all the bills are paid.